Pnw Vfrd Meet II

So a free beer or two at next year's meet for the first person to post up 'idiot-proof' instructions on how to add that little sucker to my signature. :goofy:

here they are - go into your signature, click the little icon for the image (the one with a tree), when the pop-up window opens asking for the path to the image paste in this code (no quotes)

"www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/style_emoticons/oldemoticons/pnwmeet.gif"

add "http://" in front of the text above, for some reason the forum software truncates the URL and shortens it.

bob's your uncle!

next year i'll rent a sport photography VR lense for the trip - like a 300 mm lens, then we'll get some fantastic photos.

these ones were with a short lens, next year the telephoto and we'll be able to see the hairs inside your nose. wink.gif

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
here they are - go into your signature, click the little icon for the image (the one with a tree), when the pop-up window opens asking for the path to the image paste in this code (no quotes)

add "http://" in front of the text above, for some reason the forum software truncates the URL and shortens it.

bob's your uncle!

next year i'll rent a sport photography VR lense for the trip - like a 300 mm lens, then we'll get some fantastic photos.

these ones were with a short lens, next year the telephoto and we'll be able to see the hairs inside your nose. wink.gif

Thanks Mike - 2 beers for the funkmeister :thumbsup: . You may have to reminder me re: the beers though - the only thing worse than my computer skills is my memory.

Note to self: trim nose hairs in case Mike brings the telephoto lens.

• Member Contributer

I know I,m way late in posting .....but I sure had a wonderful time. Seems like we waited so long for this to come up...then it was over in a second!!! sad.gif I have so many good memories that I can fall back to, for many years. There were so many high lites for me........I just really got off on the couples rideing two up and how the girls have REALLY gotten into the whole thing!!! Both Sara and Beth diggin into the courners and RIDEING....not just being a passenger. And most improved rider HAS to be snow girl.......shes turning into a real scooter Of the pictures and movies I shot, Lonie and Alan with their patrners,were showing the best form of anyone. Another great moment was seeing Ezzra( Kieths puppy) go from the end of the drive way to mid garage in the blink of an eye to catch a chunk of salmon before it hit the deck! That dog ate GOOD that night!!! Another great moment was watchin moto gp movies with Fallzboater while Jon, keith and the guy from Seattle snored.......sounded kinda like an in line four catching gears :P One thing that was talked about was name tags. I didnt like the sound of that at all.......whats next???? Elk antlers to wear on our helmets? :deer: now I wish we would have done something like that....I simply can not put names to faces and I dont want to lose track of anyone. Just could not ask for a better bunch. I wish I could ride with each of you induvuidaly.Maybe some sort of photo log???? I sure am glad telaskier started the PNW run, we can keep it going for ever! Kieth just did a super job of all this and he should proud of makeing a difference in so many folks lives.

• Member Contributer

add "http://" in front of the text above, for some reason the forum software truncates the URL and shortens it

Dude, you gave it away! I thought it was supposed to be some sort of YSATI test. (I found it by right-click, Properties. View, Source is also a good trick.)

Rich, I had a blast riding back to Albany with you. Your bike just about ruined me for the VFR, though. It seems that there's no one perfect bike, but we can sure have fun trying to find it!

• Member Contributer
Ya David...rideing home was pretty nice.....that was a good little side trail....YES??? Whats up fro the weekend?

Very busy this weekend (water heater install, wedding, crevasse rescue course on Rainier), but I think I'm going to zip up to Stevenson and see if I can hop on some demo bikes at Sportbike Northwest. See other thread.

• Member Contributer

ATTENTION ALL PNW MEET 2006 ATTENDIES

I am in the process of putting together and burning off a disc for all those who attended,

including the video shot of the drive by. I would like to include various pictures from

everyone else, especially superfunk's corner shots.

I would ask, in the spirit of getting it done, that any and everyone who attended,

go through your personal images from the weekend and email me direct with 2 or 3 of the

best of the bunch by the end of next week (Sept. 02 deadline).

Also, I would ask that if you attended the event, and would like to receive (or know of someone

who would) a copy of this disc, please email me direct with your;

real name

online name

mailing address

direct email address

my direct address is

tonybonin@telus.net

Again, I want to get this going, so if you miss the deadline for getting your images in, sorry.

Cheers,

didit

• Member Contributer

Man I wish I could have been there! It must have been great to see so many VFR's and owners all in one place.

Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until next year. Keep the pictures coming! :beer:

• Member Contributer
ATTENTION ALL PNW MEET 2006 ATTENDIES

I am in the process of putting together and burning off a disc for all those who attended,

including the video shot of the drive by. I would like to include various pictures from

everyone else, especially superfunk's corner shots.

I would ask, in the spirit of getting it done, that any and everyone who attended,

go through your personal images from the weekend and email me direct with 2 or 3 of the

best of the bunch by the end of next week (Sept. 02 deadline).

Also, I would ask that if you attended the event, and would like to receive (or know of someone

who would) a copy of this disc, please email me direct with your;

real name

online name

mailing address

direct email address

my direct address is

tonybonin@telus.net

Again, I want to get this going, so if you miss the deadline for getting your images in, sorry.

Cheers,

didit

Great idea, Tony. E-mail sent.

• Member Contributer
Great idea, Tony. E-mail sent.

Yep, e-mail sent too.

Thanks a bunch Tony,

The other Tony.

• Member Contributer

Super post, Tim and Claudia! Those are some fabulous photos, thanks for sharing them. I'm with Loni, that was just the ticket for blowing away the blues.

It was great to see pictures of all of us together again, with Rich in there amongst us. I'm looking forward to seeing you two, and all of the rest of us, again next year.

Keith

• 8 months later...
  • Member Contributer

This is a repost of my ride report for last years PNW VFR meet. The original post was somehow lost, but here it is again. For those of you that came there are some great memories here. For those of you who are thinking of coming this year, check out the fun we had! This post was, and is again dedicated to Rich. I used an outside host as to not hog the VFRD site bandwidth.

Here's a picture of the start for me and Claudia gassing up the VFR for a two up adventure.

PNWVFRDMeetII_001.jpg

Then we headed North and took a snack break at Richardson Grove State Park

PNWVFRDMeetII_003.jpg

Here's Claudia with a big smile already.

PNWVFRDMeetII_002.jpg

From there we made a b line straight up to Eureka to meet with Teleskier (Mike) and Snowgirl (Kelly).

I put the VFR to sleep chained to a pole in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express (I'm sure they loved that sidewalk parking job I did).

PNWVFRDMeetII_004.jpg

Mike and Kelly were so kind as to pick us up and take us out to dinner. After riding so many miles, it was greatly appreciated. They took us to a great Mexican place. It was fun to meet and hear stories of the meet they recently hosted. The next day we met up at Kelly's house. Here are the bikes out in front.

PNWVFRDMeetII_005.jpg

and the riders with the bikes.

PNWVFRDMeetII_006.jpg

Then we hit the road and headed North together.

PNWVFRDMeetII_007.jpg

At one of our stops we spied some old school two wheeled contraptions.

PNWVFRDMeetII_008.jpg

We headed out again and eventually stopped along the coast. So beautiful.

PNWVFRDMeetII_009.jpg

We decided to stay at a B&B in Coos Bay called the Old Tower House. The place had a nice "vibe" to it.

PNWVFRDMeetII_014.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_013.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_010.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_011.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_012.jpg

It even had a special color coordinated VFR parking area.

PNWVFRDMeetII_015.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_016.jpg

In the morning we continued on our way. Highway 101 along the coast has lots of beautiful bridges.

PNWVFRDMeetII_017.jpg

Here's a pic Mike that Claudia snapped from the back of the bike. One of her first photos while in motion.

PNWVFRDMeetII_018.jpg

And one of Kelly.

PNWVFRDMeetII_019.jpg

We stopped near the entrance to the Dunes and snapped this pic. A beautiful setting.

PNWVFRDMeetII_020.jpg

At our next stop, Mike was getting friendly with the wildlife.

PNWVFRDMeetII_021.jpg

Mike and Kelly were feeling good.

PNWVFRDMeetII_022.jpg

Claudia and I were too.

PNWVFRDMeetII_023.jpg

Another picture of a cool bridge along the way, snapped in motion by Claudia from the back of the bike.

PNWVFRDMeetII_024.jpg

After checking in at our hotels we headed to Kieths house. Here is a picture of the early arrivals. It was so exciting to see the VFRs all around. I had no clue there would be so many more to come.

PNWVFRDMeetII_025.jpg

There was a nice Pearl white 86 VFR700.

PNWVFRDMeetII_026.jpg

There were VFRs arriving by the minute. Many places were represented.

Among them was was California. Mikes plate kind of stood tall among those.

PNWVFRDMeetII_027.jpg

and the there was this great one from Washington.

