New To Vfr's - Sydney Australia

Guest Shaunus

G'day all,

New guy from Sydney, Australia. Have just got my hands on a 2006 VFR800Fi and quite enjoying things so far.

I also have a ST1100ABS 2001 in the shed. The VFR feels like a flea in comparison, a nimble little thing. :)

The VFR will be my daily commute for the foreseeable future. It is a nice little bike.

Good to meet you all! :)

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from the northern hemisphere!!

Don't be shy and post a picture of your bike(s) :-)

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. We're going to need pics of your alleged machine to prove you are not a figment of our imagination.

Yes yes, I understand completely :P

Let's see...

ST1100

Here it is posing. Actually, it was part of a game on another forum where you had to pose the bike in front of something, give a clue and everyone had to guess the item. I think in that photo the word was "pillar"

IMG_00000157.jpg

Here it is all packed up for a tour. The dog carrier is the green thing on the back seat. It was incredible how much I could pack for a camping trip, and how many comfortable km could be done.

IMG_00000372.jpg

Ok, so the VFR, new toy...

IMG_20140924_141824.jpg

IMG_20140924_154638.jpg

IMG_20140924_154605.jpg

• Member Contributer

That's better. They are beauts. I've never heard of bringing a dog touring & camping on a mc. What a luck dog!

I knew a guy called Sydney Bridge.. Certainly decked out for touring Shaunus, Way the weather is going at the moment it seems you will get to do plenty of it. Although I suspect it would make SFA to you.

• Member Contributer

And on the ST1100 ofcourse!

The ABS warning light came on on my brother's (100k kms), it was not the sensor (or main fuse) but the pumps itself were broken/stuck.
Rather that paying a zillion euro for 2 new ones (that have oil inside just as old), we found a small repair shop that will refurbish them (in Belgium).

so should you ever....................

Archived