How can it be like this

So I have like bikes since I had a 125 back in the mid 80´s.

And some has been a favorite ever since, but how can a model you never did like back then suddenly become interesting, and even good looking in my eyes, even I back then did not like the look of the bike!

I´m talking about this bike:

146_03_90zoom%2B1990_honda_cbr600f%2Brig

146_03_fzoom%2B1987_honda_hurricane_600%

CBR_600_FH_FJ_87-89_21.jpg

The first generation Honda CBR600F, Hurricane. Guess the nice VF500 I had last year did an impression, but I just did not have fate enough in it.......? 

On other hand I still think the big brother looks ugly, sorry Honda:

Honda%20CBR1000F%2087%20%204.jpg

But for now, now more bike to the stab.....3rd gen needs some love first.

1 hour ago, keny said:

but how can a model you never did like back then suddenly become interesting, and even good looking in my eyes,

To answer your question: https://nei.nih.gov/healthyeyes/aging_eye

I agree on the 1KF, it needs at least another 10 years (or beers) before it start to look good too.

If you decide to add onother bike to the stable, also consider a first gen Fireblade, it looks good is fnu to ride and will be a classic, if it isn't allready.

2 hours ago, V4 Rosso said:

To answer your question: https://nei.nih.gov/healthyeyes/aging_eye

I agree on the 1KF, it needs at least another 10 years (or beers) before it start to look good too.

If you decide to add onother bike to the stable, also consider a first gen Fireblade, it looks good is fnu to ride and will be a classic, if it isn't allready.

I still think this whit the glasses (that I have to use more and more...)   :)

And as I have ridden a first gen Fireblade, its cool yes, was close there would not be one in the stable instead of the 3rd gen. It just had a running problem, so I did pass. Might be it was a bit to powerful to, have to have a driver license to hold my jobb so...

WP_20150819_12_18_33_Pro.jpg

And the bike I did ride to work that day I did testride the Fireblade

WP_20150819_08_40_49_Pro.jpg

• Member Contributer

An awesome bike. The '89 (same colour scheme as your first pic) was my second bike and it still lives in the garage as my wife's bike. The day she passed her bike test she gave me the green light to buy the VFR. So that afternoon we went to the Honda dealer and came home with my '95 VFR.

I only got into motorcycles in '87 when the Hurricane was introduced. I lusted over it in the magazines but my practical side made me start out on a Kawasaki EX500. But after working a summer co-op job I came home and traded the Kawi on the CBR. By that time Honda had dropped the Hurricane name though. Remember their ad which showed a Ninja hiding from a hurricane?

15 minutes ago, auggius said:

An awesome bike. The '89 (same colour scheme as your first pic) was my second bike and it still lives in the garage as my wife's bike.

That is perhaps the best colors it had! I also like the one I posted + the black/red 89-90. There are some color options I don´t like, like the early blue/silver and the 90 mint green/ turcose / white whit pink wheels/stripes!.... but I think thous colors came just here in Europe.

• Member Contributer

Actually the colour scheme in the third pic but reversed is my favourite. I like red. In fact it's my final arbiter between two otherwise equal things. If in doubt, buy the red one!

I still think the one you have is the best looking, and the other 2 I posted close second.

I never did (even still :) ) understand why anyone liked this color option:

honda-cbr-600-f-fl-1990-rare-classic-spo

• 3 weeks later...

Archived