PNWVFRDMeetII_028.jpg

They came from all over. Places like B.C.

PNWVFRDMeetII_030.jpg

Oregon

PNWVFRDMeetII_031.jpg

Nevada

PNWVFRDMeetII_032.jpg

and Alberta

PNWVFRDMeetII_033.jpg

Here is a pic of a great looking exhaust. Nice bumper sticker too.

PNWVFRDMeetII_029.jpg

And a VFR that just came from a paintball battle. The paintballs lost. Sadly it was actually butterflies that lost. Just bad timing that's all.

PNWVFRDMeetII_034.jpg

The sea of VFRs grew and grew.......

PNWVFRDMeetII_035.jpg

Guess what color VFR this chain was on.....

PNWVFRDMeetII_037.jpg

Kieth manned the grill with expertise.

PNWVFRDMeetII_038.jpg

and here is a shot of "Camp Kieth" (the backyard).

PNWVFRDMeetII_039.jpg

Here is a shot of the driveway of Kieths house a while later. So cool!!

PNWVFRDMeetII_036.jpg

After a good nights sleep we met for brekfast and then headed out for a group ride. It was really amazing to look back and see so many VFRs!!!! Check it out. That pic was from the middle of the group too!

PNWVFRDMeetII_040.jpg

Then the fun begins. Here's a short vid of me playing follow the leader. This was Tim up ahead. He was making me work for the privilege of seeing his back tire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkdAtK__WIM

and another chase scene over the river and throughout the woods.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMI0nF4jIeM

And then we stopped for a short while here.

PNWVFRDMeetII_043.jpg

After a rest we decided to go wine tasting. Wine tasting???? and motorcycles???? I know, but everyone was well behaved and showed a great deal of self control only having the tiniest sips of wine.

The herd of VFRs

PNWVFRDMeetII_044.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_045.jpg

That nice white one again.....

PNWVFRDMeetII_046.jpg

The vineyard.

PNWVFRDMeetII_047.jpg

and some grapes!!

PNWVFRDMeetII_048.jpg

Rich bench racing no doubt.

PNWVFRDMeetII_049.jpg

Lonnie and Sarah.

PNWVFRDMeetII_050.jpg

Mike and Kelly.

PNWVFRDMeetII_051.jpg

After that we went to a great place for lunch.

PNWVFRDMeetII_052.jpg

Sunflowers.

PNWVFRDMeetII_053.jpg

We left a space for Keith to park his bike here (maybe next year).

PNWVFRDMeetII_054.jpg

but he was busy carefully planning a great time for all. Kieth on the phone was a scene that was repeated throughout the day. What a great guy to do this for us all!

PNWVFRDMeetII_058.jpg

There were the insiders.

PNWVFRDMeetII_055.jpg

and the outsiders.

PNWVFRDMeetII_056.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_057.jpg

but they were all on the same VFR team smile.gif .

After lunch Keith took us on some roads that were "da bomb" I had never been on surfaces like that before! Just amazing. You can see the pack almost knee dragging in the vid here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mrZoadtN4c

and here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQeeUUo7NGY

bur seriously, he did take us out to some really fine roads in beautiful country. That gravel was just the gateway to heaven.

After lunch we continued onward. We ended up getting split up from the group as we went sailing by when they were stopped under some trees. Rich pointed Tim, Craig, and I up the road to St. Mary's peak, and boy am I ever glad he did! We headed up twisting, turning and climbing up a nearly perfect road. It was about 20 min. up and then a well marked but strange 200ft. dirt and gravel section and then another 20 min. of pure heaven to the top. I can't remember if we switched off leading, but I do remember getting into a mystical state. A perfect speed flow. After a while there was no bike and no me, just consciousness in motion. Tim was up ahead and we were flying up that road! Near the top we slowed down quite a bit and Claudia was finally able to grab the camera and shoot a short video. You can see Tim up ahead sailing around the last few corners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnTfOOAZRpE

And then we arrived at the top.

To be continued............

• Member Contributer

This is part two of a repost of my ride report from last year. Somehow it was lost, but here it is again............

And then we arrived at the top.

Rich, Craig, Tim, Claudia and I hung out at the top for a while.

PNWVFRDMeetII_062.jpg

Rich was clowning in front of his bike.

PNWVFRDMeetII_063.jpg

Claudia had her head in the clouds.

PNWVFRDMeetII_064.jpg

and Rich captured this Kodak moment.

