Long Time Viewer, First Time Joiner

uncleJman

Not sure why I took so long to join. Owned my '06 VFR for about a year now and use this site all the time for reference. I probably won't own another make or model bike as long as I ride.post-35356-0-22371400-1459460294.jpegpost-35356-0-01028900-1459460314.jpegpost-35356-0-22210000-1459460420.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Welcome! The white sure is pretty. Wonder why they didn't go with white wheels like on the 3rd gen? I do like the white/bronze combination on the 8th gen too; not that silver is bad, just seems a little plain.

• Member Contributer
Welcome to VFRD -- possibly the greatest enthusiast forum in all the world. We have all manner of motorcyclists here: old, young, fast, slow, commuters, tourers, racers, modders, stockers, master mechanics and noobs. Buckeyes even!

Did you do the cockpit sketch? If so, amazing!

My kin are from across the Ohio river in the Erlanger area. Are you a Dixie Chili or a Skyline man?

• Member Contributer

Maybe all the weirdo's here kept you from joining up sooner! :cool:

BR

I resemble that remark! :laugh:

Not sure why I took so long to join. Owned my '06 VFR for about a year now and use this site all the time for reference. I probably won't own another make or model bike as long as I ride.attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Oh, and WELCOME!

I don't recall ever seeing a white '06 with a white front wheel and a white 8 spoke. It would be a great photo op to have that next to a stock '93. Hmmmm . . . :comp13:

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond (yep wierdo's too here!) :goofy:

• Member Contributer

[...]and yes that's a sketch I did myself. That was a night time photo and looked too good with the gauges lit up not to try and recreate.

That looks like more than just hobbyist doodling. Are you a professional artist?

I wouldn't call myself a professional, but I've drawn and painted since I was a little kid. I'm a metal finisher in the aviation industry which keeps my skills pretty sharp.

• Member Contributer

Welcome, nice bike, love that white with red wings. Nice drawing too, very talented.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. I think that sketch is fabulous. Would you do a commission sketch of a fifth? Please??

Welcome to the asylum. I think that sketch is fabulous. Would you do a commission sketch of a fifth? Please??

I would probably commission a sketch. Send me a pic or two you would want done and want you think it's worth. I can also mat and frame pictures if we got to that point.

• Member Contributer

I would probably commission a sketch. Send me a pic or two you would want done and want you think it's worth. I can also mat and frame pictures if we got to that point.

Thanks, I'll PM you.

Archived