New To Vfr

cmlease

So i am purchasing a new 2014 VFR this weekend and looking at accessories (since i can't take delivery yet, so i can't go riding...). I'm wondering if anyone has any frame sliders? since this is my first new bike (previous was a ninja 500 with ~28k miles on it when i got it), i'd like to keep it in good shape as long as possible...

Thanks!

Congratulations on the new bike.

I don't have frame sliders on mine, but if I were to put them on, I would use the TRex kit.

http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=562

What I do have is the Tank Slapper protective film. It seems to work good, but install is tedious.

https://thetankslapper.biz/oc/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=601&search=

WELCOME! They don't need much in the way of extras and I don't know anything about the weather in Elkridge (great name for a place, by the way!) but I'd say an extender for that short front fender is pretty much essential. Mine has that, a rear hugger (the Honda one seems to do the business pretty well even though it's not that big) and top radiator guard. Hard luggage if that's your thing, I prefer Bagster tank cover and various sizes of tank bag. Apart from those and a load of stainless/titanium replacement fixings for the salt-laden British winter roads, that's it.

post-13632-0-33590600-1437233828.jpg

Thanks guys! Ill check those out. Next stupid question...extended warrenty? 2500 for 5 yrs and all scheduled maintence...thoughts? (Still waiting to pick it up)

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the advice about the fender extender, just ordered one

Read your post about the radiator guard, the stainless steel one from R&G is more like a 50% blanking plate, so returned for the mesh one in "titanium"

How much is the 16,000 mile service in the U.K?

No idea as I haven't got there yet but from Essex Honda main dealer on my 6th gen (which is basically the same engine of course) a year and a half ago I paid about £625 for oil & filter, air filter, plug change,coolant change, head bearing adjustment, the valve clearance check and replacement of the front camchain tensioner. Obviously more work there than just the service.

so i ordered the T-rex frame/axle sliders, as well as a disc lock alarm, and some semi-generic snakeskin tank pad.

next stupid question - anyone make a full exhaust system yet? or only slip on's? I'm coming from the car mod world (my car is an '09 G8 that i've modded a decent bit), so if i'm off on terminology, please let me know.

also, has anyone tried using ceramic coating on the exhaust system to help w/ some of the heat near the right leg?

There is a substantial thread on here for slip-ons...search for Aftermarket Pipes For Gen 8. So far, there aren't any full systems yet...that we know of.

Hey guys, I'm new here. 2013 VFR1200FD with 4000 trouble free miles. Now brakes are beginning to act up.

Any thoughts?

For this you might want to try the 7th generation VFR forum (VFR1200), the 8th generation is the new VFR800F.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the T-Rex sliders as well. I bought the full kit which includes the main sliders along with the front fork and rear puck. Installation was a breeze, and I think they looks quite nice on the bike (I especially like that the main sliders have the VFR logo). The main slider mounts with three bolts, and I have no doubt it will do well in a moderate speed low-side. I've seen too many single bolt sliders break on impact (not on my bikes mind you!) leaving the fairings trashed.

The only thing the sliders won't protect is the luggage. I've yet to see a rear cage setup for the VFR, but if you don't have luggage the T-Rex setup will serve you well.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the T-Rex sliders as well. I bought the full kit which includes the main sliders along with the front fork and rear puck. Installation was a breeze, and I think they looks quite nice on the bike (I especially like that the main sliders have the VFR logo).

Could you upload a few photos of them? I've been looking for a set and these seem to be the only ones on the market which don't require a cut.

Thanks mate.

I have the T-Rex sliders as well. I bought the full kit which includes the main sliders along with the front fork and rear puck. Installation was a breeze, and I think they looks quite nice on the bike (I especially like that the main sliders have the VFR logo).

Could you upload a few photos of them? I've been looking for a set and these seem to be the only ones on the market which don't require a cut.

Thanks mate.

Here's some pics of them on my VFR. They're definitely nice and beefy.

post-32513-0-64053200-1440914481.jpgpost-32513-0-19045100-1440914581.jpgpost-32513-0-09216200-1440914592.jpgpost-32513-0-15412200-1440914607.jpg

Archived