Posing With Setup

Guest DarkKnight

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Man I look like crap in that photo. I guess thats what 30 hours without sleep looks like...yikes.

Dig that mohawk! :huh: Post one with the helmet on, please.

Man I look like crap in that photo. I guess thats what 30 hours without sleep looks like...yikes.

Dig that mohawk! :huh: Post one with the helmet on, please.

Don't have one with me wearing it, but I have something that might be better... :wheel:

n29610479_38750390_7744857.jpg

• Member Contributer
img1243735904022.jpg

img1240612833236.jpg

img1230981846248.jpg

n29610479_38750384_5517154.jpg

n29610479_38750385_6472251.jpg

It might be the crystal meth that's doing that to you. Your eyes looked glazed even through the sunglasses. (J/K)

Pardon the low-res. iPhone pics...by the way, anyone know where I can get my hands on a set of clear lenses for the Tail Light and Turn Signals?? Price??

gallery_17013_4638_319583.jpg

IMG_0735_edited.JPG

gallery_17013_4638_334660.jpg

IMG_0717_edited.JPG

• Member Contributer

gallery_1977_1218_319255.jpg

Lolo pass And of course we've all seen this sign before

gallery_1977_1218_325014.jpg

Paul Bunyan & Blue Must have been cold for the poor bull.

• Member Contributer

gallery_581_512_554699.jpg

Bailey Harbor - Lake Michigan '08

A bit of a combo luggage deal but I wanted something completely waterproof and lockable for my electronic gadgets.

- and yes, the Dunlop IS mounted backward. I picked up new tires right before the trip and didn't catch it until too late. I did get a new free set upon my return to Colorado. Still not sure if that falls under "Cheers" or "Jeers" for my local dealership...gallery_581_512_665981.jpg

25k @ Peninsula State Park, WI

Thanks for participating, fellas! Seems like I always see hard luggage and kinda feel, you know, low rent cause I have the soft stuff...I.. I feel a tear forming...Keep the pics coming!!! ...Meanwhile, the kids and myself will get back to motorcycle racing...

helmetkids.jpg

Pardon the low-res. iPhone pics...by the way, anyone know where I can get my hands on a set of clear lenses for the Tail Light and Turn Signals?? Price??

gallery_17013_4638_319583.jpg

IMG_0735_edited.JPG

Your bike looks excellent in this pic...my son told me I should have painted my bike black the day I brought it home...

• Member Contributer
Seems like I always see hard luggage and kinda feel, you know, low rent cause I have the soft stuff.

Low rent? Hah, I got your low rent right here: $12 walmart bevager cooler rear bag, waterproof of course that can double as a, well....., beverage cooler at the hotel/campground. :fing02:

PecosRiver.jpg

and here:

loadedup.jpg

Now, I came across a discount bag posted here on the forum but haven't used it yet (just sitting on the bike for the pic). If I could have found that walmart bag in black I probably wouldn't have sprung for this one.

tankandtail.jpg

• Member Contributer

May I ask some input of some of yall about the soft luggage shown so far? I have always wondered if soft saddle bags or tail bags would rub the fairing paint due to the way it hooks on the bike..do your systems use tie down? Bungee? Passenger grab handles? I have thought about gettin bags for my 4th but I am concerned on how well some of these would work on my bike with minimal paint surface rubbing. Sorry for the somewhat thread jack but no one has really talked details about some of these systems. Once the best soft tail and saddle bags out there?

Thanks

Vince (97VFR750)

• Member Contributer
I have always wondered if soft saddle bags or tail bags would rub the fairing paint due to the way it hooks on the bike..do your systems use tie down? Bungee? Passenger grab handles?

For the day: Saranwrap or similar clingy type stuff. For a trip, clear or color matched tape at the contact points. :fing02:

May I ask some input of some of yall about the soft luggage shown so far? I have always wondered if soft saddle bags or tail bags would rub the fairing paint due to the way it hooks on the bike..do your systems use tie down? Bungee? Passenger grab handles? I have thought about gettin bags for my 4th but I am concerned on how well some of these would work on my bike with minimal paint surface rubbing. Sorry for the somewhat thread jack but no one has really talked details about some of these systems. Once the best soft tail and saddle bags out there?

