How To Fix Moldy Gloves?

roadpupp

• Member Contributer

After a great weekend at WDGAH, I got home pretty wet. Half an hour from home the rain finally quit so I swapped my good racing gloves for a lighter pair of dry ones.

The problem? I left the wet gloves in a zippered tank bag pocket until this morning! THey are all fuzzy and grey now!!

I rinsed them out in very hot water (no soap) and left them in the sun to dry.

Will they be nasty forever now? Should I treat them with something?

Thanks

Chad

• Member Contributer

Unfortunately, I've done the same thing. I used Murphy's Oil Soap which is safe for leather and air dried. No issues except that my hands smell more like the soap than leather after use.

• Member Contributer

Rub them down with creamy hand cleaner with pumice, then machine wash with soap, towel dry, let em' completely dry, then use automotive leather seat protectant on them. Soak a pr. of cloth gloves in Armour All and pull the gloves up over them....... :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Reminds me of this thread.

Did they look like this??

I still think someone shoulda' shot those and put em' outa' their misery last time I saw em'................. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I'd look at it as an opportunity to get some NEW gloves...

"Honey these are ruined. that mold ate the very fibers that would protect my hands in a crash you know..."

• Member Contributer
I know what to do! Stay at skuuuter's house and I bet they will mysteriously be "misplaced". Then you won't have to worry about de-molding them. :thumbsup:

............... :lol: :goofy:

Looks like beads of water inside the trunk to the right of the frame. :goofy:

Maybe they tossed the gloves in while it was raining, I missed the other thread. They're done anyway. Nasty. :goofy:

• Member Contributer
Looks like beads of water inside the trunk to the right of the frame. :goofy:

Maybe they tossed the gloves in while it was raining, I missed the other thread. They're done anyway. Nasty. :goofy:

SEBSPEED is right, the Givi V46 trunk is water tight. I have been in numerous downpours and my stuff in the case was always dry. However, the moist what you see is evaporated water from my gloves. Because the trunk water tight the moist could not escape, hence the wonderful science project. :D

I got caught in a very have rain and my gloves were soaked. I just put them in the trunk and I spend all my time to dry my leather suit. I did not ride for about 3 weeks because I was in Hungary for a while and when I come back I noticed some smell in the garage. Well, now everybody know what cause that smell. :pissed:

Archived