Who's Got A Cortech Tailbag On A 6th Gen?

Guest XLR8

And how did you mount it?

I was considering a luggage locker elite seat sak but it's a 3 week wait.

love mine...it sits on the pillion seat with the bungees wrapped and secured around the passenger handles.

I have a Sargent seat that has a small storage compartment under it and I just connect the hooks together in the box and close the door.

Others have just removed the hooks and tied the ends together and then just slip it over a stock seat! Great bags and I have never used a tank bag again! :wheel:

3-2-08cliftonride034.jpg

One more question.

It stays on snug then? And the bungies don't cut into the seat...too much?

I had one of these bags before when I had a FZ1 and it seemed plenty roomy. Cortech also has a larger one but I don't know if I need that much.

• Member Contributer

I ditched the hooks and knotted the ends together with the knots a little offset so they didn't hit the center spar on the frame or the latch. I've used mine on several 4 day trips in the twisties and it has never been any trouble including no marks on the seat. You'd also be surprised how much beer it will hold if you take the cans out of the box. :biggrin:

gallery_2975_3734_30959.jpg

VFRD-6.jpg

One more question.

I had one of these bags before when I had a FZ1 and it seemed plenty roomy. Cortech also has a larger one but I don't know if I need that much.

Mine does not hook around the seat. I have hard bags now, mounts are not shown in the first photo I posted. The front hooks go on the hard bag mounts and the rear hooks go around the ends of the grab handles.

Here it is with hard bags on a tour. I also have a cargo net over it when I tour for it gives me a place to put my wet rain gear when I take it off or put my gloves when I stop.

81557561_Wk7Jw-S.jpg

I have a Sargent seat that has a small storage compartment under it and I just connect the hooks together in the box and close the door.

Others have just removed the hooks and tied the ends together and then just slip it over a stock seat! Great bags and I have never used a tank bag again! :biggrin:

I followed Bailey's lead on this one, love the bag! We also both put zip ties through the loops on the back of the bag, around the grab handles on the bike to keep the bag fro mmoving forward.

Another option on any tailbag that you want to attach under the seat...... Take the bungee's off and replace with webbing..... Then sew(or have it done)lock tape (velcro)on the webbing........ Get creative!....... Monk

I took two small tie down straps (like you would use camping), ran them around the seat, and used those to secure it.

Tank_Bag_5_.jpg

Here is the post with more pic's if you’re interested LINK

Action

• Member Contributer
One more question.

Mine does not hook around the seat. I have hard bags now, mounts are not shown in the first photo I posted. The front hooks go on the hard bag mounts and the rear hooks go around the ends of the grab handles.

I do the same thing. I use the hard bag brackets in the rear and the grab handles up front as a mounting point. I also run the strap under the seat.

Does it stay snug? Yes and no. I have the ridiculously large Cortech tail bag, it's bigger than most duffel bags and it's tall. So the bottom does stay snug, but because it's so tall it kind of tips to and fro and feels like it's moving around. But it is secure.

• Member Contributer

Others have just removed the hooks and tied the ends together and then just slip it over a stock seat! Great bags and I have never used a tank bag again! :biggrin:

I followed Bailey's lead on this one, love the bag! We also both put zip ties through the loops on the back of the bag, around the grab handles on the bike to keep the bag fro mmoving forward.

:cool:

Great setup thanks for the idea guys.

gallery_10687_3432_243385.jpg

100_2354.JPG

I just ran the bungee cords under the seat and connected them to each other. No movement, no problems.

• Member Contributer

I did not go the Cortech route but I did buy a Cycle Guys Fastpac @ New Enough and love it. It is not overly large but when not in use, it compresses into a very small package. Good luck, JD

I did not go the Cortech route but I did buy a Cycle Guys Fastpac @ New Enough and love it. It is not overly large but when not in use, it compresses into a very small package. Good luck, JD

Thx....I went to Cycle Guys Fastpac site..... what a great bag....... Monk

Anyone use one of these tailbags with the seat cowl on or must the cowl be removed? I don't have passenger pegs or the grab handles and I am looking for a good black tail bag. My other "issue" is that I have on staintunes and the fender is removed. Thanks for any feedback.

• Member Contributer
Anyone use one of these tailbags with the seat cowl on or must the cowl be removed? I don't have passenger pegs or the grab handles and I am looking for a good black tail bag. My other "issue" is that I have on staintunes and the fender is removed. Thanks for any feedback.

I believe most cortech tail bags have a nonslide pad on the bottom that works best with the cowl on.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will zip by Cycle Gear (not my favorite) and see if they have the Cortech. If not, New Enough carries them.

• Member Contributer
I believe most cortech tail bags have a nonslide pad on the bottom that works best with the cowl on.

NewEnough's page for the tail bag seen here offers a good view of the pad.

Does anyone have experience storing a laptop in there? I need to find a home on the road for my 17" MacBook.

• 2 years later...

I just did the strap solution with the snaps on top.

This way, I can easily remove the bag and take it with me without having to remove the seat.

Pics of the set up:

DSC03285.jpg

DSC03287.jpg

DSC03288.jpg

DSC03289.jpg

DSC03290.jpg

Others have just removed the hooks and tied the ends together and then just slip it over a stock seat! Great bags and I have never used a tank bag again! :cool:

3-2-08cliftonride034.jpg

I have that exact set up with givi bags on Lisa's 04. Lots of storage.

One more question.

No the bungies weaken over time and it will move around, i run two big bungies over top, But what else you gonna buy, its about the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived