Pnw Vfrd Meet II

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Now that is a GROUP ride +1.gif Well done lads, thx for sharing the pics and stories
Is he referring to the post above his? +1.gif Is there something we should know, David??? :P

• Member Contributer

I wanted to quickly again thank Keith for all his efforts, I had a great time!! The ride Saturday was Awesome!! I hope that I didn't hold anyone up, I am still grinning from ear to ear. It was great meeting all of you!! Everyone was so nice. I can't wait till next year

Thanks again

Gary

V-FORE

• Member Contributer

Man, I should have taken the weekend and headed down to Newport. Keithbob, sure does look like the VFR meet was a success. I won't be missing the next one that's for sure.

Any chances there might be any large shirts left for sale??

RingO

• Member Contributer
I am sleepy but so its just these to pics for the night. I have a great story to tell all of you about our monday. I am going to call it the Misadventures of Thumper 8 and Silver#788 Auto bio and pics to come on that as well!!

I just wanted to check in and let everyone know I finally made it home. George (Silver#788) has some pics of our misadventures re: my new back tire. I kinda wore out my back tire on the way down, so I ended up buying a new Diablo Corsa - all I could find on Monday. Buying it at one place, hauling it on the bike to a second place to mount, and then getting two holes in it at the same time near Carson. My roadside patching held up... kinda. I will let George fill in the blanks, but I left Yakima this morning, ripped through the Cascades (Winthrop to Marblemount is amazing when there is no traffic!) an got home about an hour ago.

I am going to grab dinner now, and post up my thank-you's later,

Tony.

EDIT: Finished dinner, so some big heartfelt thank-you's.

First to Keith for organizing an amazing event. Everything was top notch - I cannot imagine how much time and energy goes into organizing something like this, and then pulling it off - a job very well done.

I had never met any of the meet attendess before this weekend, but by the end of the weekend there was an amazing sense of comraderie and friendship. Not a bad apple in the bunch.

Thanks to David (Fallzboater) for opening his house to us on Thursday evening - a very kind and generous gesture that was much appreciated and got the weekend off to a great start. Our rip Friday through FS 11 still has me shaking my head. Flying into blind, unmarked corners on a bumpy, mostly single lane road with trees encroaching and occasionally hitting your shoulder as you lean into a corner may not be everyone's cup of tea, but we had one hell of a ride... without too many issues :P

Thanks to Craig (CVVFR) and the other Tony (Didit) for representing Canada in fine fashion, eh? (hic!)

And a special thanks to George (silver #788) for helping me find a new tire when most shops are closed on Monday, and then taking me to the Rowena Curves to break in the Corsa (very grippy BTW) and of course helping me fix two flats in my new tire. Unbelievable generosity and kindness. Thanks so much...

The roads around Mt St Helens are in Loni and Tim's backyard, so for anyone who didn't make this year's meet, make plans to attend next year - the roads are unbelievable and the folks are even better.

Would you expect anything less from VFR riders? See you all next year...

Tony.

• Member Contributer
Thanks to David (Fallzboater) for opening his house to us on Thursday evening - a very kind and generous gesture that was much appreciated and got the weekend off to a great start. Our rip Friday through FS 11 still has me shaking my head. Flying into blind, unmarked corners on a bumpy, mostly single lane road with trees encroaching and occasionally hitting your shoulder as you lean into a corner may not be everyone's cup of tea, but we had one hell of a ride... without too many issues :P

And a special thanks to George (silver #788) for helping me find a new tire when most shops are closed on Monday, and then taking me to the Rowena Curves to break in the Corsa (very grippy BTW) and of course helping me fix two flats in my new tire. Unbelievable generosity and kindness. Thanks so much...

The roads around Mt St Helens are in Loni and Tim's backyard, so for anyone who didn't make this year's meet, make plans to attend next year - the roads are unbelievable and the folks are even better.

Tony,

We enjoyed having you! Too bad I had to work on Monday, the Rowena Curves are part of my commute.

My rear Pilot Road is now toast also, I'll have to pick up a new one in the next couple of weeks. Crazy that you had problems with the new tire right awayl.

