Finally lit up another digit on my Odometer!

• Member Contributer

Well after being stuck with only 220 miles left to hit the 100,000 mile mark for the last 3 weeks, I finally got an above average couple of days to knock it out! Sunday I managed to get within ten miles (even with a flat tire) , and with the weather sunny and almost 70F (good for illinois in November) on Monday, I got my camera and my scratch off lottery ticket and headed out of town hit my mark! :fing02:

gallery_14545_4569_2245224.jpg

IMG_2444.JPG

I also had to get a shot at 99,999......the last time I would ever see 5 digits!!! :bliss:

gallery_14545_4569_599548.jpg

IMG_2436.JPG

I didn't win the 3 Million that the ticket promised, but I did break even!

gallery_14545_4569_655038.jpg

IMG_2451.JPG

Not too bad looking for her age!!

gallery_14545_4569_1345396.jpg

IMG_2456.JPG

OK, on to the next 100,000 miles! :wheel: :fing02: :woohoo: :wheel:

• Member Contributer

Congrats!! Now you're on your way to 200k. Shootin' for 100k myself. At 48k, I'm a bit far away.

You can always ride to my house for a tire change.....that would get you 7,000 quick miles! :fing02:

Very awesome, congratulations! My 02 only has a little more than 12k on the clock. I just picked her up, hopefully will have the bike long enough to see 100k :) What a great accomplishment.

• Member Contributer

Very awesome, congratulations! My 02 only has a little more than 12k on the clock. I just picked her up, hopefully will have the bike long enough to see 100k :) What a great accomplishment.

Thanks! The more you ride it, the better it gets!!!!

• Member Contributer

One question: How many times did you get the valves adjusted?

Congrats on breaking the six-figure mark!

Congrats on hitting the 100k mi. mark! :cheerleader: It's pretty rare to see a bike hit 6 digits, but I seem to see more VFRs making it there than other bikes. :biggrin:

I'm at 56k mi. now on my '04, and hope to see 100k within a few years. :cool:

• Member Contributer

Congrats I hope you enjoy the next 100k :fing02: I am looking forward to hitting that mark in 2011 I think, but with two bikes now I don't know when only 24,372 to go :cheerleader:

Any info on valve adjustments you can cough up would be appreciated by me!

Also, kinda :offtopic:

Does anybody know if the 5th Gens have a six digit odometer as well?

BTW, congrats on 100k! :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

Bingo!!!!

Dutch State Lottery tonite, here's hoping..................... :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Congrats beer.gifStill got nearly 75k to go on my '04, but looking forward to each and every mile. biggrin.gif

• Member Contributer

Congrats!! Now you're on your way to 200k. Shootin' for 100k myself. At 48k, I'm a bit far away.

You can always ride to my house for a tire change.....that would get you 7,000 quick miles! :fing02:

Maybe someday :pinocchio: :biggrin: .

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a pic of HS's old girl's odometer stating 124k miles or something, so yes it does.

Maybe someday :pinocchio: :biggrin: .

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a pic of HS's old girl's odometer stating 124k miles or something, so yes it does.

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

Any info on valve adjustments you can cough up would be appreciated by me!

Also, kinda :offtopic:

BTW, congrats on 100k! :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Thanks!

Well for the first three years the Honda dealership did all the maintenance, part of a deal they sold called "priority service" . It was an extended three year warranty, and ALL service per Honda. I got around 55,000 give or take in that 3 year time frame, so what ever the service manual called for they did. But what they replaced (shims/buckets) I don't know.

I did a valve check myself in 2008 at about 67,000 miles and found 4 non-vtec valves out and I think 1 close to being out (if I can remember right :comp13: ) and 3 vtec valves out of spec.????

I guess I'm way pass when the nezt service is recommended but they are probably fine.....bike starts right up, and still runs very smoothly!

I have replaced the CCT's somewhere around 70,000ish?? Still no noise from them either.

I bought new fork seals from all balls racing 10,000 miles ago for just in case, but 100,000 on fork seals I'd say is pretty good. It's a Honda thing I guess!

Fluid changes, chain, sprockets, gas and tires.....that's about it!

I did replace the two of three bearings in the rear end/wheel around 85,000!

Lots of tires!!!!

It's been run into by a friend on a Vulcan Drifter 1500 and backed over by the guy who I rent my office from, so the front and right side fairings and headlights are pretty new! Never been crashed, and that's pretty amazing considering my track record .

And here is the best part to me: ONLY 1 speeding ticket that I got at 72,000 miles after being pulled over for speeding a dozen times or more....the big joke was always: my all red bike never gets tickets.....it got to be a fun game, and eventually I would always ask the officer with a smile on my face, "are you gonna give me a ticket or let me go!" :lobby:

It's always been ridden pretty hard and fast, and doesn't seem to show any signs of stopping!!! oil always looks good/ no smoking on hard accelerations.....

• Member Contributer

Awesome!!! :cheerleader:

I'm 4/5ths there at 80k. :biggrin:

Keep it rolling!! It's a pretty cool thing to watch it turn! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

The VFR seems to be one of the rare bikes that owners look forward to putting miles on without fear of engine problems. I've noticed that other bike model owners are much more careful about putting miles on their bikes.

This reminds of the story of the English courier who changed his oil every week and put 400k on his VFR before the motor died... Then he had it rebuilt and did it again (400k). I think I remember he said he could get 40 or 50k out of a chain with a Scott Oiler installed. I wish I could find that article on him again... Anyone have it?

My poor babied Gen 3 was mostly loved and polished before I got it and it is sorely in need of racking up miles (measly 21k after 20 model years). Good news is I put 2k on in the last 6 weeks here in MN.

62K for me on my '02, only 1 valve check at 52K and all within spec!

4 chains, many tires, 3 brake pads, 1 fork seal, 4 taillight bulbs, 2 headlight bulbs, 1 blue burned connector,1 battery, 1 speedo sensor, and 1 big smile :biggrin:

Archived