Thanks

Vince (97VFR750)

Mine have a pad made out of what I can only describe as neoprene that sits between the saddle bags and the fairing. The bottom of the tailbag is made from the stuff. It's rubbery and soft, and it's REALLY hard to slide along the fairing. The bags are held on by straps with sewn in loops that you loop around whatever you can and pull tight. The ones on the front of the bags work quite well, but I find that theres nothing for the rear. Not a huge problem in my eyes, they just slide forward about an inch if I have to pound the brakes too hard. They're as cheap as I could find, costing less than $100 for both saddlebags and the tail bag, and they do their job quite well. Getting them off is easy too, just undo 4 clips, grab the handle on the tail bag and pull, it all comes off as 1 piece (but doesn't have to be that way.)

• Member Contributer

Thanks

Vince (97VFR750)

Scroll back up and take a peek at my saddle bag straps. On the top pic, (click on the black bar and then again on the photo that pops up to supersize the photos!)you can just barely see the rear strap that comes around the back, top side of my rear fender above the license plate. That one keeps it from sliding forward. Now take a look at the lower photo. You can see the front straps hook to the passenger foot peg brackets and DO NOT interfere with the passenger's feet. They also have two straps that go over the top of the seat and according to my wife who has the most sensitive of tushes, the straps DO NOT interfere with her backside. NONE OF THE STRAPS CONTACT RED PAINT! The inner side of the bags is made out of a very soft material that has not damaged my paint. The soft tank bag as well as the saddle bags are from Wolfman, a local Colorado company.

- On longer trips, I will unbuckle the straps that go to the passenger footpeg brackets and wipe the painted surface underneath the saddlebag with a damp cloth once per day just as a precautionary step in case any dust/debris has worked it's way in between the bags and the paint.

• Member Contributer

Darknight; what model Cargo bags & pipe do you have? Have you ever had a problem w/ the heat from the pipe damaging the bag? I have a high pipe (Micron) and I have always been afraid to use soft bags out of fear for burring the right bag.

The Cargo bags look good, BTW. I have some Cargo gear fror my Ducati M620 and have been impressed w/ the quality to price ratio.

Thanks

filterfool

• Member Contributer
TheSouth2007022.jpg

Wow! Where is this turn exactly Chev?

Little River Canyon Road, Alabama. IIRC. At least it looks just like a section of that road.

Its in alabama and runs along the top of Little River Canyon. A very fun twisty road. At the end turn right, go across bridge, turn right into parking lot. Get off bike, strip down to swimming gear and jump off the water falls... or if the DNR is there, climb down to the pool and jump off the rocks that are sticking up in the middle! lol.

Darknight; what model Cargo bags & pipe do you have? Have you ever had a problem w/ the heat from the pipe damaging the bag? I have a high pipe (Micron) and I have always been afraid to use soft bags out of fear for burring the right bag.

The Cargo bags look good, BTW. I have some Cargo gear fror my Ducati M620 and have been impressed w/ the quality to price ratio.

Thanks

filterfool

They are the Cargo Sport Panniers. I did have a small area of heat damage where the metal part of my carbon can (Micron Hi-carbon fiber) touched the trim on the pannier. I just used one of the neoprene-type insulators that came with the bags for protection of plastic when using the supplied bungy cords and some two-sided tape. The carbon fiber barely gets too hot to touch. Since I used the hi pipe, (i also have the stock pipe) the bag on the left side kinda hangs in without anything to keep it perpendicular to the plastic. So i used a 8" piece of 3/4 pvc and mounted in on to the inner side of my rear fender so that it sticks out on the left side as much as the muffler does on the right. I keeps my bags in check. Don't think i had it mounted in these pics, however. If you have the aluminum can, see if you can get some neoprene to mount on the contact side of the bag. Thanks for the compliment; the bags work well and for the money, are hard to beat. They are full featured, heat RESISTANT and water RESISTANT. They do come with plastic covers.

Archived