Got To See Nicky Hayden & A Tour Of Jay Leno's Garage

• Member Contributer

med_gallery_2084_112_176232.jpg

Two weeks ago (01/23/09) I was fortunate enough to spend the morning getting a private tour of Jay Leno's garage(s) and spent the evening at a Grand Celebration at SoCal Ducati in Brea, CA. Nicky Hayden was there, spoke and signed autographs. Was about 10 feet from him (got a couple shots).

gallery_2084_112_176515.jpg

CA0109

gallery_2084_112_149265.jpg

CA0109

gallery_2084_112_91016.jpg

CA0109

Leno’s garage / hangers are impressive. Approx 75 cars, 90 motorcycles and memorabilia galore. A gourmet kitchen, complete shop (built in ground dyno, metal cutting machine using water jets 65,000 psi, you name it they had it). Muscle cars (an original 1970 Dodge Challenger 426 Hemi Convertible), Stanley Steamers, Corvettes (including a 2009 ZR1 serial #1), McLaren F1, MB SLR McLaren, Lamborghinis, Bugatti’s, Porsche’s, Lotus, Maserati, Jet bike, Vincent, Ducati’s (including a Desmosedici RR), Indians, Harley, Aprilla’s, BSA, Honda’s, ……….

That’s a picture of me out in front of the gate to Jay’s hangers. Also a picture of my friend Mike (he got us the hookup) and the guy that took us on the tour, in front of a couple of Bugatti’s.

gallery_2084_112_97716.jpg

CA0109

gallery_2084_112_374947.jpg

CA0109

Jay Leno's Garage link

Jay has the TOY’s!!!!!

We spent Thursday through Sunday in the Long Beach, Hunting Beach and Laguna beach area. On PCH 1 we must have seen 30-40 Lamborghinis’, 30-40 Ferraris, Bentleys, RR’s, Porches, Maserrities, Shelby Cobras, tons of nice motorcycles….

Saw a Ducati Desmosedici RR on display at the SoCal dealer and also saw one up close being ridden on PCH 1 in Laguna Beach.

gallery_2084_112_15345.jpg

CA0109

gallery_2084_112_52667.jpg

CA0109

California is Automobile and Motorcycle Nivara!!!!!!!

Oh, and yes there are some great roads and women to ride.

gallery_2084_112_99871.jpg

CA0109

gallery_2084_112_123830.jpg

CA0109

PS: Nicky and Jay said they might come to the VFRD 2009 Summit in CO. I'll keep you informed.

Later,

Ki-speed (Mark)

• Member Contributer

You lucky dog!!! I would have flipped out.....It's like taking a fat dude to a buffet and telling him he can't eat anything.

Regards,

Rollin

• Member Contributer

Last week I saw a low quality vid of Nicky from that same event. In it, he finally said mentioned "The Incident" with Pendejo. :3:

Getting to tour Leno's garage? WOW! Priceless. Gear head nirvana! :excl: :3:

• Member Contributer

I live less than two miles from there and see him about once every two weeks driving around town in one of his many eye catching rare cars, yet I have never been to his garage. You are a lucky dude. By the way, did you see my jet bike that he has in his garage. :3:

Awesome, but Nicky looks a little zombie d out in those shots! :laugh:

Upon further scrutineering, the lack of pupil color clearly indicates that Nicky is merely a Cyborg Fuel Map, programmed to look and act like a Human.... :ph34r: :ohmy:

N2.jpg

nicky.jpg

ADVANTAGE DUCATI: 1

OTHERS: NIL

• Member Contributer

I went down to Brea for the Ducati event as well which was kind of interesting, Nicky looks even younger in person I would have to guess he's about 12 years old :laugh: The free drinks and dessert was nice also but I'm not sure it was worth the ride down in the rain from Pasadena in Friday afternoon traffic :ohmy: . I stood in line and got a signed poster of Nicky which maybe someday will be worth the paper it's printed on if I don't lose it before then...

I wish I'd known there was another VFRD member there it would have been great to meet you Mark! Maybe next time.

And getting a tour of Jays garage is exceptionally cool, looks like you had a great time out here :ph34r:

• Member Contributer

I was fortunate enough to get a tour of Jay's garage myself a few of years ago. Went with a group from Meguiars when I was at their HQ for a seminar. Jay doesn't allow pics inside his garage so this is the only one I have from the day. I am the one with the shades :ohmy:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing...-meguiar-s.html

2AutopiaatJayLenos.jpg

• Member Contributer
California is Automobile and Motorcycle Nivara!!!!!!!

Oh, and yes there are some great roads and women to ride.

Ki-speed (Mark)

Yeah, try living here on an average salary. You'll change your mind pretty quickly ;-)

I'm half joking, California is a special place but wow anywhere worth living is just horrendously expensive. As in, you'll finally own your own place, when your parents pass on and you have an inheritance!

Yeah, try living here on an average salary. You'll change your mind pretty quickly ;-)

I'm half joking, California is a special place but wow anywhere worth living is just horrendously expensive. As in, you'll finally own your own place, when your parents pass on and you have an inheritance!

You just have to look at the places that aren't so hip and cool. :biggrin:

It's hot, it's cold, but The Valley is surrounded by good mountain and canyon roads.

Watch those prices decline, and hope to keep your job. If all the stars align, it might come within reach.

I'm hoping so anyway. :laugh:

If not you can move out to the des. It's not Detroit cheap, but... :goofy:

Archived