BRAKE/CLUTCH LEVERS

CYCLEKNIGHT

Question

LOOKING FOR 6TH GEN BLACK AFTER MARKET LEVERS # KNOW THERE ARE DIFFERENT ONES OUT THERE BUT SOMEONE WHO ALREADY HAS A PAIR FITTED WOULD SAVE A WHOLE LOT OF TIME!!!!! HAVE BEEN SEARCHING BUT GETTING FRUSTRATATED, HELP!!!!

16 answers to this question

Just recently I purchased these aftermarket levers in titanium:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270712874988&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Quality and finish seems very nice and IMHO for the price they can't be beat! ;)

BTW, I've always wanted to ask this: why do most aftermarket levers have a 'z' curvature on the levers, where the oem ones are just straight? Is it for looks or does it serve a functional purpose?

Pazzo's all the way!!! Just bought a used pair from this site (or the other) - they are awesome! An interesting difference --the lower the number the closer you are to the grip - unlike OEM; so setting "1" is the closest to the grip.

Pazzo's all the way!!! Just bought a used pair from this site (or the other) - they are awesome! An interesting difference --the lower the number the closer you are to the grip - unlike OEM; so setting "1" is the closest to the grip.

+++ on the Pazzo's. I put a set of shorty levers on my 07 (bought off this forum) and noticed immediately I had much better clutch control than with the stock levers. Mine are set on "3".

The only caveat with all these billet adjustable levers, is that your hands will be moved farther out on the grips. The action for the adjustment takes up more space.

If, like me, you are more comfortable being "choked up" closer to the switch controls, you will find the adjustable levers to be awkward. Trying to use the same 2-finger approach on these that I am accustomed to on regular levers, leaves me twisting my wrists at an uncomfortable angle and ultimately leads me to compromise the level of control that I've grown to enjoy... not going to give that up for expensive looks.

I would much rather save the money to put towards radial master cylinders. These offer the same, if not more, lever adjustment without compromising the shape and hand position. And they work better to boot!

• Member Contributer

The only caveat with all these billet adjustable levers, is that your hands will be moved farther out on the grips. The action for the adjustment takes up more space.

If, like me, you are more comfortable being "choked up" closer to the switch controls, you will find the adjustable levers to be awkward. Trying to use the same 2-finger approach on these that I am accustomed to on regular levers, leaves me twisting my wrists at an uncomfortable angle and ultimately leads me to compromise the level of control that I've grown to enjoy... not going to give that up for expensive looks.

I would much rather save the money to put towards radial master cylinders. These offer the same, if not more, lever adjustment without compromising the shape and hand position. And they work better to boot!

I appreciate the heads-up about hand position. I also "choke up" on the controls.

I got the 2Wheels.com shortys and also have always liked the choked up position but still works for me with these. I also like the shorter clutch throw with the adjustment ,I get for great smooth shifts even when I'm not really concentrating on them. I still sometimes would like the OEM levers, Holding the clutch at long lites seems a little more effort, but all around these are great and I like the look. They have exceeded my expectations and were a snap to install.

I got the 2Wheels.com shortys and also have always liked the choked up position but still works for me with these. I also like the shorter clutch throw with the adjustment ,I get for great smooth shifts even when I'm not really concentrating on them. I still sometimes would like the OEM levers, Holding the clutch at long lites seems a little more effort, but all around these are great and I like the look. They have exceeded my expectations and were a snap to install.

Plus 1 on the shorty levers from 2wheels.com. Ebay great price and quality.for the price. I like them way better than stock levers on 07.

• Member Contributer

I have to put in a vote for Pazzo. Very comfortable, and very adjustable. (Excellent for anyone with small hands).

Aesthetically the shape also makes the levers blend in a lot more with the bike. One real benefit of the Pazzo race levers (shorties) is that if you tip a bike over, you are a lot less likely to break your clutch lever.

You might also want to check out the Pazzo knockoffs that are available on E-bay. This summer I compared my bike to one with the knock off levers from Hong Kong, there seemed very little difference between the two, except price of course.

Yes, mine are gold, however both Pazzos and knockoffs are available in a rainbow of colours.

Photos?

post-15151-0-78215500-1315021027_thumb.j

post-15151-0-91164800-1315021065_thumb.j

• Member Contributer

swapping levers is a piece of cake indeed. was on my 4th gen, cannot imagine yours to be anything else....The only thing to watch out for is the little brass? tonneau that you must re-use from your existing lever. and the brake lever acttuates the brake light switch so see how that bolts together.

and post up in the welcome section mate! :tour:

HPIM6053.jpg

HPIM6052.jpg

Archived