Bazzazz Z-Bomb Question

No worries!

So the results are in. Loving how brutal and rapid it is through the first two gears now...much more my style. Bit of a ballache to fit unless you have lady fingers however!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's ok, thanks for the offer but I'm far from spanner shy :)

Yes sorry John was confusing you with some else who posted on the other forum about brakes sticking on.

ha ha..... That would be me then

Can nip round mine if you want help with brakes, Flaming. I live in S.E London near Greenwich and have all the tools you could ever need.

Brutal not smooth? Or both?

Smooth but without the silly power dip. Noticeably better to ride (in my opinion) because of it.

it's ok, thanks for the offer but I'm far from spanner shy :)

Yes sorry John was confusing you with some else who posted on the other forum about brakes sticking on.

ha ha..... That would be me then

Well yes it was T, I was not going to mention names. Still no disgrace in admitting it if your not handy with the spanners

There's loads of peeps who don't have the confidence.

I was trained as a mechanic when I left school so I'm happy to have a go at anything.

Can nip round mine if you want help with brakes, Flaming. I live in S.E London near Greenwich and have all the tools you could ever need.

Thanks John... I'll keep that offer in mind. Brakes seem ok now after taking all the helpful advice on these forums.

Smooth but without the silly power dip. Noticeably better to ride (in my opinion) because of it.

Thanks John... I'll keep that offer in mind. Brakes seem ok now after taking all the helpful advice on these forums.

No worries mate. Where abouts in Surrey? I'll be going up boxhill at the first sign of nice weather if you're about

No worries mate. Where abouts in Surrey? I'll be going up boxhill at the first sign of nice weather if you're about

Reigate area... Sent you a message. Let me know when you are around Rykas / Newlands.

I will second John's motion that the Z-bomb works! If you don't mind the gear indicator issue then this is about the best $50 bucks you can spend. Totally transforms 1st & 2nd gear. Pulls like a freight train and anyone who says its fast enough anyway, you may be right but do yourself a favor and ride someone's with the Bazzazz or the reflash to see what you are missing. I'll do the refresh eventually if I keep her long enough but for now this does the trick and with the FI controller I just need a little Dyno time and have it tuned, it should rip even better then. Really impressed that this $50 doohickey works so well. Kind of a shame Honda just didn't flash the ECU like this from the factory.........

Precisely. A reflash for anyone in the UK with a manual 1200 is pointless imo. You can't do 170mph+ here, you can't even do more than 20mph in most of London. There's cameras everywhere, you can't even scratch your arse without being seen. People screaming the benefits of a reflash...does it REALLY offer more than the zbomb? I can't see any benefit at all.

you mention people screaming the benefits of the reflash but has any of it sunk in ???? i'm tired of writing this shit out for people to ignore ....the overall rieability of the bike is gratly improved.....i'm not trying to sell reflashes, i don't get anything out of it.....if you insist on debating the advise that people who have ridden the stock, Zbombed and reflashed bikes offer, then suit yourself.....don't get it done

i really thought that my 2010 ran great with the Z bomb and Z-Fi installed but went for the re-flash mainly to restore the gear position indicator ....i was VERY surprised at how much difference the re-flash made

you mention people screaming the benefits of the reflash but has any of it sunk in ???? i'm tired of writing this shit out for people to ignore ....the overall rieability of the bike is gratly improved.....i'm not trying to sell reflashes, i don't get anything out of it.....if you insist on debating the advise that people who have ridden the stock, Zbombed and reflashed bikes offer, then suit yourself.....don't get it done

i really thought that my 2010 ran great with the Z bomb and Z-Fi installed but went for the re-flash mainly to restore the gear position indicator ....i was VERY surprised at how much difference the re-flash made

But Ishark did you also have a fuel map installed with the reflash ? the reflash to just remove the restrictions should give the same results as the ZBomb but the advantage being the gear indicator still works

I just got my ECU back from Don Guhl. I have not even put it back in yet, so I cannot speak to any benefit yet. But I can say that when I spoke with Don, I told him the kind of riding I do, the mods I had done or planned to do and what I wanted out of the flash. In my case, I do not plan on doing a de-cat nor pair elimination and only have a DAM exhaust. He loaded a map with those parameters. He also said that if it wasn't to my liking, I could have it reflashed and only pay the shipping.

