Shopping For 7Th Gen, Exhaust Question

VFROr

One of the bikes (2010 DCT - 650 mi) I'm considering buying has a Two Bros slip-on already installed. The dealer doesn't know if it has been re-flashed or not.

Are there any conderns re: altered exhaust with no re-programming of ECU? Running lean etc. or does the stock mapping compensate?

Also looking at a new 2010 with manual transmission and a new 2013 DCT, at a different dealer but they are priced much higher than the used bike, so many decisions :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Well I don't like Two Mothers because most of their cans are generic and they don't do any testing with the particular bike. Just made to fit.

As far as your question, a can won't make a difference either way. You can check to see if the cat has been removed, or cut off (We call it decatting here) and stainless steel welded in its' place. If the cat is there (99% chance) then no worries whatsoever. It would only be a concern if the cat had been removed. SO yes, the stock ECU can easily compensate for just a slip-on. It's a small change.

I agree with leanit that there will be no worries, but Two Brothers did test the can for the VFR1200. They even posted video's of them Dynotuning the 1200. That being said, Two Bros will very often just make a pipe to fit a bike and re-use the can on several bikes. They all do that if they have pipe and can seperate though.

2Bro wouldn't be my first choice, but mine came with a Titanium M5. Other than the anodized fasteners fading out a bit, I'm pretty impressed with the quality, fit and finish. Repack kits are readily available, and I've already done it once. VFR1200 has a lambda sensor and runs closed loop, so it should have enough leeway to compensate for the slip-on. That's stock, of course. Not sure what the Guhl reflash does.

I would hazard a guess that very few aftermarket design exhaust cans specific for every single application they offer. Most often, they determine what style and length from their collection of cans might fit a bike's engine performance envelop best, then run dyno session to confirm. Those rare few that actually custom build cans for a single bike will likely be high dollar, and I have no need or budget for that sort of thing.

Mine run fine, both stock length and shortened.

https://youtu.be/qS3aRHXDnlg

http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/Dyno_Charts/dyno_2010_hon_vfr1200_SO.pdf

Checked it out and it's very nice, They are hanging a sold sign on it while I go drum up a ride back to the shop. Got a very, very good deal I think.

pic from dealer website :cool:

FzZfk9.jpg

You done did well. I just bought a Corbin seat, too.

still amazes me a bike with this level of refinement and performance can be gotten almost brand new for $7k.

• Member Contributer

Damn it. $7100? I paid $9500 OTD a little over a year ago for my "new" 2010 DCT. Yes, you got a great bike at a great price! We'll be waiting to hear your opinion on the DCT. I see you have clutch bikes too, so your comments will be interesting and relevant. There is a bunch of discourse about the DCT on this forum if you search. Congrats.

You done did well. I just bought a Corbin seat, too.

still amazes me a bike with this level of refinement and performance can be gotten almost brand new for $7k.

I'm anxious to try out the Corbin, just tossed it in the back seat of the wife's car for the trip home. Of course I'm eager to get it out on the road period, only the trip across the city in rush hour traffic so far.

It was a very good deal, but nothing else remotely close to this in the 3 Honda dealerships I checked with. MotoCorsa Ducati had taken this bike in and they were great to deal with, friendliest service I've ran across in a long while.

I may be too ill to work tomorrow :tour:

Was that OTD?! If so, man you are one hell of a haggler! I got mine for $7,023. That way it came to $7,500 OTD and I thought I was a thief!

$7100 + DMV = $7270 OTD. No haggling really, I emailed about the bike, they said they had an offer of 7100 but no deposit, I said I'd match that with cash, they said alrighty then.

As usual, work is completely interfering with my fun, don't know when I'll get to squeeze in some riding.

Finally got a chance to take this bike for a spin (even though I was supposed to be helping my wife prep for a trip). Sweet Jeebus I absolutely loved the handling, the way it looks, the way it sounds, and the awesome freaking engine. Paddle shifting the bad boy is a hoot, laughing in my helmet most of the day :biggrin: Need to get some proper luggage, maybe a peg lowering kit, possibly Helibars, pretty comfy just the way it is though.

IfX3rB.jpg

nO2HxW.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'd be crying myself to sleep if I had those roads to ride on a regular basis.

Well, I don't know about the west coast, but here at home, a drive near the ocean usually means cleaning the bike afterwards to get the salt off.

So, it's not all fun times...

:biggrin:

I'd be crying myself to sleep if I had those roads to ride on a regular basis.

Well, I don't know about the west coast, but here at home, a drive near the ocean usually means cleaning the bike afterwards to get the salt off.

So, it's not all fun times...

:biggrin:

I'll trade you... :(

https://goo.gl/maps/rj0sM

• Member Contributer

I bought a 2 Bros Carbon Black can DynoJet is in Las Vegas and mine was the 1st 2012 in vegas and they did the MAP from my bike. 157 at the rear and 89 tq.....so, it works, and sounds great.

post-25378-0-84811600-1431125267.jpg

Archived