8Th Gen Exhaust Can On A 5Th Gen?

Mikey

I can wait to send them(TBR) email about my new Tyga header with pic's. "Can you produce a header with this quality for this price ?"

Lol!!!!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
  • Member Contributer
19 hours ago, Mizarys said:

Bump, did anyone fit it? 

So with Mizarys question, but, but, but, has anybody done it?

:beer:

• Member Contributer

OP here, I have not gone down the path with Two Brothers, I do have a project lined up with a high mount and when complete I will post pics. 

• 1 month later...

Delkevics mufflers are built fine for the price point. Comparing it to a 1000$ Ak system is like getting upset your KLR doesn't have the same features that your R1200GS has. 

I'm on my third Delky pipe on 2 different VFRs and they sound okay. They are not Staintunes or Akra's but for the money they sound good. They hold up well in my experience, though I just installed a CF pipe last night so we will see  how it holds up compared to the stainless pipes. 

Nobody has a magic muffler that nets you 10 wheel horsepower. Slip on systems are noise makers and I personally cannot justify spending 600-800-1000$ on a noise maker, not when there's suspension and 8 spoke wheels and bar risers etc out there to buy too. And especially owning more than one bike, I don't have the funds to go balls to the walls on every bike with the highest of high components. I would rather have sticky tires and good suspension and a delkevic pipe than a Staintune and a VFR with stock suspension. 

-PRB

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, PirateRiderBen said:

Delkevics mufflers are built fine for the price point. Comparing it to a 1000$ Ak system is like getting upset your KLR doesn't have the same features that your R1200GS has. 

I'm on my third Delky pipe on 2 different VFRs and they sound okay. They are not Staintunes or Akra's but for the money they sound good. They hold up well in my experience, though I just installed a CF pipe last night so we will see  how it holds up compared to the stainless pipes. 

Nobody has a magic muffler that nets you 10 wheel horsepower. Slip on systems are noise makers and I personally cannot justify spending 600-800-1000$ on a noise maker, not when there's suspension and 8 spoke wheels and bar risers etc out there to buy too. And especially owning more than one bike, I don't have the funds to go balls to the walls on every bike with the highest of high components. I would rather have sticky tires and good suspension and a delkevic pipe than a Staintune and a VFR with stock suspension. 

-PRB

Right on. This is why I was glad the PO of my 6 Gen bought the 2Bros before he traded it in! I used the money I saved for other mods, suspension being one of them, an 8 spoke being another. I'd much rather have a suspension upgrade over spending the same, if not more on an exhaust system. A machine that handles better is much more desirable than one that just sounds "meaner". Of course there are bargains and finds on the forum or eBay that can get you that sound without breaking the bank!

• Member Contributer

Decided to go with a BOS high mount, very satisfied with that decision so far. The sound is similar to the factory can, possibly a bit louder, definitely deeper up to 6K.  Installation was a bit fiddly at the passenger foot peg mounting location, nothing a round file couldn't take care of. The BOS won over the Two Brothers 8th gen can because Two Brothers claimed it wouldn't fit a fifth gen and I didn't want to get stuck with fitment issues. The BOS and Delkevic are the only two 5th gen high mounts that I know of, I preferred the look and fit of the BOS. The BOS customer service are second to none, highly recommended. 

IMG_0001.JPG

• Member Contributer

And a pic showing how tight this can is to the plastic and tire. Was a bit concerned about the can heating up the tire, but after several hours of riding I was able to grab the can without earning a third degree burn, was actually surprised that it wasn't hotter. 

IMG_0004.JPG

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, PirateRiderBen said:

Do they make a shorter can than that?

Might consider one for my other VFR...

That unfortunately is the only "standard" option for fifth gens.  You may consider inquiring about shorter cans with the same flange dimensions to the mid pipe.

There are a couple of low mount Remus cans on EBay for fifth gens, asking a lot though, $450.00

Archived