Got My Guzzi

• Member Contributer

Picked up a 2001 V11 Sport a few months ago from a friend's shop. It is still in GA at a friend's house, but I have been able to put about 200 miles on it and I really like it. Very different from the VFRs, but a good addition to the fleet.

post-21910-0-30693100-1457904818.jpg

post-21910-0-36266200-1457904832.jpg

• Member Contributer

I heard a LeMans Mk1 once and honestly, no finer sound. I thought Norton Commando's had the best aural pleasure, but that LeMans still resonates with me. I LOVE my VFR as it has elements of the thump and drang. But Guzzi's are hypnotic. Enjoy your new ride!

• Member Contributer

But the colors......

As my buddy calls it, "Kia Green." It has grown on me, now I really like the color!

The sound is what got me first, I was standing behind it in the show room when he fired it up, what a sound!

• Member Contributer

Stand out in the crowd in more than one way! Congratulations!

• Member Contributer

Congrats on the V11 sport,I've been on the lookout for a sport for a while. Love that color! Go to www.wildguzzi.com and join the forum,lots of great info there.

That's a really unique bike. I've always liked Guzzi bikes since they are a bit different from the pack. Although, I read Melissa Holbrock Pierson's book and her troubles with various Guzzi bikes and that put me off. I can certainly admire from afar. :)

• Member Contributer

Ach troubles with a Guzzi.... All one needs is a pair of rose tinted glasses...

2x UJ in the drive shaft

Multiple throttle cables

Let alone rear light bulbs

Dodgy bolts holding the oil carter (which must be taken off to change the oil filter)

Rotted through ignition lock cilinder

I loved my Guzzi "long time", spending a bit more than $10 though.... :-)

• Member Contributer

That's a really unique bike. I've always liked Guzzi bikes since they are a bit different from the pack. Although, I read Melissa Holbrock Pierson's book and her troubles with various Guzzi bikes and that put me off. I can certainly admire from afar. :)

Ya that's the same thing that comes to my mind about Moto Guzzi after reading her book The Perfect Vehicle. Love how they look and sound but not up to the level of maintenance they may require. If you have a stable of bikes I get it but as my only bike and limited time to ride I was really drawn to Honda reliability reputation. Still as a second ride I sure like the look of that radioactive swamp monster green V11. Nice addition.

• Member Contributer

There are a few things on it that I will keep an eye on, but there are several people out there with 100k miles or more on their Guzzi V11's. And considering I have an Alfa Romeo with over 240k miles on it, I think I can keep on top of this one. Besides, working on them is half the fun, except when it is on the side of the road...

Archived