Bar Riser Blocks Aka Handle Adjuster Plate 08R70Mjmd10

MotoPumps

When I picked up my VFR800FD, I asked the dealer to order a set of the bar riser blocks. $119.95 seemed a bit steep, but I did it anyway.

They came in last week and here are a couple of shots of them.

smugshot_2651921-X2.jpg

smugshot_5822875-X2.jpg

I am working with a local machine shop to make additional sets and anodize them to match the bronze color, although not much is visible when on the bike...

I am pretty sure I can offer them at about half of what Honda is charging.

Any interest out there?

Rob

• Member Contributer

Simply copying is intellectual theft imho. Now, if you would offer an improved version in the FOR SALE section, that would be better I reckon.

Especially since you run a commercial business.

It looks in the pics as if those pieces are anodized or coated, but in what color exactly?? The top pic looks as if it could have been a rough color match.

Those pics are the actual Honda blocks in the factory color that is the same as the wheels/engine covers/handlebars.

• Member Contributer

It looks in the pics as if those pieces are anodized or coated, but in what color exactly?? The top pic looks as if it could have been a rough color match.

Those pics are the actual Honda blocks in the factory color that is the same as the wheels/engine covers/handlebars.

OK. Somewhere I had read that the risers weren't color-matched. Apparently that is wrong!

Simply copying is intellectual theft imho. Now, if you would offer an improved version in the FOR SALE section, that would be better I reckon.

Especially since you run a commercial business.

Thanks Dutchy- I understand and share your concern. In fact, I spend my days defending IP at Cornell University. Theft of IP is a serious issue.

I doubt even Honda would consider what amounts to a spacer to be IP. In addition, Honda has no patents on this piece. Yes, I have checked. Yes, I know patents and IP are separate issues...

At any rate, since functional improvements are really not possible, anodizing vs painting of the stock part will be an improvement, as it is more durable. In addition, I am going to be including stainless hardware to replace the rust-prone stock pieces. I will be testing a slightly thicker/taller version as well.

Rob

• Member Contributer

When I picked up my VFR800FD, I asked the dealer to order a set of the bar riser blocks. $119.95 seemed a bit steep, but I did it anyway.

I am pretty sure I can offer them at about half of what Honda is charging.

As soon as I saw the $119.95 price tag --- my thoughts exactly....

• 1 month later...
MotoPumps VFR Billet Bar Rises for '14 & '15 VFR800 now available in three heights:

.6" Low Height $69.99

btn_cart_LG.gif

.95" Medium Height $74.99

btn_cart_LG.gif

1.25" High Height $79.99

btn_cart_LG.gif

• 4 weeks later...

:cool:

Glad to hear it!

Got some great feedback from a rider in Austin TX. He had a set of the .6" Honda risers and purchased my 1.25" risers and swapped them out. Very happy with the extra height and said the Honda ones are now relegated to paperweights on his desk.

Now to contain my desire to ride the VFR until spring in Upstate NY. :mad:

Here is some nice national press from Motorcycle.com featuring my risers.

I found that with a taller shield, using a Givi right now, the taller risers are great for my old back.

Long-Term2014HondaInterceptor-1305-633x3

"The MotoPumps’ 1.25 in. riser relaxes the rider’s upper body and lessens the forward lean of the torso.

Compare my head location relative to the garage door to seen how much my riding position has been adjusted."

Per Evans suggestion:

MotoPumps VFR Billet Bar Rises for '14 & '15 VFR800 now available in three heights:

.6" Low Height $69.99

btn_cart_LG.gif

.95" Medium Height $74.99

btn_cart_LG.gif

1.25" High Height $79.99

btn_cart_LG.gif

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

Quite fancy a set of these, however shipping to the UK is bringing it up to oem Honda prices alas.

• 2 months later...

Archived