Oem Wheel Balance Weights

marid2apterbilt

Does anyone know if the Oem balance weights come as 1 single weight or are there several in a box...

Kinda pricey if just 1 weight per..

Part #'sWEIGHT, BALANCE (10)

42704-MCF-D60 $7.31</FONT>03WEIGHT, BALANCE (20)

42705-MCF-D60 $7.31</FONT>03WEIGHT, BALANCE (30)

42706-MCF-D60 $7.31</FONT>

"Snip"

this an't Wally World Sam! :blush:

Good thing too..

Would hate for the Bike to shrink when you wash it :beer:

Any one found a Similar cheap alternative to the Oem weights.. One's that pinch the center Rib?

• Member Contributer
"Snip"

this an't Wally World Sam! :beer:

Good thing too..

Would hate for the Bike to shrink when you wash it :beer:

Any one found a Similar cheap alternative to the Oem weights.. One's that pinch the center Rib?

Try stick on weights from Marc Parnes. No damage to the wheel.

:blush:

How would stick on weights damage your wheels? Even when you pull them off a little WD40 will pull the remaining glue right off. Never had an issue with stick-ons coming off as long as you clean the wheel with a non-oil based cleaner first.

• Member Contributer

I've built up an inventory of the OEM weights. When I take my wheels off and take them (and the tires I bought via internet - SW moto tire) to the Honda dealer for mount/balance, I always take the weights off first and let them put new weights on each time. I've even painted the weights I have black to match my rims (I'm anal). Then when I get the tire/wheel home I switch out the weights they put on, for the matching (same size / location) black weights. I then do touch up as needed the rims were the weights had previously been.

ki-speed (Mark)

I've built up an inventory of the OEM weights. When I take my wheels off and take them (and the tires I bought via internet - SW moto tire) to the Honda dealer for mount/balance, I always take the weights off first and let them put new weights on each time. I've even painted the weights I have black to match my rims (I'm anal). Then when I get the tire/wheel home I switch out the weights they put on, for the matching (same size / location) black weights. I then do touch up as needed the rims were the weights had previously been.

ki-speed (Mark)

Wow and to think I've changed my rear tire about 6 times since the last time I balanced it. I balanced my wheel about 2 years ago and haven't bothered since. Usually balance the front though, but have skipped out on that a time or two also. This being on my own bike of course, anyone elses bike I change tires on I do take the time to balance them. My weights are taped over on my VFR just as the track bikes are though.

• Member Contributer

I do stickies as well... Marc Parnes + balancer.. and the stickies are already black... D*** it!! I painted my wheels a rustic gold.. pffft...

The clip-ons will take paint off when clipped though.. why do that when the sticky comes off with no problem at all. I as well have had no problems with stickies coming off either.

I've been using stick on weights but prefer the clip ons just for the convenience.

I considered THESE but they are frickin' 25 to a box.

Yeh I much prefer clipons, than the sticky glue mess to remove

Plus those things are $3.50 a piece or more....

• Member Contributer

www.klsupply.com sells weights that clip on. You can download their catalog, and look on page 40. They also sell their weights in the Parts Unlimited catalog that most dealerships and websites sell from. If I remember correctly, they're around $4 each.

32-3984 (10g)

32-3985 (20g)

32-3986 (30g)

• Member Contributer

I balance every time I change tires. They are never that far off,maybe a gram or two. The glue cleans easy......mineral spirits works fine. Jason's correct with clean'em before you stick'em. :unsure: Never had 'em come off.

I balance every time I change tires. They are never that far off,maybe a gram or two. The glue cleans easy......mineral spirits works fine. Jason's correct with clean'em before you stick'em. :unsure: Never had 'em come off.

I balance mine too and they are over weighted every time on the automated balancers

• Member Contributer

wow weights are 7 dollars a pop hmmm guess i get good deal for a 10 dollar mount& balance if i take it off my self

wow weights are 7 dollars a pop hmmm guess i get good deal for a 10 dollar mount& balance if i take it off my self

clipons are reusable, all you need is a few different sizes, I'd never buy weight when they are free , just save the old ones

clipons are reusable, all you need is a few different sizes, I'd never buy weight when they are free , just save the old ones

Some Dealers will give you the stick ons free as they are rather cheap..

Thanks for the links to other places guys.. I will check them out..

Archived