I need a few of these!!

SEBSPEED

This looks GREAT for doing most maintenance, making suspension adjustments, and for moving the bikes around in my garage as I switch from working on one project to another!

44_0.jpg

Unfortunately, as with most quality tools that work well, they are expensive! They're about $500. sad.gif So, I'm going to resolve to figure it out/reverse engineer one and build one or two for myself sometime this year. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlB2KrTeuI8&feature=player_embedded#

Thoughts/opinions?

• Member Contributer

Just watched the video.....yeah that's pretty freaking cool....and German made..I dig it!! :rolleyes: :biggrin: :fing02:

Just watched the video.....yeah that's pretty freaking cool....and German made..I dig it!! :fing02: :fing02: :fing02:

:fing02: Like I said, I gotta see some better pics and figure out the cam design, and make a couple. :beer:

Not only are they expensive, but shipping to the US would be killer. Maybe I should see about becoming a USA distributor?

• Member Contributer

Doesn't look too hard to build yourself. Would probably just copy their exact design. Maybe even add in some sort of pneumatic or electric device for lifting.

Really suprised that you can lift the bike and roll it around on those two points. Would have thought the bike would slip off.

• Member Contributer

Just watched the video.....yeah that's pretty freaking cool....and German made..I dig it!! :fing02: :fing02: :fing02:

:fing02: Like I said, I gotta see some better pics and figure out the cam design, and make a couple. :beer:

Not only are they expensive, but shipping to the US would be killer. Maybe I should see about becoming a USA distributor?

Yeah that would be what I would call a "luxury" tool, when you can buy front and rear stands for half the price!

Yeah, if you make them, people will buy them!

Doesn't look too hard to build yourself. Would probably just copy their exact design. Maybe even add in some sort of pneumatic or electric device for lifting.

Really suprised that you can lift the bike and roll it around on those two points. Would have thought the bike would slip off.

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly lift a bike and shove it down my driveway... but a tight fitting pin would go a long way towards making it stable. Honestly, I was really skeptical of fork stands when I first used them, but I have a couple now along with a triple tree front stand - just have to be careful with them.

Rear stands that have pads - now those I won't use. Spool type only, for conventional swingarms for me thanks! (or a good SSS stand)

• Member Contributer

Back in the late 90's I was at the Cycle world show in Rosemont(chicago) and my engineer buddy and I were wandering around the vendor area when I spotted some really nice looking Pitbull stands. I had never seen them before and thought that they looked pretty slick. I thought that the vendors that were using them were a race team...so I asked them if they could give me the measurements on the stands they used so I could have my buddy duplicate them in the fab shop he worked at....the guy gave me the dumbest look, and then he finally said no, but you can buy them from us! Turns out it was Pitbull, selling race stands...not a race team.

:fing02: OOPS

• Member Contributer

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly lift a bike and shove it down my driveway... but a tight fitting pin would go a long way towards making it stable. Honestly, I was really skeptical of fork stands when I first used them, but I have a couple now along with a triple tree front stand - just have to be careful with them.

Rear stands that have pads - now those I won't use. Spool type only, for conventional swingarms for me thanks! (or a good SSS stand)

If you have ever put a pitbull stand in the rear axle of a Ducati 1098 or 1198, they are incredibly tight, and very stable!

If you have ever put a pitbull stand in the rear axle of a Ducati 1098 or 1198, they are incredibly tight, and very stable!

I just bought a used SSS stand, can't remember the brand but it's not Pitbull. The guy gave me all the adapters for MV Agusta, Ducati, Honda, Triumph, etc. They do fit and work well. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I just bought a used SSS stand, can't remember the brand but it's not Pitbull. The guy gave me all the adapters for MV Agusta, Ducati, Honda, Triumph, etc. They do fit and work well. :fing02:

Does it look like this one??

gallery_14545_4569_149000.jpg

IMG_0416.JPG

• Member Contributer

This looks GREAT for doing most maintenance, making suspension adjustments, and for moving the bikes around in my garage as I switch from working on one project to another!

Thoughts/opinions?

Wow - thats hot! Didnt see pins for the VFR though....

MD

I've seen similar bike lifts before that are electricaly operated and could raise the bike about 3'.

• Member Contributer

So, I'm going to resolve to figure it out/reverse engineer one

You are not Chinese are you? :fing02:

Copyright does not mean right to copy :fing02:

So, I'm going to resolve to figure it out/reverse engineer one

You are not Chinese are you? :fing02:

Copyright does not mean right to copy :fing02:

Only via tightness of wallet... :fing02:

As long as it's not an exact replica, it's not copyright infringement. And that only (really) applies to products being marketed for sale anyway, IMO...

Nope, this one. I just realized in looking for a pic, what a good deal I got. I paid $75, and the thing is in nice shape.

accessories-power-stands-bike-stands-mario-european-rear.jpg

http://www.motorhelm...-powerstand.htm

I have the same one. I think I paid $120 for the whole thing brand new with all the adapters you got, plus one for BMW. A buddy of mine is a racer and had Power Stands as a sponsor. The stand works, although not as sturdy as a Pit Bull. The bike leans a little while on the stand which can be un-nerving. If I can get a Pit-Bull at a decent price, I'll probably pick one up for a comparison. I can always use the Power Stand for bikes that I work on since I do tires for all kinds.

I have the same one. I think I paid $120 for the whole thing brand new with all the adapters you got, plus one for BMW. A buddy of mine is a racer and had Power Stands as a sponsor. The stand works, although not as sturdy as a Pit Bull. The bike leans a little while on the stand which can be un-nerving. If I can get a Pit-Bull at a decent price, I'll probably pick one up for a comparison. I can always use the Power Stand for bikes that I work on since I do tires for all kinds.

I got the BMW plug too. If it has a (production) SSS, I have an adapter for it. :fing02:

Looks like the hardest part will be finding 2 appropriate holes on the VFR frame to use for lifting. The RR-type frames seem to lend themselves better to this lift, after looking at some VFR side shots.

Nope, this one. I just realized in looking for a pic, what a good deal I got. I paid $75, and the thing is in nice shape.

accessories-power-stands-bike-stands-mario-european-rear.jpg

http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm-accessories/power-stands/pr-accessories-power-stands-bike-mario-european-front-powerstand.htm

That's the same stand I had. I sold mine to Paul with the 900rr. Didn't think I would need it again, my mistake.. I'll probably buy the same one again, I liked it. I think I paid more like $150 for it.

That's the same stand I had. I sold mine to Paul with the 900rr. Didn't think I would need it again, my mistake.. I'll probably buy the same one again, I liked it. I think I paid more like $150 for it.

3 guesses as to where I got it... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Just remembered something I wanted to complain about with this product, but couldn't remember when I went to post.

Why are they using philip head screws on the leg attatchments. Why why why. I mean, yes, it's german, and they would have used some sort of magical metal from one of their competence centers so the screw head won't strip, but still.

Just remembered something I wanted to complain about with this product, but couldn't remember when I went to post.

Why are they using philip head screws on the leg attatchments. Why why why. I mean, yes, it's german, and they would have used some sort of magical metal from one of their competence centers so the screw head won't strip, but still.

That's the best you've got?? :goofy: Yet another reason to build your own! Hey, I know this young guy from Ohio, his Dad has a machine shop... +1.gif

Archived