Replacement Body Parts...not From Ebay

Tightwad

I found this site that has replacement body panel sets. No tank cover, which is a bummer:

http://www.nicecycle.com/Honda_VFR_800_Fairings_s/97.htm

here are some pictures...the black/purple flame kit is on clearance for $499, regular price is $779.. both prices include shipping

289-2T.jpg

293-2T.jpg

292-2T.jpg

They look like the same e-bay items.

In their FAQs they state that some of the Ebay sellers have actually taken and used their images.

I would bet money he is getting them from the same place Mr eBay does.. cost way to much to just make molds... And dude's not big enough to do them on their own...

Didn't many who bought these fairings already reported that they encountered major fitting/installation problems??

That's too bad, because it's still much cheaper than OEM.

Could make a good alternative for people looking for parts to repair their crashed bikes.

Beck

95 VFR

His prices are in line with whats available on Ebay when you concider the shipping costs from Japan. Too bad his kits don't include a tank cover like some of the kits. I like some of the kits but if you have to repaint the tank then it becomes that much more expensive. I thought someone had posted that they had ordered one of the kits from Japan. Either I missed the outcome or he never posted back.

Action

His prices are in line with whats available on Ebay when you concider the shipping costs from Japan. Too bad his kits don't include a tank cover like some of the kits. I like some of the kits but if you have to repaint the tank then it becomes that much more expensive. I thought someone had posted that they had ordered one of the kits from Japan. Either I missed the outcome or he never posted back.

Action

Japan?? I thought they were from Taiwan/Hong Kong or Thailand?? If they were from Japan, I would think that they would be more expensive.

Beck

95 VFR

They look like the Chinese kits on ebay to me. I was considering getting the black VFR set, but I took a close look at a coworker's CBR 600RR that has a Movistar set ( seen HERE ) and they do indeed have some significant fitment problems. His upper cowl couldn't be screwed to the tank at all the fitment was so bad, the trim clips on the bottom were hanging out because they didn't align properly, the front wheel plastic was pointed slightly to the left (making it look like the wheel was misaligned), one of the right side fairing screws couldn't be screwed in because of poor fitment.

On the plus side, all the plastics *seemed* to be OEM quality. If you were a few feet back so you couldn't see the fitment problems, the bike looked great, with nice paint and clearcoated decals.

It might be true that this guy isn't selling the same product as the Chinese ebay seller, but I really wouldn't be surprised if the same fitment problems exist. Hopefully someone here has bought them and can be more help...

Edit: Just noticed the exact same 600RR kit my coworker has is on that site. Very suspicious.

OK- I looked into this out of my own curiosity and read through a lot of moto forum threads reviewing this company in particular. It does seem the plastics themselves are made in and shipped from China, probably the exact same plastics you see on ebay shipped from Hong Kong. Every review I read mentioned fitment problems. Some were minor, like small gaps between the headlight and the upper cowl, and some were major, like just not fitting on the bike without serious "customizing."

Nicecycles does apparently paint the plastics they get themselves, and will do custom schemes at no extra charge. Some reviews were very happy with the quality, others noticed blemishes and poor paint work. Customer service wise is likewise hit or miss; a few people had no problem getting plastics broken during shipping replaced; another couldn't get a refund despite the fairings not fitting at all (which nicecycles justified by saying its an older bike).

So in short... buying from these guys seems like a roll of the dice. What you get will almost certainly be flawed somehow, but you won't find out how badly until it shows up at your door.

. Every review I read mentioned fitment problems. Some were minor, like small gaps between the headlight and the upper cowl, and some were major, like just not fitting on the bike without serious "customizing."

This is true for about 100% of all aftermarket bodywork including the high$$ race stuff. If your buying aftermarket BW then expect to make it fit.

• Member Contributer
. Every review I read mentioned fitment problems. Some were minor, like small gaps between the headlight and the upper cowl, and some were major, like just not fitting on the bike without serious "customizing."

This is true for about 100% of all aftermarket bodywork including the high$ race stuff. If your buying aftermarket BW then expect to make it fit.

Even OEM body work will have some fitment variance.

I had made a posting last week that I just purchased (about 15 days ago) a set of 5th Gen plastics from www.nicecycle.com and I hope to receive them by next week. When I spoke with Kyle the salesman he assured me that color and fitment shoudl be spot-on. Once I put them on my bike I will try to post pictures and write a report on my findings.

I think many will be interested! I know I will be...I can't afford a new bike, but I could swing for new body work, and have it look nice at least.

• Member Contributer

Notice how they are more than the ebay ones with the expensive shipping added and how they offer free shipping. I'm gonna go with that they are the same as the ebay ones.

• Member Contributer

I won't create a new topic, but I'm surprised not to be able to easily find a review any of this from someone here. The kids "look" good and the price is about right. Dead to me without a tank cover though, that's kinda mentally challenged....

• 6 months later...

Dear 'Wonderers':

I have received my kit and intend to give a full description of how they got to me and fitment etc. :angry:

I used Heymann Speedmotors from Shanghai and so far, so good.

From order to doorstep: Fourteen days. :blink:

Some very minor issues but instant reply. Suffice to say, the paint was much better than I had expected. :cool: This is also the person I am trying to arrange a group deal with, which he is agreeable with. So hold your breath and now that Port Dover is done with, :491: I'll be on to the next phase. :ohmy:

Greg :fing02:

Repsol.jpg

I have a friend that just 2 weeks ago did the repsol on his 98: He had some minor fitment problems, nothing major, and had to paint his tank to match. Very impressive paint and body quality is very good. He ordered his from ebay. He really had no complaints; he anticipated having to massage a couple things.

I have a friend that just 2 weeks ago did the repsol on his 98: He had some minor fitment problems, nothing major, and had to paint his tank to match. Very impressive paint and body quality is very good. He ordered his from ebay. He really had no complaints; he anticipated having to massage a couple things.

Can we get detailed pics and 411?

Dear 'Wonderers':

I have received my kit and intend to give a full description of how they got to me and fitment etc. :angry:

From order to doorstep: Fourteen days. :cool:

Some very minor issues but instant reply. Suffice to say, the paint was much better than I had expected. :491: This is also the person I am trying to arrange a group deal with, which he is agreeable with. So hold your breath and now that Port Dover is done with, :491: I'll be on to the next phase. :ohmy:

Repsol.jpg

So you got a kit with the color matched tank skin! Cool!!! :blink:

• Member Contributer

Dear 'Wonderers':

From order to doorstep: Fourteen days. :blink:

Some very minor issues but instant reply. Suffice to say, the paint was much better than I had expected. :cool: This is also the person I am trying to arrange a group deal with, which he is agreeable with. So hold your breath and now that Port Dover is done with, :491: I'll be on to the next phase. :ohmy:

Repsol.jpg

That Repsol kit looks pretty darn good.

It would be great for me, with my slightly dented tank - I am VERY interested in some close-up high-res shots of how that tank cover fits!!

• 1 year later...

Archived