It sounds like we may be doing a ride into central OR on Friday, and I'll be riding past Mt. St. Helens to Paradise, WA on Saturday evening to take a crevasse rescue corse on Sunday. I won't have a chance to get a new tire before all that, so I hope I don't have any major problems with it.

!! Thanks Keith !!

You?re the best host ever. :thumbsup:

Oh, and I never had a better BBQ.

It was great to finally meet some of my VFRD buddies ? Great people. Great rides. Great times.

On the way back home i found my very own, very private and secluded river-bend camping site. Huge blackberries everywhere. It was great area, where i spotted 2 black bears - a juvenile and it?s mom. Sorry, but pic will not post. :blink:

• Member Contributer

Looks like a good time was had by all. Great pics!!

I've got to figure out how to get up that way for next year's gathering - beautiful part of the country. Love that area around Newport!

Mark n Memphis

(a jealous "wish I coulda been there- living vicariously thru your posts" lurker)

• Member Contributer

This picture posting thing just went over my head. Thanks for all the ones that got posted. Still have not figured a good way to share any of mine. Thank you everyone for one of the best weekends of my life,(simple mind simple pleasures). Hope to see anyone of you soon. Ride safe.

windwalker, aka. tom.

I have a few posted in my gallery. Will try to pick more worthy of the precious space and post.

great job, keith.

what a great group - tim nails it - "you really do meet nice people on hondas". you're all aces.

a 24 hour straight ride home was worth it, at least i'll get an iron butt.

see you dudes, and dudettes next year. maybe i'll be able to keep up with the 2-ups as a 1-up next year.

• Member Contributer

Hey Superfunk,

I learned a long time ago, it's not about keeping up,

as it is about keeping it up.

I fell behind fallzboater and thumper8 many a time, but decided to enjoy my ride.

Turns are there for all to enjoy. The only way to get experienced is to experience.

My body hurts as I too recover from all the hours in the saddle. But I loved every minute

of it; the people, the roads and the weather were all excellent.

Now, next year I'll have;

a new sargent seat

a throttle minder

riding boots

riding pants

saddle bags

a new back tire

a better road kit (visor stuff, hex wrenches, bandaids, dog spray, etc.)

a bigger smile

a great time

Can't wait, but I'll have too. Miss those roads already.

Cheers and again,

thanks to CVVFR, fallzboater, thumper8, keithbob,scottinexile, vfore, tim, flailer and everyone I met and will meet.

• Member Contributer
Hey Superfunk,

I fell behind fallzboater and thumper8 many a time, but decided to enjoy my ride.

Turns are there for all to enjoy. The only way to get experienced is to experience.

My body hurts as I too recover from all the hours in the saddle. But I loved every minute

of it; the people, the roads and the weather were all excellent.

Now, next year I'll have;

a new sargent seat

a throttle minder

riding boots

riding pants

saddle bags

a new back tire

a better road kit (visor stuff, hex wrenches, bandaids, dog spray, etc.)

a bigger smile

a great time

Can't wait, but I'll have too. Miss those roads already.

Cheers and again,

thanks to CVVFR, fallzboater, thumper8, keithbob,scottinexile, vfore, tim, flailer and everyone I met and will meet.

Dog spray, huh? How about a 9mm? I would've been livid, probably tore that shanty down.

You guys that didn't (quite) keep up with us did a great job. Very easy to get in over your head following (or trying to stay ahead of) a faster rider. I've been there. I'm really pleased that nobody had any major incidents.

Those Coast Range roads were the best I've been on.

Dog spray, huh? How about a 9mm? I would've been livid, probably tore that shanty down.

You guys that didn't (quite) keep up with us did a great job. Very easy to get in over your head following (or trying to stay ahead of) a faster rider. I've been there. I'm really pleased that nobody had any major incidents.

