Anyone Good With Photoshopping?

tdchonda1

Question

• Member Contributer

Are you good at photoshopping? Well I am NOT. I have been looking and have not found a 4th gen that has frame, swing arm and forks powdered coated black (pegs,exhaust heat shield next to right peg) and might coat the wheels Red (if its to much Black). I would photoshop my pictures, but I'm not good with computers (heck, what am I good at?? :biggrin: ). Would you think it would look good? Cost a lot? Any help would be great.

gallery_15375_4187_169531.jpg

Picture 086.jpg

gallery_15375_4187_504662.jpg

Picture 081.jpg

25 answers to this question

• Member Contributer
I think your bike looks fantastic as is! :fing02: I would spend the money on good suspension mods first! :cool:

+1

(and take the rim strips off, it is making your wheels look small)

• Member Contributer

Maybe a black frame / forks would look good. Leave your wheels the way they are (black with the red strips).

Although the bike looks dam nice as is!

• Member Contributer
I think your bike looks fantastic as is! :laugh: I would spend the money on good suspension mods first! :huh:

Thanks for the input. I'll have to look into it. How much would it cost? (suspension mods) I'm new to street bikes and I'm no knee drager, but I do like to have a little fun in the mountains.

Thanks again. :blush:

• Member Contributer
I think your bike looks fantastic as is! :laugh: I would spend the money on good suspension mods first! :blush:

+1

(and take the rim strips off, it is making your wheels look small)

Thanks for your input, but I just put on the strips and I like em. But thanks for your opinion.

I think your bike looks fantastic as is! :laugh: I would spend the money on good suspension mods first! :huh:

Thanks for the input. I'll have to look into it. How much would it cost? (suspension mods) I'm new to street bikes and I'm no knee drager, but I do like to have a little fun in the mountains.

Thanks again. :blush:

That my friend is a beatiful example of a VFR.....keep as is...

• Member Contributer
Maybe a black frame / forks would look good. Leave your wheels the way they are (black with the red strips).

Although the bike looks dam nice as is!

Thanks. I do really enjoy it.

• Member Contributer

Boy am I glad I posted this question. I was wanting to keep her nice and different. I guess I should work on the suspension, but I don't know what I need to do. This is my first real bike so when I ride I think it feels OK, but "I guess I don't know what I don't know!" Any advice on what to do? I don't have a lot of $$$.

Thanks,

Travis

• Member Contributer

Depends on how far you want to go and spend, of course. Here's the order I'd pursue. It's basically easiest/cheapest to harder/expensive and I would also strongly take into consideration how long I would be keeping the bike.

1) Steel front brake lines and upgrade pads (hh)

2) correct fork springs

3) cbr shock

4) aftermarket shock

4) upgrade fork internals

6) upgrade forks and thus brakes

Yes, that is two #4's. I would try to do those at the same time.

BTW, I have seen a 5gen painted almost exactly as you described. It was on ebay a couple of years ago. It wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe someone saved a pic of it.

Honestly if this is your first bike and your not trying to push the twisty bits, id say just ride and gain some experience before you start mods...when you have the experience you'll know its time to upgrade the suspension...Buy some good gear if you havent already with the money you want to mod with, and if you have maybe the best mods to do first are for safety reasons such as braided brake lines...just my opinion ethier way enjoy!!!!

• Member Contributer

I just got out of my first day of photoshop,and the pic of the Charlotte group at Jonas ridge is my backdrop.As soon as I learn how to use the mac I'll blacken out the above.

It might be a way down the rode.

• Member Contributer
Depends on how far you want to go and spend, of course. Here's the order I'd pursue. It's basically easiest/cheapest to harder/expensive and I would also strongly take into consideration how long I would be keeping the bike.

1) Steel front brake lines and upgrade pads (hh)

2) correct fork springs

3) cbr shock

4) aftermarket shock

4) upgrade fork internals

6) upgrade forks and thus brakes

Yes, that is two #4's. I would try to do those at the same time.

BTW, I have seen a 5gen painted almost exactly as you described. It was on ebay a couple of years ago. It wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe someone saved a pic of it.

Thank you for your input. And by the way.. You have one BAD 4th gen!!! I'm jealous!!!

• Member Contributer

I enjoyed adding the gadgets and blacking out various bits on mine but I wish I had done like the others have mentioned and gone with suspension and brakes first.

Here ya go....

