My 93

• Member Contributer

To be honest, passing the MOT is kind of irrelevant to me at this point, it's more about not wanting to sound like an obnoxious bellend coming down the road AND losing my hearing. Even with silicone earplugs in it still causes a bit of tinnitus after getting off it!

Cant really comment on the Sebring as ive never heard one. The Motad is just right, only sounds noisy when you give it some. Anyway only bellends ride around towns etc revving the nuts off. Bet that Sebring is not half as annoying as the kids riding round here on those 50cc scooter things, now that is annoying, the noise they make hurts your ears.

Haha yeah, it's not quite 2 stroke shitness. It's just very, very aggressive sounding and hurts my ears when I ride it - I've ordered a baffle anyway so hopefully that'll make it more sensible. Believe me, I like my loud exhausts and have spent my life with my head in bass bins at ridiculously noisy techno nights all over the show, but I can't handle this, it's horrid!

What a beautiful transformation! The red was nice, but the White is fabulous and the left side exhaust tops it off just right. Awesome!!!! :beer:

Wish i still had my pearl white 93! :sad:

Fantastic looking bike! :cheerleader:

BR

Thanks buddy, means a lot!

Well I fitted a baffle and it's much, MUCH quieter. Just a little louder/growlier than a standard can. So from one extreme to the next! I think I'll pop it out at the weekend, take it over to a garage near me and get them to use a circular saw to take the opposing end off it. Should create that happy medium of growl without insane volume.

IMAG1239_zpsfva4jiyj.jpg

• Member Contributer

Well done, John, you've made a brilliant transformation. It seems that Honda was on an acid trip when they decorated the '93 VFRs.

I have been contemplating making it a race replica of some variety. I did really like my other when it had the (home made) castrol make up on it. Thanks for the compliment, means a lot!

Archived