My Modded 86 - Fender Or No Fender?

SEBSPEED

Use front fender or no?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Use front fender or no?

• Yes
    • No

9-20-09024-1.jpg

I think it looks good without one, and it's not meant to be a daily rider. Forks are 900RR, so a stock fender is out of the question because of the size. It would take lots of creative trimming to make it look good.

What say you?

EDIT - here's a pic with a fender... sorry, I'm not a photoshop wizard! Did it in white to make it easy to see, and it would have cutouts w/ gold mesh like the wheels. Bike will likely be metallic black!

9-20-09024wfender.jpg

Hugger and shredded fender. wink.gif

Won't the DMV down there require you to have them? :blink:

Gotta' love that ass end kicked up to the sky Seb! :491:

Greg :cool:

Actually, I dunno if it's required or not! I have a tiny piece of what used to be a 900RR fender that I can put on there if required...

The tail is definitely at a higher angle than it would be on the Duc 1098(the bike it came off of); that's why I "painted in" a raised area at the front, to ease the transition to the tank. I think the "boyz" will thank me for that!

How about a trimmed down 900 fender, just something to keep the crud from flinging all over, something like this:

It would need different styling, for sure. But it's a possibility. I added another MS Paint pic above with a rough idea of what I might use...

• Member Contributer

I'm going to say 'yes' to a fender. I've never really liked the looks of bikes without one. I think even a stock 900RR fender would look better than none at all.

• Member Contributer

Personally, I have always liked the minimal front fender on the Original Ducati MH900E bike.

I think this pic shows it well.

And this pic shows how it is only attached on one side:

Just my $0.02,

Ron

• Member Contributer

I like the looks of it without the fender, but I'm an engineer, and the engineer in my says the fender is a good idea.

and after actually looking at where the fender is going to end up, I don't think it will do much, so voting fenderless.

Archived