A New Door Opens, A Vf500Fii

keny

• Member Contributer

Keny noticed that the licence plate holder has been painted over and we could make out the name of the dealership 2 miles from my house. :goofy:

So as V4 Rosso and Keny went upstairs to oggle and fondle the NR, I had a chat with the service manager who looked up the service history.

Showed that the bike 1st came in in 2003 for regular service and a new front tire. That must have been the Meztler ME33 that is still on the VF!

(wonder why they didnot change the 1998 rear, but hey, it held up ok!)

Just one more service was recorded, the bike was never in for needing something repaired or fixed.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But now I have the cure for the old tires, as I got these today

post-880-0-78919900-1431084472.jpgpost-880-0-78919900-1431084472.jpg

• Member Contributer

aaahh.... fresh rubbers for a prolonged hard ride....... can't beat it! :cool:

PS you can update your "in my garage" now.....

PS you can update your "in my garage" now.....

:blush2: Updated......

Tires mounted, needed zero weights! Actually just needed to remove the old weights from the front wheel. So good quality on the Bridgestone BT45s! I was first for to get Metzeler Larestecs, but got these locally so got them. So far happy, and had a short shakedown (I know Dutchy, I told it will not be ridden until in Finnish plates...), feels nice! But the bike is struggling for fuel as about 10l is used of it. lean it to the left and it keep on going. Time to take off the tank and its fuel tap...

• Member Contributer

You still have Dutch plates and insurance cover so ride all you like.

Any speeding tickets coming to my home address I will send on to you :-)

• Member Contributer

aaahh.... fresh rubbers for a prolonged hard ride....... can't beat it! :cool:

Totally agree! Always buy in pairs in case one bursts. :wink:

Have not had time to work on the bike, but one step closer to having a Finnish license plate, the toll quote is paid. Tomorrow will be the day I get the license plate!

• Member Contributer

And the seller agreed to contribute to the "this bike needs a proper chain" fund :beer:

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

I have a Finnish licens plate for my VF500!

:wheel:

• Member Contributer

What a great read,well done Keny,that was a hell of an adventure,good luck with the bike,don't know how you managed that trip without heated grips.must be the Viking blood :biggrin:

So Dutchy no longer gets your speeding tickets :wacko:

You know if you have a job where you need your drivers license or you loose your job, you don´t risk that much becorse 3 tickets a year or 4 in 2 years and I would be whit out a drive license and job.....so no speeding tickets for me or Dutchy(of the VF500)....to this day....I depereatly need a new spedo cabel! But at moment I recover from a sinus operation I had yesterday.............

• Member Contributer

! But at moment I recover from a sinus operation I had yesterday.............

cocaine-scarface-tbi.jpeg

:goofy:

I will buy that for $1000 USD and pay for shipping! that looks immaculate! meanwhile I am trying to thin out my herd of bikes! but really incredible find.

• Member Contributer

Well, if a 5th gen is giving your back grief, you should not be looking at this baby.... :goofy:

So Dutchy no longer gets your speeding tickets :wacko:

You know if you have a job where you need your drivers license or you loose your job, you don´t risk that much becorse 3 tickets a year or 4 in 2 years and I would be whit out a drive license and job.....so no speeding tickets for me or Dutchy(of the VF500)....to this day....I depereatly need a new spedo cabel! But at moment I recover from a sinus operation I had yesterday.............

So far riding together with Dutchy, i am the only lucky bastard to get a speeding ticket, Dutchy also visible on the same picture runs free the lucky b.......

• Member Contributer

Yeah Bert,

we used you as sacrificial lamb for the police wolfs........ :goofy:

tr5119.jpg

I will buy that for $1000 USD and pay for shipping! that looks immaculate! meanwhile I am trying to thin out my herd of bikes! but really incredible find.

Well immaculate is a bit overkill (as usually pics make all seem nicer), but its sure a clean bike whit a few signs of usage. Sorry, not for sale!

An update, as I did spend a few hours in the garage.

The speedo cable snapped is confirm, a good new as I only need a new cable, bad new is no shop in Finland has it in stock! Well there is one on the way....

post-880-0-26064300-1431945027.jpgpost-880-0-26064300-1431945027.jpg

So I did undress my lady :biggrin:

post-880-0-44170400-1431945104.jpgpost-880-0-44170400-1431945104.jpg

And as I did take off the Dutch register plate holder, a sign of where the bike has been before Dutch soil (as it was first registred as Dutch bike in 1994) came out

post-880-0-81368700-1431945229.jpgpost-880-0-81368700-1431945229.jpg

So it has been a Swiss bike as new....

• Member Contributer

Possibly! You can sometimes tell from the frame number where the bike was originally sold, but you may have to put together a bunch of clues and make your best guess. Swiss models were often significantly different than other European models (e.g., Swiss laws forced the RC30 to be delivered with a single headlight!) and were often emissions restricted as well. It would be useful to know the bike's origin in case you need to order parts in the future.

Ciao,

Possibly! You can sometimes tell from the frame number where the bike was originally sold, but you may have to put together a bunch of clues and make your best guess. Swiss models were often significantly different than other European models (e.g., Swiss laws forced the RC30 to be delivered with a single headlight!) and were often emissions restricted as well. It would be useful to know the bike's origin in case you need to order parts in the future.

Ciao,

According to info from a other site, its possible by the frame number its a Swiss bike, but could as well be a bike from any other region of Europe but Spain.... The Swiss VF500FII has different Carb. ID from the rest of European market bikes, so can be some restriction, but it still has 52kw power, so same as claimed full power. So rise a question if someone has worked on Swiss ground and did bring a bike there to get it toll free? (don´t know if other countrys has that policity, but Finland had, until this year) The seller, as small bike shop, clam to Dutchy that the bike is a Dutch spec bike.

And the Finnish bikes of early 80´s also has strange restrictions for headlights so all official VF1000R and CBX750F had single headlights in Finland, Law changed in 1987 I recall so the bike could have 2 headlights but only low beam in one of them.

Archived