8 Spoke....

F6bguy

Got it on this board.....had to drive 450 miles to get it but met a cool fellow bike guy so worth the drive....

Think Harold and Kumar go to White Castle......

• Member Contributer

Sweet! They're getting harder to find, especially in good condition. What are your plans for the color?

Sweet find. a few years back these where not so popular, now wow they are getting quite the attention. Hard to come by too, lucky me I was in the right place at the right time with it being a 6+ month search. Now working on getting the front matched to the new color.

• Member Contributer

I'm lucky, mine came with an 8 spoker on it already!

So did mine! Bought new in 1990, and while the bike it came on has long ago been dispersed into its component parts, the 8-spoke wheel lives on. I have just taken the tyre off in preparation for re-powder coating. The wheel is still in great shape, but the powder is over 20 years old, so could do with being re-applied.

Treat her well... (Are wheels feminine?)

Ciao,

I was about to purchase one on internet auction, as I was hitting buy it now someone else did.... Very annoying. Fortunately someone else had one for sale the next day. £95 in all. Not sure if over/underpaid but hey not many about.

there was one for sale in my area (both front and back 8 spokes) in good shape for $120 CAD (about $90-95 USD) that i slacked and they were gone in couple of days, still hitting my head against the wall for not buying these :pissed:

Are white wheels a very Honda thing to have? Like Red with gold wheels is very much a Ducati thing. I'm torn on if I want to get my wheels refinished (Gold, grey or black) or just leave them white and learn to love cleaning them... I like tradition so my red Ducati had gold wheels, if white is a VFR, RVF thing then I'll stay white...

• Member Contributer

1990 and 1991 VFRs had white and gold wheels, or gold and white wheels I can't remember. So it's not a Honda vs. Ducati thing. I think that both colors look timeless on a red VFR. The trick with the gold is getting the right shade of gold. Not as easy as one would think!

So here is the next question. Did RC45's come with a specific color wheel? RC30's seemed to be white with the HRC "swoosh" color bodywork in most pictures that I can find.

Archived