Decision Made....

Skids

• Member Contributer

.....a VFR1200 DCT, 2012 onwards model will be populating my garage soon. I'm just awaiting the final stage of the sale of my old house and there's enough left over for a bike. I'd thought about buying new but sod's law would have either the 2015 or more likely the 2016 model with some major changes so I'm going to buy second-hand then wait & see.

Test rode an 11-plate DCT today, mainly for Mrs Skids to add her seal of approval of the pillion, which she duly did although she is concerned that the footpegs are a bit higher than my 6th Gen but a friend of hers has assured her that you get used to it. The test also reminded me of my initial impressions of both the 1200F and the DCT when I test rode them both when they first came out. An absolute stonker of a bike.

Some definite changes to the bike will be mirror extenders, a hugger, front fender extender and a power lead for my sat nav. We're going to see how comfy the seat is before committing to a replacement (Custom Motorcycle Seats of Coventry); the 11-plate we tried today had a seat you could go ice-skating on, it was so slippery. A Dam exhaust is also likely, though I do love the looks of the Competition Werkes one, though I think the international postage and import duty could put it out of reach financially.

I have my eye on a 4-month old black one with full luggage, centre stand, heated grips & only 1700 miles; hopefully it wont sell before I can commit.

Pics to come when the deal is done!

• Member Contributer

Decision made delayed. :mad:

Buyer further down the chain pulled out so my buyers cannot complete the purchase of my property. Probably means I'll lose the deal on the '14 bike.

Proper angry I am.

• Member Contributer

Proper angry I am.

Bummer it is. Find another VFR1200 you will. :cool:

Probably, but it was such a good deal and a perfect bike.

• Member Contributer

There is not a handful

but a land full......

What is for you

will not go past you

• Member Contributer

There is not a handful

but a land full......

What is for you

will not go past you

Thanks m8. :beer:

Another development.....they've found a buyer for the house of the people who are buying mine and as most of the legal work has already been completed, it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to complete the sale.

Fingers crossed.

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Update:

Been watching the market for a few months now; there's no hurry, I'm not planning to ride it over the winter anyway.

Have spotted a very low mileage late-2014 1200F with the GT Pack at a decent price. The dealer has moved it to my local franchise and I'm going to look at it on Saturday.

It's not the DCT that I wanted, but that isn't a deal-breaker for me; what's more important is getting a 1200 at the right price, and this is.

Will let you know.

• Member Contributer

It's intriguing how big the VFR looks in pictures compared to real life.

Same with my wife's behind.... :-)

• Member Contributer

It's intriguing how big the VFR looks in pictures compared to real life.

Same with my wife's behind.... :-)

Haha, yr only saying that because she can't view the site!

• Member Contributer

I am silly

not stupid... :-)

on topic

The VFR1200 is a great bike, go for it

• Member Contributer

I want a new bike and this one is worth accepting the 2nd-hand tag for the low mileage and price.

Archived