I Finally Made It Out Of The House!

• Member Contributer

After two months of homeownership in North GA, I finally made it out today. I've been working on the house and will be for the next several months, but I broke down and went for a nice long ride today.

I headed up 129 (right down the street from my house to Blood Mountain and did a lot of riding/hanging out.

Blood Mountain is fantastic. I finally scrapped a peg....... and got to meet a GSP trooper in a bad way...... booooo.

The trooper was nice enough...... wam bam thank you for the peice of paper. :dry:

Ohh well, I enjoyed the ride a ton....... now back to work on the house. I have family coming to visit in November........ :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Chev take it from a long time homeowner, save the projects for bad weather. On beautiful days get out and ride, the projects will still be there when you get back. And congratulations on the new house.

OOHH no, Was the GSP sitting by the truck runoff ramp ?

Learn the area and habits before you start railing it. The whole area can be a mudda with LEO at times due to its popularity..

Glad you got out to ride.. Were gonna have to meet up some time..

jus ton the north side of Blood mtn is wolf pen gap rd (fun) on the other end of this road is Ga60, Take it south and you can loop back to 129, Lots of fun.

Go check out riders hill, Bike shop cafe off ga60..

Hope the piece of paper the GSP gave you wasnt too rough..

• Member Contributer
Blood Mountain, fun, lots o tar snakes though. I caught a greasy one chasing Trace up it and my Road2's stepped out a bit on me at Tmac last year.

Actually, it's tar strip free. :fing02: I guess there is a stretch on GA-60 and 181 that is nasty, but 129 up Blood Mountian is tons of fun......... till you see the flashing blues.

The award is definately not the highest in mankind......... I did better when I was 18. It is a big shocker for me though. He said 68 in a 45, which seems fast since I had just come out of a corner and was coasting because of the long downhill straight till the next one when he came around the corner.... :unsure: I wish I was looking at my Garmin when I saw him. I would have had an argument :dry:

Congrats on the ride... sorry for the driving award.

129 up blood mountain is either my favorite road... or fighting in the top three! Depends on the day. I absolutely love it, but there are periods of higher enforcement that make it difficult to enjoy.

Try to get up there on a weekday, or even a long weekend Monday... it's normally clear and free of law enforcement... and more fun than anyone should have.

Do try to get to know the road a little before you go totally nuts. There are a couple of decreasing radius turns going up the south side that have caught many a rider out.... I know I've watched two bikes bin it there while I've been riding with them myself.

North GA 60 from Suches to Morganton is also an absolutely fantastic road... that first part from Dalonega that Miguel is talking about has some funky pavement (even though it too is a great road)... but keep going all the way up to Morganton and you'll see what I mean.

Michael

Great that you got out to ride. smile.gif Terrible that you earned an award while doing it. sad.gif

+1 on backonabike's comment. House projects will still be there when you get back from fun rides. Might even make doing all that work a little more bearable. :fing02:

• Member Contributer
Zack,

Remember one thing: The House Isn't going anywhere and the Riding Season Is! :idea3:

Yea, I probably will only get three weeks of riding time in during December and Janurary. Ha ha ha ha I live in Georgia :dry:

But, in November the parents, brother, and brother's family will be in town and the bathroom I have disassembled needs to go back together before they get into town. :fing02:

Anyone want to come over for a mud/sanding party? :unsure:

Nobody said life was going to be easy living in the hills..

Now when you wake up in january you have to make the most important decision you will ever make all day...

Work on the house n yard or GO RIDE 400 MILES OF NON STOP TWISTIES :dry:

Life is so hard living here..

Now you will also need a savings acct just for new tires :fing02:

You aren't that far from me... I'm over in Canton, but work in Duluth. Since you are north of Athens, I could come over to Athens and say hi to Ken, and then drop by to help you. Unfortunately, I am still on crutches until I see the ortho doc on Monday. After then (if he lets me graduate to a cane,) I could come help you if you still need it. Let me know....

• Member Contributer
You aren't that far from me... I'm over in Canton, but work in Duluth. Since you are north of Athens, I could come over to Athens and say hi to Ken, and then drop by to help you. Unfortunately, I am still on crutches until I see the ortho doc on Monday. After then (if he lets me graduate to a cane,) I could come help you if you still need it. Let me know....

Yea, remember how we never hooked up last summer on my way through? I'm a lot closer now. :biggrin:

Come on down to Xanadu whenever. I can always use some company as I sand, mud, sand, mud, sand, mud...... ohh you get the picture...... one of these days I'll get to paint. :fing02:

• Member Contributer
You be sure to let me know when you get to that point - I can watch paint dry better than just about anyone! :fing02:

You're on buddy!

• Member Contributer
Zack,

Remember one thing: The House Isn't going anywhere and the Riding Season Is! :cool:

Yea, I probably will only get three weeks of riding time in during December and Janurary. Ha ha ha ha I live in Georgia :laugh:

But, in November the parents, brother, and brother's family will be in town and the bathroom I have disassembled needs to go back together before they get into town. :biggrin:

Anyone want to come over for a mud/sanding party? :goofy:

Oh, so there is no end to riding season for you.... Now I don't feel so bad for you.... Don't you have some painting to do or something? :fing02:

• Member Contributer
Oh, so there is no end to riding season for you.... Now I don't feel so bad for you.... Don't you have some painting to do or something? :fing02:

Ohh the joke's on you. The first coat of mud went down in the bathroom last night, so I have sanding, mudding, sanding, mudding, and more sanding before I get to paint........ ohh I guess the jokes on me.

:biggrin:

I guess that's best, I grounded myself from the bikes for a week while I learn to slow the f down.

Archived