Loose Licence Plate Light... How To Tighten?

marriedman

The part that the lens attached to is loose, but I don't see a way to tighten it. The service manual shows an exploded view, but I still don't see what holds it on.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

post-25220-14144475168506.jpg

• Member Contributer

Looks like there is kinda sneaky way of doing it.

taillightattachedjpg.jpg

Look at screw 39 and you see that it attaches bracket 21 to the back of the housing 23.

So it looks like you have to take it apart further before you can tighten things up.

- It may come in from the backside of the fendor too.

Dunno if this is just for USA thing or North America models, but you could remove both the extension pieces 23 and 24. Bolt the license plate and the license plate light assembly directly on the plastic "fender".

• Member Contributer

Them panniers have more volume than that black bin? :unsure::goofy:

As for #39, put a litte dab of blue Loc-tite on the thread and tighten.

If I recall correctly, there is a bolt or two on the back side of the fender... I just removed the extension (#23) since it was loose when I bought the bike. Since the extension is gone, I removed the the license plate bracket since it's only there for the reflectors and bolted the plate to the fender.

The whole project didn't cost anything as I was able to put the whole thing back together with no extra parts. The project just takes some creative thinking.

IMG_20130731_154009_zpsfcdf9f9bjpgorigin

Archived