My 93

I could have sworn I had a thread for my bikes but I couldn't find it (been a long day and probably got brain rot from all the cleaning chemicals I've breathed in!)

So I had my red VFR750, it was VERY red:

_57_zps74e37a38.jpg

I updated it a bit by changing the seat, windscreen and wheels and eventually the exhaust, I also added clear indicators and a double bubble skidmarx screen:

IMAG2049_zpsae905382.jpg

20150301_142336_zpsm1skfdkt.jpg

It had a bit of panel damage on the right hand side, finding a panel was a ballache, I got a quotes on a repair and it was all eye wateringly expensive. I decided to get some quotes on a full respray and was surprised to find it only came in at just under double the price of a single panel being repaired and sprayed..so here's how she looked when I got the panels back and pieced it all together:

IMAG0620_zpsk6wsybhb.jpg

IMAG0626_zpssh33u72g.jpg

Obviously looking a bit like a big fridge freezer combo on wheels was a bit much so I put my update-but-keep-it-minimal look into action with tank badges, updated VFR stickers, rim stickers and some alternative mirrors to lose the condom looking originals

IMAG0692_zpsuwlajpmg.jpg

IMAG0689_zpsnx0oj1bb.jpg

As you can probably see, the forks are badly pitted...luckily for me I had a set of Maxton reworked forks that I bought from Miguel on here, even better was that my painter sprayed them in gloss black as part of the panel spraying deal! So after much faffing, on they went

IMAG0710_zpshpk0hcdk.jpg

I've spent a lot of time cleaning up the bolts around the bike as well, a simple before/after will suffice!

IMAG0727_zpspemecco5.jpg

IMAG0728_zpsrexjjlre.jpg

And I'll let the pics do the talking now..also added a tank pad!

IMAG0725_zpswffgch5c.jpg

IMAG0721_zpsrrw0jojb.jpg

IMAG0720_zpsfwyzppdd.jpg

IMAG0718_zpswxd5jpnu.jpg

IMAG0723_zpsswx2ebwn.jpg

IMAG0717_zps9jvqkl8z.jpg

IMAG0716_zpsnqb5rfbx.jpg

IMAG0726_zpsop5fs1ks.jpg

I've got a few more very trick bits going on pretty soon, so I'll update once they're on!

• Member Contributer

Drool . . . That looks fantastic! :cool: If only I could score a 3rd gen in nice condition. They're getting scarce!

Thanks Cogsie! I think it's safe to say I'm in love with this bike. I've sunk a lot of effort in to it, that's for sure. I'll update this again once I've finalised it with the other mods I have lined up

Chap in London, £500. Nearly perfect job, miniscule overrun in two spots that're out of sight anyway. Well recommended :)

• 1 month later...

So, I bought the Sebring from Dutchy and have had it fitted (I didn't want to do it myself, cost a bloody fortune but seems worth it). I also got a Dynojet kit fitted, it's making 93bhp at the rear wheel now, which is enough for me and my riding style.

I've GOT to buy a baffle for it, loud is an understatement - it's basically obscenely loud.

I won't be doing anything else to the bike for a good while now, I've sank a pretty stupid amount into it over the past 6 months haha, the Mrs isn't going to be happy with me if I continue. Next up will be a Hyperpro rear shock but may just save up slowly until Christmas and buy it as a pressie to myself then, the suspension as it stands is pretty decent with the Maxton front end.

Here's some pics...

IMAG1037_zpszudfhn3g.jpg

IMAG1036_zps770ceoqj.jpg

IMAG1035_zpsuwitterf.jpg

IMAG1038_zpsdqrmjpgc.jpg

IMAG1039_zpsnhxl8ar6.jpg

IMAG1040_zpsi0jdmhh5.jpg

IMAG1041_zps8s3iiqqu.jpg

IMAG1042_zpsv26dwwds.jpg

IMAG1043_zps6hnykdjg.jpg

Video of it at idle with a bit of a blip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VPVJgQImKQ

I had a mint factory white 93. I put 30 thousand or so miles on it in a year and a half and then decided I needed a cbr 1krr so I sold the VFR. Wish I had it back now. I can't wait to repaint my newly acquired '86 back to its oem pearl white. Great bike you have

Thanks mate, it's been a waiting game more than a slog - everything seems to have happened really slowly. Had a few bumps in the road (right side fairing flew off at speed!) and already picked up the usual road marks from daily use, but it feels properly like it's mine rather than just something made on a production line

• Member Contributer

That looks really really nice AND it clearsthe areas where on the the 4th gen will not.....

There must be a similar shop in the UK

http://www.japparts.nl/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=killer

I had mailed with Sebring in Austria but they never produced a db-killer themselves for this pipe. It was stamped "racing" after all. But that was early 90's; I doubt they will let you race at Assen with it now...

haha yeah, can't imagine it getting through an MOT either tbh! There;s loads of prople who make baffles on Ebay etc - I just need to measure it up. I'll give that a try, if it's still too loud then I'l just buy an alternative end can. I'm wondering if my delkevic can will fit actually - the outlet is just over 2" on the Sebring link pipe/end section so I'll give it a go today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I believe John got his at Wemoto in the UK; I think it was made by Skidmarx (mine was), though I've also seen references to a DB screen made by "Airflow" (which I have never heard of).

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Really nice looking bike. I like the way it sounds in that video. (Of course, I also like the way the Micron high mount on my 5th gen sounds. They are very similar.)

Thanks.

Yeah the screen is from Wemoto.Com, made by skidmarx. I'm done with modding the bike now I think. I'm going to put a hyperpro rear shock on it later this year and that'll be the final piece. Anything else will be mechanical/electrical improvements as and when they're needed

• Member Contributer

haha yeah, can't imagine it getting through an MOT either tbh! There;s loads of prople who make baffles on Ebay etc - I just need to measure it up. I'll give that a try, if it's still too loud then I'l just buy an alternative end can. I'm wondering if my delkevic can will fit actually - the outlet is just over 2" on the Sebring link pipe/end section so I'll give it a go today.

Dont worry about the MOT, just mot,d mine with a Motad system and end can with no baffles and the examiner said hes only ever failed two bikes on noise, both HDs with short open slash exhausts that were deafening. It is up to the discretion of the examiner.If the exhaust is stamped "racing" just put a sticker over it, they are not allowed to remove it. If you are still concerned just stuff some exhaust wadding in it and dig it out after the test.

To be honest, passing the MOT is kind of irrelevant to me at this point, it's more about not wanting to sound like an obnoxious bellend coming down the road AND losing my hearing. Even with silicone earplugs in it still causes a bit of tinnitus after getting off it!

What a beautiful transformation! The red was nice, but the White is fabulous and the left side exhaust tops it off just right. Awesome!!!! :beer:

Wish i still had my pearl white 93! :sad:

Fantastic looking bike! :cheerleader:

BR

Archived