• Laverty
    • Crutchlow
    • Smith
    • Bradl
    • Barbera
    • Other

• Member Contributer

Taking  a tally

This being a Honda forum, any hardcore Duc fans here?

I root for Ducati and Suzuki just in hopes that an underdog makes it to the top and breaks the Honda-Yamaha war. I haven't cared for Honda's factory team since Hayden's departure, though. Besides being a Rossi fan, I had higher hopes for Spies and Crutchlow.

• Member Contributer

I root for Honda and Yamaha. In case anybody doesn't know, KTM will be racing in MotoGP next year (can somebody confirm they'll be racing at the premier level?)

Also, I'd really like to see the return of Kawasaki as well as BMW and Triumph race at the premier level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

In MotoGP I don't root for manufacturers, only racers.

Ciao,

On 6/6/2016 at 10:55 AM, 2FAST4U said:

I root for Honda and Yamaha. In case anybody doesn't know, KTM will be racing in MotoGP next year (can somebody confirm they'll be racing at the premier level?)

Also, I'd really like to see the return of Kawasaki as well as BMW and Triumph race at the premier level.

KTM is actually going to race this year - round 10 on August 14th in Austria. Yep, a new track on the calendar, although it's an old track. Kallio and DePuniet are the test riders so you'd assume they'll be on the bikes for the race.

As for Kawasaki, BMW and Triumph - not going to happen in the foreseable future. Kawasaki are all-in for WSB (where they are the team to beat), BMW will need an all-new S1000RR to even consider returning to WSB, and Triumph have never dabbled any higher than WSS.

I like Lorenzo and Marquez just because it's fun when Rossi fans get butthurt.

Otherwise, I've always rooted for Duc's racing teams, and really would like to see Dovi do well. Vinales too.

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, jhenley17 said:

Not in MotoGP any more, but...

e974fe87dec713065dfd104caacd1797.jpg

Well, he's doing a better in WSB. I still think he needs a more competitive bike though. If Honda would just produce that ever eluding RVF1000!

Well, he's doing a better in WSB. I still think he needs a more competitive bike though. If Honda would just produce that ever eluding RVF1000!

I agree, I'm glad to see him fighting for the podium again. If Honda would just get with the times, we could all be happy. I don't know what BSB looks like, but there's only one Honda in MotoAmerica, that ought to say something.

• Member Contributer
20 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

I agree, I'm glad to see him fighting for the podium again. If Honda would just get with the times, we could all be happy. I don't know what BSB looks like, but there's only one Honda in MotoAmerica, that ought to say something.

Speaking of doing better, although this is just practice...

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2016/MisanoWorldSBK+Hayden+Fastest+on+Friday

Archived