Found on the Intardwebz

Veefer800Canuck

• Member Contributer

I just vomitted in my mouth a little. I wonder if the owner wears one of those shark tooth necklaces and a wife beater tank top while riding.

Regards,

Rollin

• Member Contributer

I die a little bit inside when I see things like this.

Here's a similar WTF moment (Incidentally, the person who took this pic tells me that the paint job was rattle-can, and had really obvious runs and marks in it. Ugh.):

uglyvfr.jpg

• Member Contributer

All that time and money spent and that's what they come up with, goes to show you can't buy taste. sad.gif Oh well as long as they like and ride it I guess.

• Member Contributer

I just vomitted in my mouth a little. I wonder if the owner wears one of those shark tooth necklaces and a wife beater tank top while riding.

Regards,

Rollin

Not big on the paint job, but my do you have to "be hating" on my wardrobe?

• Member Contributer

Looks like some student in mechanic-paint school tried to impress his teacher for an end-of-year practical exam!! Wonder what mark he got?!??! :blink:

Can't blame a guy for trying to be best of his class!! :happy:

c

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

You would be amazed at what a painter will do to a bike. I took my tank and plastics to a guy. He got flaky for about a month and did nothing. I got mad and complain so he said he would do a "CUSTOM" paint job for me for waiting. 3 months later I got this. And I rode it that way for 1 summer. Then it got repainted. I hated it but I tried. Would have look good on a Harley maybe? But not a VFR.

vfr001.jpg

vfr006.jpg

vfr008.jpg

vfr005.jpg

myfav.jpg

undershot01.jpg

You would be amazed at what a painter will do to a bike. I took my tank and plastics to a guy. He got flaky for about a month and did nothing. I got mad and complain so he said he would do a "CUSTOM" paint job for me for waiting. 3 months later I got this. And I rode it that way for 1 summer. Then it got repainted. I hated it but I tried. Would have look good on a Harley maybe? But not a VFR.

vfr001.jpg

vfr006.jpg

vfr008.jpg

vfr005.jpg

myfav.jpg

undershot01.jpg

I agree, the Artwork isn't bad, it just a very poor choice in application, much like the original post pic. Airbrush on sport bikes only have two outcomes, Awesome or puke a little in your mouth, there's really no middle ground.

fugly but you've got to give the painter a little respect for their talents, although they shouldn't have ever done such a thing to such a bike. to each their own

Archived