Sidi B2's

Guest danmurphymn

Guest danmurphymn

Hey all, I'm looking at these Sidi B2 gortex boots. I'm basically looking for good long lasting rainproof riding boots. I will only wear them while riding and the short walking into my work after that. I am also hoping to buy an adventure or dual sport bike down the road so I'd like to find a boot that could be good for that also. Anyone had any experience with these? They're aboot $250 right now.

sidi-b2-gore-tex.jpg

• Member Contributer

I had a pair of Sidi boots and a pair of Sidi cycling shoes and both were for narrow feet. They were great but I have fairly wide feet and they got pretty uncomfortable after a while.

Just a heads up if you haven't tried them on.

• Member Contributer

I've tried on several pair of Sidi boots and I can't seem to find any that are comfortable on my marginally wide feet, if you've got skinny feet I bet they're great.

I have a pair of SIDI Adventure Rain boots. You can still find them on sale (now discontinued) for about $300.00. They are the most comfortable, durable and waterproof boots I've owned. They felt like comfy 'old' boots from the minute I put them on. They are a great dual purpose boot and could be used for street riding, too.

SIDI Adventure Rain

the Sidi boots that I just sent too italy were great quality and I have heard that the waterproof boots work well too.

But as stated earlier, the sizing is funny. I wear a 9.5 - 10 and the Sidi 11.5 were just slightly too big.

• Member Contributer

they're aboot $250 right now.

$250 a boot?! $500 is twice what you should be paying for these! :laughing6-hehe:

(sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who finds my jokes funny...)

I owned a pair of non-goretex B2 boots for 5 years. They both durable and comfortable. I put over 50 000 km on my bike

in that time and did not have a single issue with the boots. I sold them and the second owner is still wearing them regularly.

I ended up purchasing a pair of sidi goretex vertices to replace them.

My feet are of average width and they were very comfortable. I would have to disagree about the comments about the boots being narrow.

You should try the boots on at a nearby dealer though and make the decisio for yourself. If you have really wide feet, as one of the previous posters

seems to have, you could try the Mega Gore Verticies. The Mega boot is wider.

The boots are fine for walking in short distances. If I ever have to walk a long diatance/hike I always bring the proper footwear. The boots are

comfortable for walking but I would rather wear the soles of something else. Mine did squeek a bit but they are certainly much more comfortable

than wearing a ski boot. Your ankle is not locked in in any way. More like wearing a work boot.

Danny

I just bought a pair of the Goretex B2's, and while I have yet to ride with them, I find them to be very comfortable.

However, just to add some confusion to the mix, I have fairly wide feet. I generally wear a size nine, but can wear an 8.5 wide shoe. I ordered the size 43's and they fit well. They are a little tight in the toes, but nothing out of the ordinary for me in most normal width shoes and the length was good. Before I bought the b2's, I went to a local shop and tried on both the b2's and the SMX-5's and found them to fit about the same. I have to admit I was a little surprised as all the reviews I had read had said the SMX-5 fit better for wider feet.

My suggestion to you would be to do the same as I did, and see if you can try them on at a local shop just to make sure. The other option, if you are ordering from New Enough, they should be give you free shipping back if you don`t like them.

Here is a link to my testimonial after buying the boots

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/testimonials/show/2011/1/12/3875

I just bought a pair of the Goretex B2's, and while I have yet to ride with them, I find them to be very comfortable.

However, just to add some confusion to the mix, I have fairly wide feet. I generally wear a size nine, but can wear an 8.5 wide shoe. I ordered the size 43's and they fit well. They are a little tight in the toes, but nothing out of the ordinary for me in most normal width shoes and the length was good. Before I bought the b2's, I went to a local shop and tried on both the b2's and the SMX-5's and found them to fit about the same. I have to admit I was a little surprised as all the reviews I had read had said the SMX-5 fit better for wider feet.

My suggestion to you would be to do the same as I did, and see if you can try them on at a local shop just to make sure. The other option, if you are ordering from New Enough, they should be give you free shipping back if you don`t like them.

