Posing With Setup

Guest DarkKnight

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
May I ask some input of some of yall about the soft luggage shown so far? I have always wondered if soft saddle bags or tail bags would rub the fairing paint due to the way it hooks on the bike..do your systems use tie down? Bungee? Passenger grab handles? I have thought about gettin bags for my 4th but I am concerned on how well some of these would work on my bike with minimal paint surface rubbing. Sorry for the somewhat thread jack but no one has really talked details about some of these systems. Once the best soft tail and saddle bags out there?

Thanks

Vince (97VFR750)

I used masking tape on my side covers to protect my plastic. The Cargo Endurance Sport Panniers, I think, would leave rub marks if plastic is not protected. They cost me 125.00. You can spend a lot on soft luggage. I went in with eyes wide open and am not dissappointed. The bags come with protective covers for the supplied bungee metal dohickeys. Oh...no problem for the thread jack. You are asking the questions I had prior to buying my bags.

• Member Contributer
Man I look like crap in that photo. I guess thats what 30 hours without sleep looks like...yikes.

Dig that mohawk! :laugh: Post one with the helmet on, please.

Don't have one with me wearing it, but I have something that might be better... :goofy:

n29610479_38750390_7744857.jpg

They have got to be sisters. Nice :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
They have got to be sisters. Nice :goofy:

Don't I wish. Unfortunately the waitress had the mental capacity of a brick. sad.gif

HA!!!!!!!!

• Member Contributer
They have got to be sisters. Nice :beer:

Don't I wish. Unfortunately the waitress had the mental capacity of a brick. sad.gif

I'm sure there's someone in this world that would find that an attractive feature. :goofy:

*images sniped for space*

sPOTO

Some nice shots, but seemed a bit hazy, and the bike was a bit blotchy, so I ran some quick filters...

2eedc1c2.jpg

49166c3e.jpg

Pardon the low-res. iPhone pics...by the way, anyone know where I can get my hands on a set of clear lenses for the Tail Light and Turn Signals?? Price??

gallery_17013_4638_319583.jpg

IMG_0735_edited.JPG

Your bike looks excellent in this pic...my son told me I should have painted my bike black the day I brought it home...

gallery_17013_4638_54386.jpg

Bill_McKay[1]_edited.jpg

Hey thanks DarkKnght! It used to be red with black wings at one point, till I wadded it and myself Big Time. Completely totaled. ( 2 broken rims, total loss body work, along with my 14 breaks, "ouch", but it's all good now and it's "Back in Black" :fing02: I love it!

• Member Contributer
They have got to be sisters. Nice :fing02:

So?!? What's your point?

They have got to be sisters. Nice :fing02:

So?!? What's your point?

Well, if I wanted something that braindead I'd just go find a freshman sorostitute at the university. Young and dumb is one thing, once they're over about 23 it's just sad.

gallery_4345_2447_874755.jpg

09 Luggage Setup

I have a Givi E52, Oxford softbags, Marsee Zipp bag, and a Motopak 35L tankbag (not in picture). I can carry everything but the kitchen sink with that setup. The background is the treetops where we stay in Deals Gap. Gotta give Ron and Nancy and shameless plug---they are awesome people to deal with.

Here's a photo from a few years ago, when my wife and I did a 5-day, two-up tour at Easter. As you can see, we managed with two zip-together Ventura bags, and an expandable Motoline tank bag, which held essentials like camera, Motorcycling Atlas, wallet, wet-weather gear, etc.

gallery_3710_217_1203467.jpg

DSC01615.JPG

Lately I've just been loading up my backpack and strapping it onto the back like this:

IMAG0365.jpg

I got a top case from JCWhitney that looks similar to a Givi and I just need to manufacture a decent rack for it and then I plan on getting some soft side cases which will probably work out better than my current setup. But for now, at least I can go somewhere.

Oxygen

Givi E41 side cases (I love 'em!), JC Whitney tail trunk (same as Givi E360 but 1/3 the price), Joe Rocket MantaXL magnetic tank bag. Across the back seat is my tent, a 9x12 canopy, camping stool, and mini-cooler. This was just a weekend trip, so the sleeping bag is in one of the side cases. I now have a black waterproof compression bag for the tent, canopy and stool, so it'll be easier to secure to the bike.

DSC00160.jpg

DSCF3718.jpg

DSCF3723.jpg

DSCF3724.jpg

• Member Contributer
Ventura rack system, JoeRocket tankbag.

gallery_554_345_61012.jpg

Bonus points if you name the location!!!!!!! :fing02:

Looks like Deception pass to me, east end of Hwy 20. I could be wrong though it's been a couple of years.

Looks like Deception pass to me, east end of Hwy 20. I could be wrong though it's been a couple of years.

Congrats Tyke, you're the winner of a cold beer at the Summer Summit meet! :biggrin:

Congrats Tyke, you're the winner of a cold beer at the Summer Summit meet! :biggrin:

Why do I have the feeling this phrase is going to get a lot of use...... :cool:

• Member Contributer

Whoo Hoo :laugh: :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Ventura bags and Bagster tankbag (it's blue because I lost my black one; the blue one usually went on my wife's blue Triumph TT600).

3725392377_537b409c96_o.jpg

Givi E41 side cases (I love 'em!), JC Whitney tail trunk (same as Givi E360 but 1/3 the price), Joe Rocket MantaXL magnetic tank bag. Across the back seat is my tent, a 9x12 canopy, camping stool, and mini-cooler. This was just a weekend trip, so the sleeping bag is in one of the side cases. I now have a black waterproof compression bag for the tent, canopy and stool, so it'll be easier to secure to the bike.

DSC00160.jpg

DSCF3718.jpg

I'm digging your setup...soon my son and I will be going camping and I need ideas for hauling the gear you have plus a passenger! Also, is the section of you lower painted black or is it a graphic (vinyl)?

Archived