So no matter what the flash is, you will be getting something the Z-bomb doesn't do. There is also the fan temp change, max rpm change and something else I can't remember that you have the option of changing that the Z-bomb can't do. Now, all that being said, if someone wants to use a Z-bomb, more power to them.

I just got my ECU back from Don Guhl. I have not even put it back in yet, so I cannot speak to any benefit yet. But I can say that when I spoke with Don, I told him the kind of riding I do, the mods I had done or planned to do and what I wanted out of the flash. In my case, I do not plan on doing a de-cat nor pair elimination and only have a DAM exhaust. He loaded a map with those parameters. He also said that if it wasn't to my liking, I could have it reflashed and only pay the shipping.

So no matter what the flash is, you will be getting something the Z-bomb doesn't do. There is also the fan temp change, max rpm change and something else I can't remember that you have the option of changing that the Z-bomb can't do. Now, all that being said, if someone wants to use a Z-bomb, more power to them.

It ends up being a cheaper, quicker option that many do before they know about Guhl. I didn't know until 2 weeks ago and I've had the bike with a Z-bomb for almost a year now

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

But Ishark did you also have a fuel map installed with the reflash ? the reflash to just remove the restrictions should give the same results as the ZBomb but the advantage being the gear indicator still wo

of course it was remapped, but the reflash goes much deeper,... it eliminates the off throttle fuel cut which is a (foolish) EPA mandate on all fuel injected vehicles....this makes on off throttle transition much smoother, and makes shifting gears smoother too....getting back on the throttle while leaned over is not abrupt any more....overall throttle control is much better......also the exhaust servo can be bypassed allowing it's removal

• Member Contributer

But that off throttle cut-off is only for US bikes isn't it? EPA has no mandate over here.

Still agree that it goes much deeper than a Z-bomb though. Can see why you'd try a Z-bomb first though.

As it stands, having ridden the bike for about ten days in absolutely minging London traffic and having a couple of open road belters on it...I can confirm that I suffer with no low speed jerkiness, there is the obvious, marginal on/off at very low rpm in first, but otherwise fine. I also see no need to be skimming past 140mph unless you're on a track/the autobahn. So yeah, the Zbomb works just fine for a fraction of the reflash cost.

If I had a DCT, I would likely have the reflash as it's the only work around for that daft power dip.

But that off throttle cut-off is only for US bikes isn't it? EPA has no mandate over here.

Still agree that it goes much deeper than a Z-bomb though. Can see why you'd try a Z-bomb first though.

How're you finding the suspension changes on your bike in comparison to standard? The factory internals and shock seem ok for what I'm doing atm, but wouldn't turn my nose up at a new set of bouncy stuff all round if the changes are night and day....

• Member Contributer

As it stands, having ridden the bike for about ten days in absolutely minging London traffic and having a couple of open road belters on it...I can confirm that I suffer with no low speed jerkiness, there is the obvious, marginal on/off at very low rpm in first, but otherwise fine. I also see no need to be skimming past 140mph unless you're on a track/the autobahn. So yeah, the Zbomb works just fine for a fraction of the reflash cost.

If I had a DCT, I would likely have the reflash as it's the only work around for that daft power dip.

How're you finding the suspension changes on your bike in comparison to standard? The factory internals and shock seem ok for what I'm doing atm, but wouldn't turn my nose up at a new set of bouncy stuff all round if the changes are night and day....

I doubt you'd notice any change on your normal ride in town but on the twisties it's a very different story.

Much easier to turn in, more stable and far easier to hold a line on an opening throttle - it's stopped drifting wide. I'd liken it to my 6th Gen (Nitron shock); it feels as light and easy to point yet stable and confidence-inspiring.

A lot of money so depending upon the type of riding folk do it could be a waste of money or money well spent. For me it's the latter.

Yeah it's a tough choice, I'm still umming and ahhing about this bike. For the price I've paid, it's a laughably good bike...almost too good to be true. But it feels like I'm missing a connection with it, I think I've been spoilt by the 750 sound track and oldskool charm. I need to get this thing out on the open road and really give it a chance to shine.

If I sell it then I'll give you dibs on the Zbomb! :happy:

Archived