Patches On Leather Jackets

Guest Pete McCrary

Guest Pete McCrary

Got a couple of patches I want to get on my jacket before TMAC. Namely, one with my name on it so y'all don't have to wonder who I am.

What's the best way to attach an embroidered patch to a jacket other than sewing? Every time I take in my jacket to a "seamstress" and ask for a patch to be sewn on, I get the "Leather way too thick, we no work on leather here". Imagine previous quote with a Korean accent.

• Member Contributer
Got a couple of patches I want to get on my jacket before TMAC. Namely, one with my name on it so y'all don't have to wonder who I am.

What's the best way to attach an embroidered patch to a jacket other than sewing? Every time I take in my jacket to a "seamstress" and ask for a patch to be sewn on, I get the "Leather way too thick, we no work on leather here". Imagine previous quote with a Korean accent.

See if you can find a good leather shop. If not try a tack shop. Tack shops often repair horse saddles and should be equipped to sew leather.

I learned to sew by putting patches on my leathers as a youngster. I wear a leather jacket at work and put on the patch and stripes myself. Give it a go.

No joke....Ask one of your local MC Outlaws....I found two Places around here that way.....Of course I had on my Navy hat....so they'd talk to me........Monk

• Member Contributer
I learned to sew by putting patches on my leathers as a youngster. I wear a leather jacket at work and put on the patch and stripes myself. Give it a go.

IT ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE NOW! This whole "flat black" thing is just an overcompensation for feminine tendencies (i.e. SEWING)! LOL

IT ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE NOW! This whole "flat black" thing is just an overcompensation for feminine tendencies (i.e. SEWING)! LOL

its true.............................

More like stabbing dead animals... :goofy:

Pete, also try an upholstery or awning shop. Any place that makes boat tops/canvas signs/awnings will have industrial sewing machines capable of handling leather.

its true.............................

I bet you have one tricked out bedazzler!

• Member Contributer

Your gonna laugh at this but here it goes. My kid is a Scout. He's always earning new merit badges and going up in rank. I don't sew and my wife is tired of it. At the local scout shop they sell something called "Badge Magic". It's a double sided self adhesive that can be cut to size and is made specifically for that. It does well in the washing machine as well. Check out the link. Just don't tell anyone that you got your patches from a scout shop. Your fingers will appreciate the lack of sewing. :goofy:

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDe...MK^8^01RTL&

Your gonna laugh at this but here it goes. My kid is a Scout. He's always earning new merit badges and going up in rank. I don't sew and my wife is tired of it. At the local scout shop they sell something called "Badge Magic". It's a double sided self adhesive that can be cut to size and is made specifically for that. It does well in the washing machine as well. Check out the link. Just don't tell anyone that you got your patches from a scout shop. Your fingers will appreciate the lack of sewing. :goofy:

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDe...MK^8^01RTL&

I think I'll get the Webelos kit.

• Member Contributer

You know, everybody here keeps telling me "Slick 50 works on this," and "Slick 50 works on that," and "Slick 50 is a miracle product." Well, BS! I tried to use it to adhere my badges to my jacket, but they just slipped right off! This Slick 50 crap is obviously way overrated, and I am totally disillusioned with the whole lot of you.

+1 on the shoe repair shop.

My guy does repairs to leather suits as well as shoes or boots. :fing02:

• Member Contributer
You know, everybody here keeps telling me "Slick 50 works on this," and "Slick 50 works on that," and "Slick 50 is a miracle product." Well, BS! I tried to use it to adhere my badges to my jacket, but they just slipped right off! This Slick 50 crap is obviously way overrated, and I am totally disillusioned with the whole lot of you.

:fing02: +1.gif :laugh:

I'm with ya.

Archived