Screen For Gen 8

wrmjones

• Member Contributer

Bike shop. That would be my first answer.

Google would be my second after asking you what make you prefer.

Third if you don't know what make you want and are after recommendations then this site has an excellent search facility. Type in what your looking for on the little white box ( the one that says search In greyed out type) then hit the magnifying glass icon.

That will reveal what has been said on here

What is spending the earth. 20 dollars or 200?

Yep, go search and see what you like the look of. Personally I don't get on with high screens so I'd probably go for this one https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/accessory.html?h=7_100069&accessoryCode=3762&d=VFR800+2014+%3E++Aeromax+Light+Black+Screen&partNumber=070103148 but it's not in Australia, obviously.

You might find it makes things worse though, I had a Fabbri double-bubble on my 5th gen which was better than standard and an MRA on my 6th gen which was worse so I went back to OE, plus it varies with what helmet you wear. You can only try it and see.

Welcome anyway!

• Member Contributer

Hi wrmjones.

Check out Powerbronze, www.powerbronze.com.au They have a great range of screens, they are manufactured in the UK but have an Aussie base as well. Clive the Aus director is a good bloke to have a chat with. Have ordered a double bubble through them which I should have any day now - will keep you posted.

Cheers.

Grum

Check out Powerbronze, www.powerbronze.com.au They have a great range of screens, they are manufactured in the UK but have an Aussie base as well. Clive the Aus director is a good bloke to have a chat with. Have ordered a double bubble through them which I should have any day now - will keep you posted.

+1 for Powerbronze.com.au (the Au Website & Distributor). I've bought 3 screens off Clive over the years, first for my 6th Gen and then for my 8th Gen the moment they became available. The fitting is factory-quality, they have a great selection of colours, and look the business. You can find pics of my 8th Gen Powerbronze screen in this thread: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/80606-black-ops-cams-8th-gen-mods/

Recommend the Powerbronze double bubble, the light tint has a nice VFR script at the bottom, darker ones don't have this. Just be careful when fitting, the plastics can easily be damaged when taking apart, there are some instructions on the forum, be gentle!

• Member Contributer

Hi All.

My Powerbronze screen arrived today (after 10 weeks due to Christmas holidays, normal delivery time for Australia is 7-8 weeks) so here's a few pics. Ordered the light tint double bubble and very happy with it, I also like the VFR logo. They supply a do it yourself cut to size edge strip you can fit, which I have done, however, if I have any issues with it I'm just going to remove it.

Cheers.

Grum.

P1010072.JPG

P1010074.JPG

P1010075.JPG

post-30826-0-34062600-1457505828.jpg

post-30826-0-17824900-1457505868.jpg

post-30826-0-06840300-1457505935.jpg

• Member Contributer

Anyone know where to get a "stock" screen only tinted? The gauges and numbers are hard enough to read with the new built in glare creating plastic instrument cover. Honda went backwards in that aspect. I thought a tinted screen might help. Thanks.

Anyone know where to get a "stock" screen only tinted? The gauges and numbers are hard enough to read with the new built in glare creating plastic instrument cover. Honda went backwards in that aspect. I thought a tinted screen might help. Thanks.

Why not try a window tinting vendor local to you? I imagine window tint techniques could easily handle that. Might need to remove the screen to do the job.

• Member Contributer

Hey Bent, Isn't the problem with glare on the instrument panel caused with sun glare from generally over your left or right shoulder? That's what I've experienced. Can't see how tinting the OEM screen will help in this situation. Might look good though.

Just to be pedantic, Honda change the logo for each model and that's the 6th gen version. Cool screen though!

Actually it's 5th-Gen. Seeing as you were being a pedant. :-p

021611middle_zpsukgm6tyy.jpg

• Member Contributer

Why not try a window tinting vendor local to you? I imagine window tint techniques could easily handle that. Might need to remove the screen to do the job.

Good idea, I'm going to do that.

Hey Bent, Isn't the problem with glare on the instrument panel caused with sun glare from generally over your left or right shoulder? That's what I've experienced. Can't see how tinting the OEM screen will help in this situation. Might look good though.

I actually consider that a second problem. No, tinting the screen won't cure that. I was thinking with a darker screen, the lighted digital numbers would show up better. I don't think the glare issue on the instrument panel has a cure that I can think of other than just not worrying about it, which I'm successfully doing. Hope that clarifies where I'm coming from.

• Member Contributer

Mea culpa. I hang my head and go sit in the corner.

Ha Ha very funny, I like your humour fatshoutybloke, as for the screen logo don't really care what gen the logo is, hadn't given it a thought.

Ok you can come out of the naughty corner now!!!!!

Cheers.

Grum.

P.S. Hey NZCam hope you are well, and thanks for putting me onto Powerbronze.

• Member Contributer

I've got a Puig dark tint double bubble screen, which makes the instruments show up better than OEM, but and there's always some point in the day when the sun will make everything unreadable ....sun to your back etc

Sun? Whats that? Here in England, or Atlantis as it should be called looking at the amount of water around, we don't suffer too much from bright sunlight. I am still waiting for a dry road this year.........

• Member Contributer

That's cos your end is sinking. At my end its still too frosty and roads covered in salt to get out due to the increased altitude.

Archived