Here is a link to my testimonial after buying the boots

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/testimonials/show/2011/1/12/3875

Thanks for the input. How are they to walk in? I would mostly wear them for cruises / trips but I also commute to work every day. During school I would wear them into school for a few hours before I get to work. Do they squeak or walk like ski boots?

• Member Contributer

I still have a pair of the Sidi B2 boots. I also have a pair of the Vertigo Air.

The B2 is a very good affordable boot. Fairly comfortable and not bad for walking a short distance. The footbed could us a bit more padding. Good protection too. I crashed in mine on the track and they did a good job of protecting my feet in spite of my left foot getting twisted under the bike.

My only gripe was that the velcro closure over the heel bone would sometimes get hung up a bit on the VFR's footpeg wing when shifing around during cornering. With the Vertigo I don't have this issue as the boot is designed a bit differently.

Thanks for the input. How are they to walk in? I would mostly wear them for cruises / trips but I also commute to work every day. During school I would wear them into school for a few hours before I get to work. Do they squeak or walk like ski boots?

I think the best way to describe it are like a pair of cowboy boots - I am in Alberta :) - or a stiff pair of work boots, but definitely no squeaking or ski boot tendencies.

They are okay to walk around in, but a little stiff. The soles do seem thin and I would be worried that they may wear out faster then the rest of the boot. Not too sure about long term, maybe Johnmark can give better feedback in that area.

I purchased this exact boot just last month. I am very pleased with them. I think they are a great value. You are probably looking at them here:

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/boots/sidi/b2_gore_tex_motorcycle_boot.html?n

I ordered one metric size up from my normal as I read they tend to run small plus I usually wear a heavy sock on the bike. The fit is perfect. You probably won't find a better pair of sport-oriented boots at this price. I researched boots quite a bit before pulling the trigger on these.

Good luck.

IG

Guest yasuchan

My wife's had the B2's for the last 3-4 seasons and they've held up well. Comfortable for walking (short distances, don't go hiking), good price point, good protection, and good feel on the bike.

They are not the Goretex version but otherwise for a good allround sport/sport-touring boot they're great.

I dont mean to steer the thread away from the topic, but I sold my Sidis because I love these so much. Really, really comfy. no squeek, not too disco and 100 percent water proof.

004-10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a pair of B2's since '03. Just don't drag the end of the toe area. My shoe size is 13's. That's what I got, and they're a tad big. Over all, I like them. I used them for trackdays and touring.

I am still really tempted to buy these boots. I did however try on a pair of Alpinestar MX5's and they felt oh so comfortable. The Sidi's definately look like they are more rugged and have more protection but they kind of hurt my ankles (I didn't try on the B2's, I tried on another pair.) Will the Sidi's break in to be as comfy as the Alpinestars? Right now I'm kind of comparing everything to the comfort of the Alpinestars...

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I've had these boots for a couple months. It's a love/hate relationship. I love them, but THE SQUEAKING heels are driving me nuts. I can't believe this got through any sort of testing (like walking...) to production.

has anyone derived a fix for this? It's the articulated "plates" over the Achilles, the plates squeak like the dickens for me. I ride with them to work every day, so when i walk through the office.. ugh

Hey all, I'm looking at these Sidi B2 gortex boots. I'm basically looking for good long lasting rainproof riding boots. I will only wear them while riding and the short walking into my work after that. I am also hoping to buy an adventure or dual sport bike down the road so I'd like to find a boot that could be good for that also. Anyone had any experience with these? They're aboot $250 right now.

• Member Contributer

I own these exact boots and use them to commute to work and for spirited rides around the block and beyond.

They are comfortable and functional. I can walk in them too, as long as my pants are pulled over them - They wouldn't let me into the office in these clown shoes :laughing6-hehe:

My foot is on a wider side, although not as wide as some and they still fit great.

As far as being waterproof, they stood up to splashing and light rain just fine. Haven't had a chance to test them in a downpour.

I recommend them.

As far as sizing, get 1/2 a size larger than your shoes. You won't go wrong.

Archived