Blackened2.jpg

Blackened.jpg

• Member Contributer
I would sell it and buy a 6th gen. :unsure:

Ummmm, Sorry but not my thing. Its a GREAT bike and all, but I love the look and sound of a 4th gen. Thanks any way, unless you want to give me one. I will take Asphalt Black w/ carbon exhaust.

Thanks,

• Member Contributer
I enjoyed adding the gadgets and blacking out various bits on mine but I wish I had done like the others have mentioned and gone with suspension and brakes first.

Here ya go....

Blackened2.jpg

Blackened.jpg

WOW, your the man. I think that does look OK, but not good enough to do it. Thank you SOOOOO much for doing that. Like you and everyone else has said, I think I will go with suspension and brakes first.

I am so thankful for all your help!

• Member Contributer

EXCELLENT attention to detail especially around the VIN sticker on the right frame upper but................

FAIL.jpg

FAIL!!! :unsure:

Seriously, most folks (not a slam on you tcshonda1) don't realize how much effort is put into these requests. I don't do these requests because, truthfully, I suck at them.

• Member Contributer

Nice job on the photo chop. I think the 4th gen is the best candidate for the blacked out frame and swing arm since the is already a lot of black in the graphics scheme to begin with. Powder coating requires you completely dissassemble the bike, remove all the bearings from the swing arm. There is bead blasting involved before the powder coat is applied. My guess is $250 or more plus the work of re assembling, thread cleaning etc. Lot's of work.

New fork springs=80 Race tech goldvalves=133 fork oil=15 fork seals=30 bushing=50 Elka rear shock=800

Look into the CBR954 shock mod to save money. Just be ready to buy the correct spring for your weight and riding style to match you new fork springs. Don't go too stiff on the springs as you will enjoy the street riding you do 90% of the time all that much more. I just did all of the above and can pass along the connection who gets a great price break.

Just changing the fork oil and springs will help tons. I'd do the CBR shock mod if you want to save bucks and still get a better adjustable rear shock.

• Member Contributer
Nice job on the photo chop. I think the 4th gen is the best candidate for the blacked out frame and swing arm since the is already a lot of black in the graphics scheme to begin with. Powder coating requires you completely dissassemble the bike, remove all the bearings from the swing arm. There is bead blasting involved before the powder coat is applied. My guess is $250 or more plus the work of re assembling, thread cleaning etc. Lot's of work.

New fork springs=80 Race tech goldvalves=133 fork oil=15 fork seals=30 bushing=50 Elka rear shock=800

Look into the CBR954 shock mod to save money. Just be ready to buy the correct spring for your weight and riding style to match you new fork springs. Don't go too stiff on the springs as you will enjoy the street riding you do 90% of the time all that much more. I just did all of the above and can pass along the connection who gets a great price break.

Just changing the fork oil and springs will help tons. I'd do the CBR shock mod if you want to save bucks and still get a better adjustable rear shock.

Thanks for the reply. I was just trying to see if I would want to do the powder coating. It looks OK, but not the "WOW" I was wanting, so I'm going to pass. Now I need to get my 95 parts bike apart and get some parts sold so I can get started on the suspension and brakes.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the reply. I was just trying to see if I would want to do the powder coating. It looks OK, but not the "WOW" I was wanting, so I'm going to pass. Now I need to get my 95 parts bike apart and get some parts sold so I can get started on the suspension and brakes.

I think it's a pretty sweet looking bike with the frame and swingarm black. But that's probably because it's a pretty sweet looking bike to begin with!

For the amount of time and money it would take to powdercoat everything black (to take everything off the frame--yuck!)

The only visual mod I could think of would be taking off the chain guard and putting in a small custom bracket for the brake lines. IF you like that look.

Also, don't forget comfort mods. Lowering pegs, handlebar risers, different seat, taller windshield (if they make any of them for the fourth gen)

Or, change up the sprockets to make it peppier.

And, like they said, good safety gear is first priority.

Now that I've spent thousands of your dollars, I should probably mention that this website will easily and very quickly make you think that you need to spend twice what you paid for your bike in mods.

Truth is, that's a great bike that just needs to be ridden (with proper safety gear)!!!

--Ryan

• Member Contributer

Needs to be matte black to match the fairing and it might look a little better.I know this has been discussed but i've thought of doing this to my 6thG.I was leaning more towards paint though.I know PC will hold up good but will paint.Me thinks the forks and swingarm would not pass the test of time.

Archived