New To Me 05 Vfr

Guest dlamarcus1234

Guest dlamarcus1234

Just picked this thing up a week ago and have been loving every moment of it. It's in excellent shape and has 23k miles on it. I am in the process of changing out all the fluids, and chain/ sprockets. I love this thing! I just came off a FZ1. Can't wait to do some long trips on it!

post-31125-0-60643000-1408638254.jpg

• Member Contributer

Yep, luv my '07. The swiss army knife of bikes :cool: ... have ~28K on my girl as well. Just put 990 mi on her last weekend on a AL -> NC -> AL round trip :biggrin: ...

ACE

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond where we love our VFRs too! :beer:

Thanks! Glad to be a VFR owner. Biggest difference is the seaton position which will be fixed when I install my helibars. Big pluses include smoother motor and no more buzzyness when on the highway and a fairing that actually works! The VFR is a little down on power but who really needs all of that anyways?

The VFR is a little down on power

Just dial in a few more RPMs. :warranty:

It's not a beast, but it has plenty of get up and go. :happy2:

• Member Contributer

Thanks! Glad to be a VFR owner. Biggest difference is the seaton position which will be fixed when I install my helibars. Big pluses include smoother motor and no more buzzyness when on the highway and a fairing that actually works! The VFR is a little down on power but who really needs all of that anyways?

Were you on the FZ1 forum? Your name seems familiar!

I had an FZ1 as well, a few bikes ago. I agree with the lack of power being noticeable; 6th gear passes with my FZ were a piece of cake but I find myself dropping two gears on the VFR to make progress.

Overall, though, the VFR is vastly superior to my first gen FZ1. It's my favourite bike of all now.

Archived