PNWVFRDMeetII_065.jpg

After a rest we headed back down and that was every bit a nice as the way up. Rich went up ahead and stopped to catch some pictures of us going down. At the bottom we followed Rich on a speed train toward the coast and eventually we headed back to the hotel. After a short nap we went to the Brewery where there were VFRs everywhere!

PNWVFRDMeetII_066.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_067.jpg

Her's a couple of the cool shirts.

PNWVFRDMeetII_068.jpg

and here's a rare one of me with a beer in one hand, and a grip in the other.

PNWVFRDMeetII_069.jpg

Check out the necklace.

PNWVFRDMeetII_070.jpg

Dead Guy Ale, VFR style!

PNWVFRDMeetII_071.jpg

A long shot.

PNWVFRDMeetII_072.jpg

The next day at breakfast we had a chance to say hello again and goodbye to our new friends.

PNWVFRDMeetII_074.jpg

Hot VFR girls gone wild! (well sort of wild....)

PNWVFRDMeetII_073.jpg

This was the scene outside.

PNWVFRDMeetII_076.jpg

Loni and Sarah ready to ride!

PNWVFRDMeetII_077.jpg

Tim and Cassie saying goodbye.

PNWVFRDMeetII_078.jpg

and our gracious host again.

PNWVFRDMeetII_075.jpg

Here's a shot of some more great folks outside saying goodbye.

PNWVFRDMeetII_079.jpg

Of course I had to say goodbye to the really nice girls inside too.

PNWVFRDMeetII_080.jpg

It was hard to say goodbye but we headed south. Along the way we found this place to stop for a while.

PNWVFRDMeetII_081.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_082.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_083.jpg

and then we found a hotel called the Sea Crest where we stayed that night. Here is a picture of the bike out in front of the room and you can sort of see the view of the Ocean.

PNWVFRDMeetII_084.jpg

Here is a shot out of the window in the room.

PNWVFRDMeetII_085.jpg

We later found out that the place was for sale and we had a lot of problems with the room but we were so tired that we just laughed and laughed.

PNWVFRDMeetII_086.jpg

The next day we stopped here.

PNWVFRDMeetII_087.jpg

and here too.

PNWVFRDMeetII_088.jpg

Claudia snapped pics from from the back too.

PNWVFRDMeetII_089.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_090.jpg

We stopped by the Dunes to check out the action and found a giant sandbox to play in.

PNWVFRDMeetII_091.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_092.jpg

Here is a vid of a hill climb race between three quads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51OAmnRVqmY

Further south we saw some places where the sand meets the water that looked cool. Pine trees growing out of the sand!

PNWVFRDMeetII_096.jpg

The coast was beautiful!!!

PNWVFRDMeetII_097.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_098.jpg

We stopped along this beach.

PNWVFRDMeetII_099.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_100.jpg

A perfect moment.

PNWVFRDMeetII_101.jpg

Later that day we saw this historical ship.

PNWVFRDMeetII_103.jpg

PNWVFRDMeetII_104.jpg

and then we headed in to the Redwoods.

PNWVFRDMeetII_105.jpg

Lots of joy.

PNWVFRDMeetII_106.jpg

So beautiful!

PNWVFRDMeetII_107.jpg

Claudia was thrilled to be among the trees.

PNWVFRDMeetII_108.jpg

We took the scenic route.

PNWVFRDMeetII_109.jpg

and saw some really big Redwoods!

PNWVFRDMeetII_110.jpg

Claudia caught me foraging for berries.

PNWVFRDMeetII_111.jpg

There was so much beauty all around.

PNWVFRDMeetII_112.jpg

That glow was my helmet.

PNWVFRDMeetII_113.jpg

And we cruised along the coast back home.

PNWVFRDMeetII_114.jpg

We had a wonderful time and met some of the nicest people and we can't wait for the next meet!

• Member Contributer

Good times. Thanks for putting that back up.

I must admit it feels a little odd seeing pics of Rich on Mary's Peak again, but it's good to remember that was one of the spots he really loved to be.

• Member Contributer

I must admit it feels a little odd seeing pics of Rich on Mary's Peak again, but it's good to remember that was one of the spots he really loved to be.

I will always be grateful he shared one of his favorite places with us. What a ride!

• Member Contributer

I will always be grateful he shared one of his favorite places with us. What a ride!

Way to get us excited for this year's meet, Tim! I gotta go for a ride now. :goofy:

Archived