New Rider Out Of Socal

threerotor

Hey guys!

I'm Chris.

Recently got a 95 VFR 750f with a fuel leak from the carbuerator. Then right after that I was given a 96 VFR 750F. Both have the street fighter look. I like the 96 more since its been painted black, and just appeals more to me.I've been taking parts off of the 95.

Was wondering if everything is interchangeable throughout all 4th Gens??

Ive been reading through this forum and I'm glad i came across it. I look forward to learning more and giving whatever advice I can give! I started on the 750cc as my first bike by the way haha. Ive been driving Manual transmission cars for so long that it was easy to just hop on and go.

Also, the 95 had a KOSO XR-SA speedometer but after looking at other websites and videos on how to hook it up (it was already hooked up) I realized there were no magnets for the front wheel on my 95.. would it still work correctly or no?

Don't know why all the photos I upload go sideways haha. I'm also looking to change out the headlight, its a lot brighter on the 95 than the 96's headlight. Just have to figure out how it was hooked up.

post-33451-0-68699900-1438411314.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard Chris! Good job posting a photo, most would have believed that you had, not only one but two 4 Gens!

As far as the speedometer, the sensor is connected at the counter shaft sprocket. There is a plastic component that can sometimes get damaged and therefore not allow the sensor to rotate and record the RPM properly.

BTW, where in Cal are you located? I'm in the OC.

Cheers

• Member Contributer

Welcome to vfrd from across the pond!

Yes, all 4th gen parts are the same.

early ones may still have lower front fork legs with little drain holes like the 3rd gen.

The download section (top bar) has the 3rd and 4th gen workshop manual. A right rivitting read!!!

Welcome Aboard Chris! Good job posting a photo, most would have believed that you had, not only one but two 4 Gens!

As far as the speedometer, the sensor is connected at the counter shaft sprocket. There is a plastic component that can sometimes get damaged and therefore not allow the sensor to rotate and record the RPM properly.

BTW, where in Cal are you located? I'm in the OC.

Cheers

mm interesting, I see. and I'm currently in the Ventura County area!

Welcome to vfrd from across the pond!

Yes, all 4th gen parts are the same.

early ones may still have lower front fork legs with little drain holes like the 3rd gen.

The download section (top bar) has the 3rd and 4th gen workshop manual. A right rivitting read!!!

Gotcha! Appreciate it bro

• Member Contributer

We have a few members in the Ventura area. A few in Simi Valley and a bunch in the LA and OC areas. Maybe on the next Malibu ride you can meet up with us. Definitely closer to you than our other riding haunts.

Hi Chris, welcome.

All 4G is the same, and there is some interchangeability with 3G. As you get to newer models it gets a little trickier. If you've street-fightered yours you might have some options with wheels and SSS.

I have a few 4G's at home and as they get older and the plastic cracks I'm constantly looking on eBay for replacements while contemplating going the street fighter route.

I split time between OC and IE maybe we'll meet up at some point.

Paul

We have a few members in the Ventura area. A few in Simi Valley and a bunch in the LA and OC areas. Maybe on the next Malibu ride you can meet up with us. Definitely closer to you than our other riding haunts.

I'm down!

Hi Chris, welcome.

All 4G is the same, and there is some interchangeability with 3G. As you get to newer models it gets a little trickier. If you've street-fightered yours you might have some options with wheels and SSS.

I have a few 4G's at home and as they get older and the plastic cracks I'm constantly looking on eBay for replacements while contemplating going the street fighter route.

I split time between OC and IE maybe we'll meet up at some point.

Paul

For sure man! We can meet up sometime definitely.

Welcome and F...

Oops wrong forum. Welcome from the San Fernando Valley.

Good roads, but watch out for the cops in Malibu.

You also have Hwy 33, which rocks for a longer ride. :warranty:

Archived