My Little Girl Loves This

rigger4343

My little girl loves it when I bring what ever my current bike is into the house, she thinks her old man is a little nuts too I think.

It has been raining a good bit everyday, the humidity has been way up and so have the temps. Really wanted to do some good detail cleaning on the bike but didn't really feel like doing it in my hot garage. So through the sliding back door she came! My girlfriend is still in Russia and she is going to love this picture when she sees it.

post-28936-0-01426700-1405884293.jpg

• Member Contributer

It's really handy sometimes. I used to work on my Yamaha in the kitchen where there was the most room and the floor wouldn't get damaged. Oh yeah, I was single at the time. LOL

• Member Contributer

I have always thought that the qualities of my VFRs were significantly better than a wife. They are always willing, will perform anything you demand from them within their power to do so, and they never have a headache! let the roasting begin! :goofy:

That would go over here at my house like a fart in church..

My wife always says I rub on my. VFR more then her.

Hey rigger...did you make those sliders...if not where did you get them?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

I remember my when buddy Doug in Calgary was 18 (I was 16 at the time) and he wanted to bring his bike inside over the winter to do a valve adjust on his 1987 Kawasaki GPZ1000. His mom at first said over her dead body. They came to a compromise and she said OK providing she couldn't see, smell, or hear him doing it. One weekend when his mom went away with some friends we took the bike in the patio door at the back of the house, pushed it through the kitchen and down a ramp of 2x12's (they were nailed through the carpet so his mom wouldn't notice the tire marks on the light beige carpeting) on the basement stairs and then into his bedroom in the basement. His mom refused to go into Doug's room so it worked out perfectly. Funniest thing was that his mom never noticed the bike was in his room until we moved it out the following spring. Doug made a motorcycle platform for it out of wood and some custom metal brackets that attached to the center stand pivots and had the platform on rubber wheeled casters. The bike fit perfectly in his closet with the handle bars, mirrors and exhaust removed (they were stored outside in his shed beside the house. Doug worked on it whenever he had the chance and when he finished, he pushed it into the closet and shut the doors. Out of sight, and out of mind.

Getting the bike out of the basement required a feat of engineering but we did it. His mom came home earlier than expected the day we chose to take it out and we caught red handed with the bike at the top of the stairs. She had a totally dumbfounded look on her face when Doug said "Mom, just RELAX, it will be out of the house in a half hour at most." "Besides," Doug said, "damned bike has been in my bedroom since October and you never even noticed."

Doug's dad knew it was there and every so often his dad would go down and give him a hand, or I would go over to his place and help. His mom rarely ever went in to his room because it was such a mess it drove her crazy, and she told him that if he couldn't keep his room clean the he should close the door so at least she didn't have to look at it.

Worked out really well.

Those sliders were on the bike when I bought it so not sure where they came from.

I know I have a wonderful woman in my life. Now that I think about it, she is a lot like my VFR!

They are both rather good looking.

I like to rub on both of them.

I like to wash both of them.

They are both always fun to be around.

They both always preform to the best of their capabilities.

They both love the turns. (The "turns" thing is certainly and inside thing between her and me :goofy:)

They almost never have a headache but even when she does, she still preforms well.

And they both make me very happy!

Very nice pic, wish I could do the same.

That would go over here at my house like a fart in church..

My wife always says I rub on my. VFR more then her.

Hey rigger...did you make those sliders...if not where did you get them?

I believe they are t Rex no cut sliders

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

In 1969 I bought a used Honda 350 Scrambler. When I moved out of the house the next year, to a questionable neighborhood, I kept it in the kitchen. Luckly my two roommates were sympathetic.

I wasn't about to leave her outside when I stayed the night in Albequerque. The locals had stolen TVs from the Motel 6 I stayed at on San Mateo, so in comes my bike.

post-25798-0-09923000-1405976833.jpg

Its been a nice afternoon in the house with the VFR in the living room. Watching TV and cleaning old wax out of all the little cracks from the PO.

I wonder why a lot of women freak out over something like bringing the bike into the house? It just doesn't seem like that big of deal to me. Its a nice bike, it looks nice in the living room. You know how some women complain about their guy spending time in the garage working on their bike and not spending time with them? Well this solves that issue. The guy gets to spend time with both of them at the same time! That seems like good logic to me.

• Member Contributer

Its been a nice afternoon in the house with the VFR in the living room. Watching TV and cleaning old wax out of all the little cracks from the PO.

I wonder why a lot of women freak out over something like bringing the bike into the house? It just doesn't seem like that big of deal to me. Its a nice bike, it looks nice in the living room. You know how some women complain about their guy spending time in the garage working on their bike and not spending time with them? Well this solves that issue. The guy gets to spend time with both of them at the same time! That seems like good logic to me.

By George, I think he has something here!!! I'm gonna put my bike in the entertainment room, right next to my wife's sewing table. Might even ask her to stitch a nice fitted bike cover while I'm at it..................

Got the last of detail stuff done to mine last night while watching TV. Looks much better without all the little white specs of old wax. Most people never even noticed that stuff but I did. It is nice doing little detail things like that in the AC. It seems as though I have much more patience for the little detail things like that when I don't have sweat dripping off of me.

And by the way.... I love that white and black color combo. I have always really liked the dark silver color but I think I like that white and black better now. If I ever lay my down and need to repaint, I would really consider doing mine like that.

Funny thread. If I ever brought any of my bike projects into the house I'm sure my toddler son would soon have it in little pieces when I wasn't looking! :blush:

I don't think my wife would mind too much if I brought a bike inside... there's already pretty much half a bike in parts stored in various boxes the spare room, waiting to be assembled for my next project.

I would prefer my own space when working on bikes. I couldn't do it with family around - half the small parts would probably go missing as would tools!

Someday I'll build a workshop with air conditioning and a decent stove for winter. That, with all the space, tools & equipment I could need would make me happiest when working on bikes. :happy:

• Member Contributer

My students ask me why my bike is a boy. I tell them, "I ride him, and I'm not a lesbian."

Exactly!

All my bikes have been boys :smile2:

I know I have a wonderful woman in my life. Now that I think about it, she is a lot like my VFR!

They are both rather good looking.

I like to rub on both of them.

I like to wash both of them.

They are both always fun to be around.

They both always preform to the best of their capabilities.

They both love the turns. (The "turns" thing is certainly and inside thing between her and me :goofy:)

They almost never have a headache but even when she does, she still preforms well.

And they both make me very happy!

Hilarious! That's a great pic too!

Archived