Leo Vince Exhaust (Pics)

nr0974

Well after not finding the exhaust I wanted I went with my second choice which was a Leo Vince Exhaust. The Exhaust I was looking for was a Raptor but apparently it was a one off custom made exhaust which was done in Europe. I am happy with the Leo Vince and it sounds incredible! After I removed the baffles....lol.

IMG00090-20100814-1633.jpg

DSC01972.jpg

DSC01973.jpg

DSC01974.jpg

DSC01975.jpg

DSC01976.jpg

DSC01977.jpg

DSC01978.jpg

DSC01979.jpg

DSC01982.jpg

• Member Contributer

Very nice. Congrats on the new pipes.

I am not one who gets hung up on how a bike sounds, since I prefer to ride rather than listen to my bike.

However.......no other bike I have heard sounds a good as the VFR V4 with a good slip on exhaust.

• Member Contributer

Looks beautifull indeed.

Did you weigh the pipes to compare?

The difference between my 4th gen oem and the Akrapovic was nearly 5 kilo.

• Member Contributer

I am not one who gets hung up on how a bike sounds, since I prefer to ride rather than listen to my bike.

However.......no other bike I have heard sounds a good as the VFR V4 with a good slip on exhaust.

Have you spent much time on other bikes? After getting off of a VFR with an aftermarket can (Holeshot Performance) and getting on to BMW F800s with a stock pipe... Well, let's just say that the sound is a visceral part of the experience of motorcycling. I can't wait for my LV can to arrive for the BMW but it still isn't even in the same ballpark as the VFR sound.

In a perfect world I want a silent electric bike with pure power... or a Honda V-4 with an aftermarket can.

I'm kinda an Exhaust nut so I like my bikes to sound nice without being too obnoxious. I was also dying to hear what a V4 with exhaust sounds like, seeing as my other bke is a Yamaha R1. One of the first Mods are always exhaust for me, here are a few pics of the other one.

DSC01409.jpg

DSC01420.jpg

DSC01446.jpg

• Forum CEO

I too went with the Leo Vince on the veefalo, and I am glad I did since the Akropovics come with that inline throttle valve system that works with the OEM baffle cable, no more surging gurguling at low rpm to high rpm.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/videos/491/leovince.mp4

• 4 months later...

I installed mine last night. Whoa! they're definitely noticeable without the baffles. The video just truly can't capture the sound differernce completely.

www.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgVVbBI4SXf0%26sns%3Dem

• Member Contributer

I installed mine last night. Whoa! they're definitely noticeable without the baffles. The video just truly can't capture the sound differernce completely.

It want let you see the video !!!!!!!!!!!!!

[How difficult was the install?

Any special instructions based on your experience?

Finally, is there a recommended place to order it from?

I like the CF ones. :fing02:

It want let you see the video !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, first upload to YouTube and I had the settings incorrect. Here's the clip:

I've ridden about 50 miles with them now. Great sound at idle, little bit of what seems to be popping decelerating. Thinking a Power Commander would help that. Anyone elses experience with this would be appreciated. It really purrs at highway speeds where the OEM exhaust was annoyingly buzzing. That's been the highlight so far. That and scaring small animals off the roadway at the sound of my approach. I actually had a guy get out of his car at a stoplight to ask me what kind of bike I had as he really liked the sound. Maybe I should put the baffles back in!

So how much did you pay? Also is the LH pipe real or closed off like some other systems? Where to buy ?

Dano

I found the steel one (not carbon fiber) from 186mph.com out of Atlanta for 595 shipped. Both pipes are functional.

I have a dilemma, I can't decide between the aluminum or carbon fiber ones. The aluminum ones are 570 while the CF ones are 770.

I have the 08 so i am thinking the al cans would match the bike pretty well, but the cf ones are pretty cool looking too. I dunno.

What do all y'all think? AL or CF

I have a dilemma, I can't decide between the aluminum or carbon fiber ones. The aluminum ones are 570 while the CF ones are 770.

I have the 08 so i am thinking the al cans would match the bike pretty well, but the cf ones are pretty cool looking too. I dunno.

What do all y'all think? AL or CF

CF, or you could invest the 200 clam difference in your future by opening a Roth IRA for your golden years...:huh:...NAH, CF. :biggrin:

I initially wanted to go with aluminum, but the sweet weave of carbon fiber won me over. The finish of the Leo Vince carbon fiber is more of a matte finish. Not glossy like I've seen on other cans. I left the baffles in. Nice and mellow sound when idling in the driveway (I don't want to scare the neighbors). When you get into the high revs, it sings the perfect tune. The best exhaust for the 6th generation VFRs. Here's a picture of my set up.

gallery_20346_5399_1332516.jpg

IMG_4027.JPG

• 4 months later...

I am really intereted in such types of exhausts for VFR.

DSC01976.jpg

100_3924.jpg

Not really like the muffler with the extended tubes at the end like below photo:

gallery_20346_5399_1332516.jpg

But the new Leovince muffler seems too expensive to me, especially gotta ship to Vietnam... haizzz.....

Archived