New sportstourer from Honda

• Member Contributer

Honda seems to have finally pulled the trigger and made the sporty sports-tourer that most in this forum had been asking for. Relatively light, 1000 cc, 150+ HP (expected) … but an inline-4, based on the new CB1000 Hornet. 

IMG_0419.jpeg

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

If Ducati can go from making V-twins that were winning races to building V-4's that are winning races, can't see why Honda can't go back and do the same. Never cared for inline motors, so much so, that I went out and sought an old Honda V-twin (Honda Hawk GT650). So now I have 2 V-twins and 2 V-4s in my stable. V is for victory!

All ribbing aside, not sure what drives the motorcycle market these days but if it's inline motors, whether it be twins or 4's, I guess that's what they'll be putting out. It's a shame Honda didn't build another RC model for the masses. Yeah, the RC-213V was done, but it definitely wasn't for the "masses", at least not with most peoples bank accounts. I'll hang on to my VFRs for as long as I can and keep crossing my fingers for Honda to give us two variants of the VFR, one an RC inspired version and another more suited for sport-touring. I'd probably buy both, one for the track and one for the daily ride, essentially what I have now, just more modern and up to date.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, arrow said:

… but an inline-4

Fail.

I swear their recent Moto GP struggles are karma related.

• Member Contributer
15 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

Never cared for inline motors, so much so, that I went out and sought an old Honda V-twin (Honda Hawk GT650). So now I have 2 V-twins and 2 V-4s in my stable. V is for victory!

I just added another Hawk to the fleet.  Built my first one.

PXL_20220821_000032012.thumb.jpg.56fe95b621e87ee56118f4cbfaed5c2b.jpg

bought this one. 

PXL_20240131_025743716.thumb.jpg.1ac05c9276bd6fc78be3b150d80d40c8.jpg

700cc engine.

PXL_20240204_225258384.thumb.jpg.44cdeb915f611fa8d119aeccbda740b1.jpg

Couldn't afford NOT to buy it.

• Like 5

• Member Contributer

I've always felt there might be a Hawk in my future. It would join the two other V-twins in my garage. Simple, light and good looking.

But...Triumph is bringing back the Daytona, the 675cc engine I believe. Whenever I've been behind a Daytona I just loved the sound of the triple. The 2024 Daytona is I believe under $10K. It doesn't have sophisticated suspension adjustability, or a lot of other bells and whistles, but it's around 430 lbs. and has lots of opportunity to modify into a great track day bike. Looking forward to seeing one in person.

(I too have never owned an inline four)

Image.jpg

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Captain 80s said:

I just added another Hawk to the fleet.  Built my first one.

Just to let you know, I worked with AS3 and another Hawk owner member from the FB Hawk group and got them to build silicone coolant hoses for the Hawk family of bikes. Should be available very soon.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, St. Stephen said:

I've always felt there might be a Hawk in my future. It would join the two other V-twins in my garage. Simple, light and good looking.

I always wanted one since working at the Honda shop starting in the early 90s.  Got to ride them and work on them.  Was just always waiting for the right one, in the right shape (solid bones, but not nice enough to demand all the money).

Well the first came along and was the perfect candidate, and I got to do the mods I always wanted to do.  Absolutely love it.

The second one was exactly why I have multiple VFRs.  Not actively pursuing, but opportunities present themselves that you just can't afford to let get away.  

• Like 2