Riding Boots

VFRMINNESOTA

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a set of Tecknic Lightenings that I love, real comfy to ride in, but pretty narrow but so are my feet so they fit well for me. Waterproof and match he rest of my Tecknic gear.

S88-1873.jpg

I also have a set of pimped out Vega Nitro Sports that I wear as my everyday riding shoes. They are real comfortable to walk around in so when I'm riding somewhere to spend the day there then ride back and I know I'm going to do a lot of walking, I wear these, which is most of the time. They are really cheap, like $70 or so, wear out quick, I go through a set a year probably. Only waterproof when its not raining. I like them for the purpose I use them for.

Ssport_boot.jpg

• Member Contributer
SIDI Vertigo Corsa Air..... They're very comfortable, great protection and they keep the feet cool out here in desert country (Las Vegas)....

On a hot day, you can actually feel the cooler air flowing into the boot when you are riding -- they are a great summer boot.

• Member Contributer

I haven't seen this brand mentioned here, I researched for a long time and finaly came up with these.

I just bought a pair of Vendramini VR700 Steel Race, looks like a tank could roll over my ankle and I would be ok. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

I have the Oxtar boots.

I like the fit, made in italy, cheaper than Sidi, but same quality build.

I love Sidi in general, i have two pair of there cycling shoes, and I will buy more in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a pair of Oxtar Matrix boots also and can give them a big :thumbsup: like the rest of you guys. They are reasonably priced, comfortable, and supremely waterproof.

Another pair that I like even better are my Held Highlanders 8620_01.jpg

They are actually more comfortable than the Oxtars and also waterproof but are alot more money and next to impossible to find. I ended up getting them directly through Helds US rep.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chuck k

I picked up a pair of Joe Rocket Super street boots on Monday. They are comfortable and very stylist. I had them on around the house because the weather have not broken yet :pissed: . They are $180.00. 1733_16229.jpg

• Member Contributer

I have a pair of Cortech boots - it says 'Solution' on the inside. They are waterproof (and they really are) and are the most comfortable pair of boots I have, including my non-riding boots.. They are solid black and look like the Oxtar boots pictured. I wish I'd bought 2 pair! They fit under my khakis if I choose to wear them at work.

• Member Contributer

Hi I want to buy my first set of riding boots and the two choices that I seem to like are Alpinestars and Sidi boots. I like to more mundane type of boots so I do not have to change my foot wear if I want to do some thing else when riding. What brand would you suggest and I am open of any other types of boots

Definately check out the Aerostich Combat boots. They are the best all around boots I have owned. They are produced by Sidi specifically for Aerostich. Not much on styling, but I can wear them all day and be comfortable and safe.

Good luck.

T

I have a pair of Cortech boots - it says 'Solution' on the inside. They are waterproof (and they really are) and are the most comfortable pair of boots I have, including my non-riding boots.. They are solid black and look like the Oxtar boots pictured. I wish I'd bought 2 pair! They fit under my khakis if I choose to wear them at work.

My son buoght those, then his girlfriend tried them on and fell in love with them , so he bought her a set for Valentines Day. They are really supple leather and comfortable. www.newenough.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I have a pair of Oxtar's (Matrix I think) from about 3 years ago and also a pair of Cruiserworks boots (look kind of like combat boots). I wear the Cruiserworks when I commute to work (4 days this week) as they aren't very noticeable with dress slacks and I then don't have to change shoes. I wear the Oxtar's on weekends, holidays or after work rides because I think they offer a little better protection. My wife has ridden her bike to work 2 times in the last 2 years, but she wears her Cruiserworks to work at least 2-3 days a week (Yeah, my wife wears "combat" boots :unsure: ). They are very comfortable, have kevlar lining in the shaft area, heel & toe cups. Probably not the "best" protection, but they are better than K-mart work boots, comfy, and don't attract a lot of attention when worn with dress clothing.

4 or 5 year old AStar SMX boots been good to me.

Brand new Z Custom Leather custom fit boots have seen 2 good rides, and so far are heaven for my feet. :thumbsup:

My new Oxtar TCS Evo boots just came in the other day, size 48 and still a little tight around the mid section, but plenty of toe length, so I'm hoping they break in a little...

Hi, while you guys are talking boots... Would anyone be kind enough to give me an idea what these might be worth at auction? Teknic Chicane II size 9, never used. I think I bought 'em way back when because of the flat sole since I just can't seem to deal with a heel while riding. Unfortunately, this type of boot isn't good for me either. Thanks!

Stock 2004 Interceptor ABS (Asphalt)

DSC00351.JPG

• Member Contributer
Hi, while you guys are talking boots... Would anyone be kind enough to give me an idea what these might be worth at auction? Teknic Chicane II size 9, never used. I think I bought 'em way back when because of the flat sole since I just can't seem to deal with a heel while riding. Unfortunately, this type of boot isn't good for me either. Thanks!

Stock 2004 Interceptor ABS (Asphalt)

DSC00351.JPG

I've never sold any gear but I've bought tons of used gear. Most folks seem to ask half of what they paid for it. Less if the gear is worn, or dirty. My 2 cents!!

I ordered a pair of these Setup Visions a few days ago, seem like a pretty good value at $129. I'll post an update when they get here.

http://motonation.com/

visionbluejl7.th.jpg

Yeah, I wanna know how these feel - I'm probably going to get a set of black ones for this season's street and track days! Where did you order them and did you get free shipping?

• Member Contributer

Default.jpg?1165519473

SIDI Strada EVO Air

These boots have a great feel for the controls, and they are extremely comfortable/cool.

• Member Contributer
4 or 5 year old AStar SMX boots been good to me. :thumbsup:

Me too. Comfortable and crash well. The finish at the top of the boot has just disintegrated. Each time I pull the boots on its like my hands are covered in a black tar like substance. I took some sandpaper and scrubbed as much off as possible, giving a sort of cheap ass suede look. I keep them in a closet that I just repainted and maybe it was the paint fumes that reacted with the finish. I should have bought another pair when they were being knocked out cheap on closeout. I might go with the SMX-R's next if they fit as well as my SMX's

I love my Sidi B-One's. I've ridden in 30 degree weather and 100 degree weather. My feet were cool when it was warm, and warm when it was cool (thicker sock though). There are better boots out there for hot weather though. Price was right at about 200. They have great protection with replaceable armor drag points and excellent ankle support. Wore them for one lowside, barely a scratch on them... still wearing them.

Archived