Single Seat Pad

BiKenG

I mean the small pad made to stick on the front of the pillion seat cowl so the rider can slide back till they're pushing on this pad rather than the hard plastic of the cowl. I've fitted this sort of thing to numerous bikes in the past and thought it would be ideal for the VFR800, but I simply cannot find anything like. Neither on eBay not a general Google search.

Can anyone recommend a good one that fits the VFR800 seat cowl well?

• Member Contributer

I don't know of any off-hand, but a racing supplies shop should have that kind of thing. Won't be nice and upholstered like the 3rd gen'a though!

Ciao,

Cowl bump pads as we knew them, have pretty much dissa0eated from most sport bikes. The now have bump pads that are more integrated with the design of the cowl and seat, instead of the pads just stick on the flat leading edge of the cowl. I got a nice bump pad (made by a company called "CCS")for my 95's seat cowl from a Lockhart catalogue many years ago. It was actually meant for a Yamaha 400 sportbike, but fits the 4th gen cowl perfectly.

I suggest you search for a similar bump pad not specifically made for an 800 VFR that might fit as they did not make that many, if any at all for the bike. A few should still pop up but they are getting quite scarce for sure....

• Member Contributer

Hey Gavmac, I checked out your link. I have to comment on the description of the Sargent. It should be obvious it's wrong about the seat cowl not fitting over the Sargent. As to the durability, the Sargent in my pics I bought used two years ago. Before that I had an identical one-piece that looked as good as it did when I bought it used six years earlier. So it has proven quite durable. While garage-kept they both have spent considerable time in the elements while on month-long tours.

The Sargent has a fake carbon fiber finish and is not leather. I'm not sure what the Sargent is made of but I cannot imagine the Corbin's leather lasting as well out in the elements or even out of the elements.

Scrubbing the Sargent with water and dish soap with a fingernail brush brings the finish back to like-new condition.

I've done 130,000 miles of riding on them and my butt does not get sore after 10 hours of riding. I highly recommend them.

Hmmm, I just took the pillion seat out to the bike the other day. (Bike is new to me.) I installed the seat, but the cowl would not fit over the passengers seat. The seat is too wide and too long for me fit the cowl over. I would imagine that a one-piece would be slightly narrower to accommodate the cowl option. So I believe, from my personal experience, that the description in correct - the 2 piece Sargent seat doe not allow for the cowl to be used over the top of the rear, passenger seat.

So far, I've only done about 500 miles on the bike and the seat came with it. It's definitely more comfortable than the stock SV650S that I was riding. ;-)

Just looked at Sargent site. It states in the description that the cowl will NOT fit over the passenger seat. http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/World-Sport-Performance-Seat-Honda-VFR800-1998-2001/

And thanks for the toothbrush and soap idea. Might need to try that at some point.

Yup, perfect. Exactly what I want. So where do I go from there? How can I buy it? There's nothing but that list of 3 items and apart from opening a picture in another window, there's nothing else. Are they a sales site? Or just listing information?

Yup, perfect. Exactly what I want. So where do I go from there? How can I buy it? There's nothing but that list of 3 items and apart from opening a picture in another window, there's nothing else. Are they a sales site? Or just listing information?

I reckon just quote the part number & contact them. How's ya German ;)?

post-34257-0-49365500-1459687838.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Thurn can do English. They also regularly sell on UK eBay, so they are definitely used to international shipping. Dutchy has visited them (I've seen the pics!), so he would probably know the best way to order.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I stand corrected about the two-piece Sargent. The Sargent seat that worked with my seat cowl was the one-piece seat. I have not tried the seat cowl with the two-piece I have now. I put my Givi rack on and that precludes any seat cowl on either Sargent version.

Sorry 'bout that.

• Member Contributer

Drop Gerhard an email for he does understand English. If need be, I can translate. No problemo.

I have a supplier from whom I think I can get one for the SP-1/SP-2 and I think the shape should fit. We'll see.

• Member Contributer

Depending on the size of the rider (you've seen me) there may not be room. I was going to add just such a pad to my single seat hump, but then I can't slide back far enough to adjust for comfort of crouch. There's only enough room without a pad. A shorter rider should be OK though.

Archived