Advfr

• Member Contributer

No photos, but we met one on Rich Mountain Road (gravel, dirt, branches, leaves) in the Smokies in 06. We were on the Ruckus scooters. I thought "better him than me".........slip, slidin' everywhere as we passed him....... :rolleyes:

The bike is stationary but I can guarantee you it wasn't easy getting here, due to a seriously weather-

corrugated track of loose gravel, uphill slope all the way. I gave up after about ten-minutes, didn't want

to risk a blow-out any further (tyres or suspension)... it was supposed to lead to an amazing gorge.

cimg0810by9.jpg

And this shot of a mate of mine's snow-edition VFR:

imagen49tm3.jpg

imagen51yf6.jpg

• Member Contributer

imagen49tm3.jpg

HA! Holy f#@k. LOL!

Seems there were a few pics of interest in another thread. Not sure of the name. Want to say it was, "Water riding", or something.

I haven't had the guts yet to try the bike in the snow yet...probably doesn't help i live a top of a pretty steep hill and i own an awd car that does just fine in the white stuff... :beer:

BUT, i usually do find some odd sightings when i depart from the blacktop.

A little into WV:

DSC03079.jpg

I was trying to get down by the river for a nice picture, so i kept taking different gravel backroads, a few of which ended up being more like trails that involved some cat/centerstand dragging... :o

The final result:

DSC03073.jpg

And i proudly display my ADV sticker on my dirty bike:

DSC03378.jpg

• Member Contributer

Only gravel roads I ever had the VFR on were on top of Monteagle Mountain and they are all flat and hard-packed....Rattlesnake Road(trail) probably being the worst. No problems.....some downhills mighta' made it a little more "interesting".....was always worried about "plastic replacement".............. :beer:

Anyone have shots of off-pavement VFR riding? I suppose snow would qualify. Found this one on ADVrider.

12-8Ride114.jpg

Oh that poor bike. I got the pressure washer ready.

gallery_5310_933_8754.jpg

Taking a shortcut.

Although I have set the preferences of my GPS to avoid dirt roads, due to map errors a route is sometimes plotted over dirt roads. The Viffer handles them very well.

Some soapy water & elbow grease takes care of the rest.

dirtyfz6.th.jpg coupleminuteslateree4.th.jpg

imagen49tm3.jpg

HA! Holy f#@k. LOL!

Seems there were a few pics of interest in another thread. Not sure of the name. Want to say it was, "Water riding", or something.

Yeah, I freak out everytime I see his photos, and to think this guy is about 150 cm tall, max, maybe less...

which obliges h to get off the bike to do any manouevring in tight spaces. Thing is he's all muscle...

cimg1101mp5.jpg

I have taken the vfr on a gravel road and it was amazingly quit stable. Every rock that I heard hit the bike made me cringe though.

• Member Contributer

Went up to Park City a couple of years ago and up in the mountains whilst trying to get to Heber city ran into this little gem, doesn't look bad in pics and it really wasn't horrible except for the washboard areas, slippery rough corners and hail we encountered. Was a great trip all in all.gallery_9166_2140_205858.jpg

IMG_1959.JPG

gallery_9166_2140_83661.jpg

IMG_1954.JPG

gallery_9166_2140_178798.jpg

IMG_1958.JPG

gallery_9166_2140_99106.jpg

IMG_1953.JPG

• Member Contributer
Cool pics! Lucy and I will stick to the pavement though! :P

Nice new ride there Nicole....."howzit" handle.............. :P

A week or so ago.....

2113765590_f5c8f0d9be_o.jpg

2112986219_e10a26f934_o.jpg

Within a week of bringing her home new.... The inside of the wheels tell the whole story, I did about 3.5 miles of gravel on that ride.

773201775_1c73b413b3_o.jpg

My next bike is definitly a GS with all the bags. Then the VFR can stay on the pavement on Saturday and Sunday morning cloverleaf and roundabout rides.

• Member Contributer

You would think with my screen name I would be all over it.. but I don't think so. That what my Willys Jeep is for and my Dual-Sport( aka Dirt Bike with a weight problem)

:P

• Member Contributer

I already crashed!! :lol: Luckily I didn't tear it up, my son would have been mad!! The sweatshirt protected me from road rash tthough! Good gear is a must when involved in a rollover!! +1.gif

• Member Contributer

I already crashed!! :lol: Luckily I didn't tear it up, my son would have been mad!! The sweatshirt protected me from road rash tthough! Good gear is a must when involved in a rollover!! +1.gif

They also have "Barbie" bicycle helmets in "hot pink girlie colors"......might wanna invest one........ :P ....Yeah, I know, you "still" need one of those "tongue sticking out smilies" to respond to my posts........... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

They also have "Barbie" bicycle helmets in "hot pink girlie colors"......might wanna invest one........ :P ....Yeah, I know, you "still" need one of those "tongue sticking out smilies" to respond to my posts........... :goofy:

YES I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, I DID have barbies growing up!! However my barbies rode horses and Ken was only allowed to come visit the dream house!! :lol:

Archived