Official Made It Home Safe Thread!

Left the Microtel @ 5:30am ET sat morning. Got home a 8:15pm CT sat eve.

Judy and I had a great time again!

Big thanks to BR and Andrea for organizing the event.

Hopefully I'll be able to stay for the banquet next time! :beer:

• Member Contributer

yarp

Glad to see you made it home safely Coleslaw!

Too bad you had to work and leave us early. Hope to see you at the next event in your area!

Ellen and I are home safe. Made it back late Monday evening. 1,545 miles on the truck and six days of riding with 1805 miles on the 1200. Surprisingly good weather, good roads, good riding, good event, good people....great time! AGAIN!!!!

Sure hope you can make it to AR hog tie and chase us around the Ozarks. I guarantee some good roads/riding and probably a barbecue on Saturday nite. And if you want to experience some homegrown moonshine I suspect there could be some available.

Speaking of bbq, you should come on down tonite. When we got home last nite we realized the freezer door had been left cracked open and about half of the meat had thawed. Doh! Last nite we fried up 2 pounds of meat candy(bacon). So tonite we are grilling 6 ribeyes, 4 pork butterfly steaks, 8 chicken breasts and some link sausage. . Woo Hoo!

• Member Contributer

The Girl and I made it home safe after lunch at the trendy Tapoco Lodge with the Carver Clan, Capt Ape, 007. Got within one mile of the house and it rained as hard as it can rain but I dodged the parked cars and made it home while 007 and TG waited under an overpass. Then, because 9 straight days of riding wasn't enough, we rode NC mountain roads with 007 and PirateriderBen and ultimately ended up in Asheville yesterday. Did a late afternoon run with Rick from Cogent Dynamics while he tested one of my bikes and we got dumped on with a hard rain; dude hardly slowed down, great fun, giggling the whole time.

Had dinner in Asheville and The Girl and I rode through a terrible rain storm with the Semis on I-40 all the way to Knoxville. Home feels good

• Member Contributer

Arrived home safe 7:00pm this evening.

2830 miles, 8 deer ( 6 dead, 2 crossing in front of me ) 0 tickets.

Day one I got a little wet on the BRP , but was still amazing. Got off somewhere around Boone for gas and enjoyed some of the roads in the area before stopping for the night in Wytheville.

Day two, found my new favorite road in Virginia. It's called Wolf Creek Rd #61, 20 miles of freshly paved sweepers. Spent the rest of the day on 219 passing through West Virginia, another great road.

Day three Pennsylvania and New York, temperatures in the 50's and some drizzle. I would have wore my heated gear if I had it. Once I made it through the maple curtain it was sunny and in the 70's all the way home.

All I can say is wow!

Great roads,

Great people,

Great time!

• Forum CEO

Home last night at 9pm after a 750 mile day slabbing it across Kansas. 3627.7 miles from my garage to NC and back, 47778 miles on the odometer now. The two most frequent questions people asked me at Tmac!

11287403_10206876002757757_70402498_n.jp

Archived