Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,
My name is Davide and i'm from Italy, and i have my father's 1994 vfr. Initial plans with the bike are new mono and frontend swap.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bienvenuti Davide!

 

Do you mean a new monoshock for the rear?  There is a lot of information here about fork swaps, but I think most swaps have been done on 800s, rather than 750s.  I'm working on a fork swap for my '93 RC36, and I've had to modify the fairing bracket to clear the lower triple clamp bolts (I'm using VFR1200F triples, VTR1000SP-1 forks, brakes and wheel).

 

Ciao,

 

JZH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Davide! Lot's of good info here on the forum, I'm sure you'll find much of what you need to know here just by searching or posting your questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been some good CBR swaps on 4th Gen bikes.  I think there are also options now to insert drop-in cartridges...but I'm not sure.

 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone. Yes i was refering to the rear shock, i was thinking about a nitron unit for that. Regarding the front swap, i was thinking about an 09-12 cbr600rr because i also want better brakes. I know it can be done almost plug and play. Regarding the fairing i will be addresing that when the swap is done if there are any interferences. In the future i am planning an rc30 replica but maintaining the rc36 color scheme, with all the weight i can possibly remove. 
I am now waiting to install a dynojet jet kit and air filter. I already have an aftermarket silencer i picked for cheap because i will be replacing it in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 9:50 AM, davideb23 said:

Hi everyone,
My name is Davide and i'm from Italy, and i have my father's 1994 vfr. Initial plans with the bike are new mono and frontend swap.
 

Welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the asylum Davide23 from The Land Of Interesting Weather. You have certainly come to the right place for V4 information.

 

We'd love to see pictures of your ride to prove to us you are not a figment of our imaginations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, davideb23 said:

Thanks everyone. Yes i was refering to the rear shock, i was thinking about a nitron unit for that. Regarding the front swap, i was thinking about an 09-12 cbr600rr because i also want better brakes. I know it can be done almost plug and play. Regarding the fairing i will be addresing that when the swap is done if there are any interferences. In the future i am planning an rc30 replica but maintaining the rc36 color scheme, with all the weight i can possibly remove. 
I am now waiting to install a dynojet jet kit and air filter. I already have an aftermarket silencer i picked for cheap because i will be replacing it in the future.

Pay attention to the length of the forks; if I recall correctly, 600RR forks are quite short--shorter than 600F4i forks (which are closer to the length of the VFR forks).

 

Ciao,

 

JZH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About the cbr i am aware of the length but, considering the compression at ride height, it should be a little shorter than the vfr so with stiffer springs to suit my weight should be good. I was trying to find sort of a "simple" solution. At first i was also thinking about an sp1 conversion, as i saw on the forum, but i can't find any to purchase. I guess i'll be continuing my research. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Davide and welcome!  I'm going to be visiting Italy in a few weeks, the Milan area.  Was thinking of renting a bike for a day or two.  Are you familiar with the area, any advice about roads or traffic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Privateer, i'm sorry i can't help you, i live in Tuscany. About the city of Milan, traffic is chaotic in the center, but outside Milano there are many beautyful roads especially between Como and Lecco

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, davideb23 said:

Hi Privateer, i'm sorry i can't help you, i live in Tuscany. About the city of Milan, traffic is chaotic in the center, but outside Milano there are many beautyful roads especially between Como and Lecco

No worries, just thought I would ask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 11:51 PM, davideb23 said:

About the cbr i am aware of the length but, considering the compression at ride height, it should be a little shorter than the vfr so with stiffer springs to suit my weight should be good. I was trying to find sort of a "simple" solution. At first i was also thinking about an sp1 conversion, as i saw on the forum, but i can't find any to purchase. I guess i'll be continuing my research. 

Okay, I see your point.  I would suggest that 600F4i forks are slightly larger (43mm dia), adjustable and also support 4-piston calipers, but these are not radial calipers, if that is what you want.

 

Don't forget to consider which wheels you can use, and last-but-not-least, which front mudguard and clip-ons.

 

 

 

Calculon, there seem to be a few rental places in Milan, but the one I've heard of before is https://www.mototouring.com/rental-category/rentals/.  Good luck.

 

Ciao,

 

JZH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JZH thankyou, i understand.
n the meantime i got some sc59 coil on plugs. I got them for a future mx-5 project but since i read on the forum they can fit the vfr i really want to try them. Any advices? Other than the rubber grommets, which i was thinking about having them 3d printed in some rubbery material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started a thread about 3rd gen COPs, which I think should be the same for the 4th gen, but I still haven't run my engine with them.  Good luck!

 

Ciao,

 

JZH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.