Those Coast Range roads were the best I've been on.

yes, i've already had one "get off" on my old bike.

i had a blast, just at a much slower pace than you crazy ones. i'm glad to see some wear near the edges of my tires. without a doubt the best roads i've ever been on. i'll certainly go back to oregon and washington states again for riding - way cool.

i had so much time in the saddle i'm literally saddle sore - 3,500 miles in 6 days - i literally have a heat rash on my hiney.

i'll post the ride photos on my website later tonight, some good action shots...

Hey Superfunk,

i'm assuming you're talking about riding, yes? no problem in either case. hahaha. :lol:

Hey Keith,

I just wanted to say thank you again for showing us all a great time. I dont think I have ever had so much fun. The roads were beautiful and the people were pretty o.k. as well. I hope to see you all next year if not sooner

Be Safe Rick

• Member Contributer

Made it home safe and sound sightseeing all the way back to San Rafael! A big thanks to Keith for being a most gracious host and organizer and to everyone else who helped out. Also a big thanks again to Hispanic Slammer for bringing us all together. What a super great time it was!!!! Everyone was really nice and it felt like a family gathering. Claudia and I got some great pictures that I will be posting soon. While you are waiting, here is one of a great guy and the machine he rides. It's Keith and his Y2K!

Keith.jpg

hi ladies and gents,

i've got a few action shots. a professional photographer i'm not, but some of these are really good shots of some of you daredevils. i've got the 300dpi originals if anyone wants to print them, just PM me.

http://www.superfunkomatic.com/motorcycle-trips/bike-trip-2006-newport-or-pnw-vfr-meet/

if anyone has any "action" shots of me, pulling up the rear - i'd love to have a picture of me riding.

take care

superfunk

hi ladies and gents,

i've got a few action shots. a professional photographer i'm not, but some of these are really good shots of some of you daredevils. i've got the 300dpi originals if anyone wants to print them, just PM me.

http://www.toolbarmedia.com/photos/newport...n_photos_08_06/

if anyone has any "action" shots of me, pulling up the rear - i'd love to have a picture of me riding.

take care

superfunk

Very nice pictures! They all look good. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Very nice pictures! They all look good. :thumbsup:

Supercool, superfunk! I was a little worried that there wasn't one of us in there, until I finally got to pic 23. Nice shot! Always nice to know we weren't picking our noses or anything... :D

• Member Contributer
Supercool, superfunk! I was a little worried that there wasn't one of us in there, until I finally got to pic 23. Nice shot! Always nice to know we weren't picking our noses or anything... :D

One of the benefits of full-face helmets. :P

OMG, mine sucks! I remember whoever I was following went way wide, and between that and the photographer I had a bit of target fixation going (mistake). I only remember hitting the double yellow (other than passing) one other time all weekend, and there it is! I should've made another pass, D'Oh!

• Member Contributer

Nice pics, shows why Red is faster than yellow!!! :D

Nevr knew my toes were so close to the ground!

hi ladies and gents,

take care

superfunk

• Member Contributer

Very Cool!!! Thanks, Gotta love the Red! I now see what I look like #13

Gary

V-FORE

Guest ex TZ tuner
hi ladies and gents,

take care

superfunk

Very Very Nice shots! Other than race photos this is the first road pic I've ever had. Thanks very much.

• Member Contributer
One of the benefits of full-face helmets. :P

OMG, mine sucks! I remember whoever I was following went way wide, and between that and the photographer I had a bit of target fixation going (mistake). I only remember hitting the double yellow (other than passing) one other time all weekend, and there it is! I should've made another pass, D'Oh!

David, I had to double check to see if that was you... your one very minor 'oops' of the weekend captured for prosperity. I seem to be holding an OK line in image #6 (# 0091). I wonder if next year it should be announced pics are being taken at whatever corner, so that we can lean a little through the corner, and not potentially get spooked by the camera?

Now I will offer one and all a free beer or two at next year's meet.

I can't seem to figure out how to attach the little PNW meet thumbnail in my signature... when I go to edit sig, and try to add an image, it asks for a URL. :goofy: - thereby exceeding my limited computer abilities.

So a free beer or two at next year's meet for the first person to post up 'idiot-proof' instructions on how to add that little sucker to my signature. +1.gif

Archived