USB port

weewards

Hi, I am hoping to purchase a 2021 VFR 800F H next month & I will immediately be going on a mini tour & hope to fit a Quadlock system with charging device.

so now to my question, I can see it has a USB port on the left hand side but dont know if it has an actual USB port, how many ports or is a car type cigar lighter port?

googling for an answer simply shows me lots of people that have fitted after market USB ports on older models of the VFR.

• Member Contributer

OEM is no USB

Theres a plug in power supply under the seat that I run my heated jacket through if you’re looking for an instant solution 

As you have a tour in mind I’d consider a new battery if it still has the original 

• Member Contributer

The only mention of a 12V 3A power socket I can find is on the X (2018+).  Have you seen this F in person?  Maybe somebody retrofitted one from the X.  I believe it is a cigarette style socket, as I read mention of somebody trying to use a mini air compressor and blowing the fuse.

I haven’t seen it in Person as yet but the pictures clearly show the  flap shown in the picture and the description of the bike says includes a 12V power socket.

it looks standard but as you say it might be a part from the cross runner as I can’t find it listed anywhere either.

i will know for sure in a few days….

• Member Contributer

The 2018+ X definitely has a power supply on the top of the lhs fairing. It's a cigarette lighter socket, not a usb. 

No idea about the f-model. 

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Here you go. This is the 8th Gen F-H model: it's a standard 12v socket. Actually not great for wet weather unless you can find some way to weatherproof the adaptor

16957645678878986006450481807293.jpg

16957645937793238224140273891492.jpg

• Thanks 2

• Member Contributer

Cool!  Not the best location for constant use, but could be nice for a charge while at a stop.

Which I suppose isn't really nice cuz the bike's not on.

• Haha 1

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Presson said:

Here you go. This is the 8th Gen F-H model: it's a standard 12v socket. Actually not great for wet weather unless you can find some way to weatherproof the adaptor

16957645678878986006450481807293.jpg

16957645937793238224140273891492.jpg

I mean, who doesn't need to light their ciggies while riding down the road?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, VFR78 said:

All Fs after 2016 had them. The explanation in the handbook doesn’t inspire confidence (attached). My Quadlock is wired directly to the battery. 

IMG_2068.jpeg

Yes, basically don’t use in the uk as it ‘might’ rain…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, VFR78 said:

All Fs after 2016 had them. The explanation in the handbook doesn’t inspire confidence (attached). My Quadlock is wired directly to the battery. 

IMG_2068.jpeg

Thank you, I think I will link the quad lock direct to the battery too when I get it home.

• Member Contributer

If you meed a power tap & just for a phone then you can tap the cooling fan supply. Been running my 5th gen from there forever. Just use a inline fuse on the wire by the tap. 

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, weewards said:

Yes, basically don’t use in the uk as it ‘might’ rain…

That's bollox, I use mine all the time through the worst English winter weather.

Mind you, on the X, it's on a more vertical face than the F.

• Haha 1

I have ended up ordering the Denali Power hub 2 as I expect to have a few accessories on the bike and got a good price.

For what its worth the price quoted on sportsbikeshop.co.uk was £185.99 but discounted to £149 with free delivery, however I found it on  mandp.co.uk for £109 also with free post, sportsbikeshop.co.uk will do a competitor price match also if you prefer to order from them