Geelong carboncraft tank protector

Veefer800Canuck

The tank protector is $139 AUD, which is $128 USD or $129 CAD with the excellent exchange rate we're enjoying.

If one were so inclined, that part could be made for about $40-50. Having other body parts at a shop waiting for clearcoat makes it more convenient... or not, being that you need the tank to use as a mold... :comp13:

• Member Contributer

aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww :comp13: they make a cf front fender for my 4th gen....................

buuuuuuuuuuuutttt au$440....... :angry:

I've a similar but slightly smaller one of unknown brand on my bike, and it's been there since before I bought the bike (so it's around 6 years old?). It's very good execept for two things: it's been mounted slightly crookedly, and it seems to be attached by several smallish tabs of double-sided adhesive, so it sits out from the tank by a milimetre or so (like the one in the picture seems to). The result is that water and water-borne crud can get behind it. One day :comp13: I'll remove it to have the tank repainted, then I'll remount it - straight and with no gaps.

It's stoood up very well to our harsh sunlight, and to abrasion, so I'd imagine the Geelong one is even betterer.gallery_3710_217_82926.jpg

Tank protector Some unknow brand of carbon fibre tank protector (on the bike when I bought it).

You guys should have been onto this when the AUD was around 65 cents to the USD... now it's around 91c.

GCC stuff is excellent and worth the $ if you want a premium product. Rob I have the 4th Gen equivalent of what you are looking at, it came to me used and is a bit dog eared, but I think it kicked around in a shed for a while before it was given to me. It's certainly strong and well made.

I have had those on 2 previous bikes, they are excellent quality, but a little large for my liking.

I have the GCC hugger on this bike and it also is excellent.

• Member Contributer

Another option is Mark at carbonpartz.com

He does custom stuff along with tons of stock items, with a few colour/finish options. I have a tank protector of his for my '08 CBR 1000 and I'm very happy with it. (Very similar to the Clever Wolf design)

I emailed him yesterday and he says he can do the tank protectors for under $100.

mschoeler1@aol.com

I hope this doesn't break any rules - I'm not affiliated with him in any way; just a customer.

• Member Contributer

He does custom stuff along with tons of stock items, with a few colour/finish options. I have a tank protector of his for my '08 CBR 1000 and I'm very happy with it. (Very similar to the Clever Wolf design)

I emailed him yesterday and he says he can do the tank protectors for under $100.

mschoeler1@aol.com

I hope this doesn't break any rules - I'm not affiliated with him in any way; just a customer.

I think you mean .net

• Member Contributer

mschoeler1@aol.com

Does he have a 6th gen Viffer tank for a pattern already? Should we start a poll to see how many would be interested to get a batch discount or at least make it worth his while?

mschoeler1@aol.com

I think you mean .net

http://carbonpartz.net/

Archived