Ok, This Is A Strange Coincidence!

Dave Nichols

• Member Contributer

This afternoon, ( Sunday, 9/14/14 ) at about 5:00 PM, I was driving, trailer in tow, to possibly buy another 01 VFR . I figured if owning one is nice, then two should be nicer. I was headed east on Route 84 in Southeastern, NY state, about 10 miles from Newburgh, NY. A beige Chevy passed me and that's when I noticed the personalized license plate that read: VFRPILOT. I took it as an omen and bought the bike. ( of course, the late season price also swayed me ) I am curious if the vehicle belongs to a member here. Rubber side down, Dave

• Member Contributer

its very possible the driver is a pilot how flys by vfr.. and not a vfr bike..

Visual flight rules

The VFR pilot is required to "see and avoid" obstacles and other aircraft. Pilots flying under VFR assume responsibility for their separation from all other aircraft and are generally not assigned routes or altitudes by air traffic control (ATC).

Visual flight rules

The VFR pilot is required to "see and avoid" obstacles and other aircraft. Pilots flying under VFR assume responsibility for their separation from all other aircraft and are generally not assigned routes or altitudes by air traffic control (ATC).

from a former ZDC controller, very well put my friend. One other rule they must abide by is that they have a flight ceiling of 17000 feet

• Member Contributer

Damn, I did not think about an actual airplane pilot. That was probably the case. I would have bought the bike anyway for the price, condition, and extras. I did think of the members' list, but of those 5 with a " pilot " in their handle, ( only some had their location noted ) nobody seemed close enough. It was at least a beige Chevy pick up. ( LOL ) Now, I'm beginning to see some sweet looking 5 th generations starting to pop up for what I consider very fair prices. One Y2k model in particular, looks inviting with only 4000 miles, Corbin seat with smuggler, and some other goodies. My wife's patience is nearing an end, though, so I think it will be wise to refrain from buying another at least until I sell a couple of bikes to make more room.

• Member Contributer

Visual flight rules

from a former ZDC controller, very well put my friend. One other rule they must abide by is that they have a flight ceiling of 17000 feet

TYS here .

Looks like your little Cessnas and prop planes can only go to about 14,000 feet from my search,

so a 17,000 foot limit is no problem for them. :lurk:

Archived