Laguna Seca

duccmann

• 2 weeks later...

I'm blown away theres not more then two, really one responce since Duc2V4 and I are goin together.

Oh well your loss, if ya caught Sundays WSB you'll know what I talkin about. Plus we have to show support for MotoAmerica.

I used to go every year, a couple times twice in the same year.

Maybe 20 race weekends over the years. Many good times.

Last time was 2011. I felt burned out with the crowds, the traffic,

and most of all the tripling and quadrupling of motel prices for the weekend.

It had become a $1,000 3 day weekend. :wacko:

Been there, done that, got the autographed T shirts from Rainey and Doohan. :beer:

So, the last 3 years I used my time off and money to get on a plane,

and visit my 3 grandsons who moved east with their Mom and Dad.

This year I am planning to up my game and ride to see them in Arkansas.

So, Laguna Seca is out for me this year. One of these years I'll go back.

I'm sure you guys will have a great time. :beer:

• Member Contributer

I'll be riding in from Tucson with a buddy that is flying down from Alaska. Will be there all 3 days. Looking forward to it! First time there, pointers are appreciated.

• Member Contributer

I'll be riding in from Tucson with a buddy that is flying down from Alaska. Will be there all 3 days. Looking forward to it! First time there, pointers are appreciated.

Which way will you be taking from AZ? Quite possible we can meet up on the road. As far as pointers, it's been a while since I've been there, so I'm afraid I'm at the mercy of others for suggestions as well.

• Member Contributer

Haven't got the route figured out yet, but I'll let you know when we do. All I know right now is I am looking for the twistiest lines I can find from southern California to Laguna seca. Have 3 days to get there, planning on making the most of it.

• Member Contributer

Haven't got the route figured out yet, but I'll let you know when we do. All I know right now is I am looking for the twistiest lines I can find from southern California to Laguna seca. Have 3 days to get there, planning on making the most of it.

Twisty routes huh? I'll see if I can throw some ideas your way. I did some riding up in Central Cal a few times this year already and can say there are plenty of twisty roads you can take.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Getting closer...just received my ticket in the mail yesterday. I haven't forgotten about the routes festertruck, I've been on/off the road lately and side tracked with life's other activities.

• Member Contributer

Route is planned. I'll post it in the next few days. Picked up a couple of sena 20s's for the trip. Looking forward to it to seeing how they work. Would be nice to meet anyone that is attending. Pm me and I can send phone number for texts, etc. We are doing the lap of Laguna, anyone else?

• Member Contributer

Route is planned. I'll post it in the next few days. Picked up a couple of sena 20s's for the trip. Looking forward to it to seeing how they work. Would be nice to meet anyone that is attending. Pm me and I can send phone number for texts, etc. We are doing the lap of Laguna, anyone else?

Probably too late but thought I throw these routes at you. There are a ton more but these I am pretty familiar with.

Highway 126 + Highway 150 + Highway 33

http://tinyurl.com/posjxxy

Highway 33 + 166 West + 1 North

http://tinyurl.com/qy5v2yv

Highway 33 + 166 East + 58 West

http://tinyurl.com/oxcausp

Highway 33 + 166 East + 58/41 West + 1 North

http://tinyurl.com/orxlkod

• Member Contributer

+1 on 33-166-58. Great route, has everything a motorcyclist wants. After the 58, drone up the 101 and then finish with Carmel Valley Road into Monterrey.

Way back, cut over to Hollister and take 25 south to 198. Left on 198 for 200 feet then take Peach Tree Trail/indian Valley Road. This puts you back on 101 at San Miguel. 101S to 58 again, to 166 and then to Frazier Park Cerro Noroeste Rd. All great roads.

• Member Contributer

From my trip up the coast two weekends ago, police presence was minimal. I think I saw two from SLO to SF? And no Ka. Of course, they weren't looking for you hooligans . . .

I'll be there after lunch on Saturday. I think I've PM'd everyone on this thread.

Wearing a Ducati t-shirt while riding a Honda makes you a/an ___________.

• Member Contributer

+1 on 33-166-58. Great route, has everything a motorcyclist wants. After the 58, drone up the 101 and then finish with Carmel Valley Road into Monterrey.

Way back, cut over to Hollister and take 25 south to 198. Left on 198 for 200 feet then take Peach Tree Trail/indian Valley Road. This puts you back on 101 at San Miguel. 101S to 58 again, to 166 and then to Frazier Park Cerro Noroeste Rd. All great roads.

Oh yeah, Highway 25 is a great road! Had a blast there back in April. Like I said, there are tons of other roads out there to be ridden!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived