Givi E22

Guest Shiro

Guest Shiro

In case you guys were wondering... I tried looking for pictures to see how they looked before I bought them, but couldn't find any. I bought them anyway, so here's a pic of mine for anyone's future reference.post-26421-0-32703700-1400823359.jpg

That's what I was hoping for when I bought these. I assume you have the E21s? I was looking at those at first, then I found out they just released these. I was also looking at the V35s, but those are entirely too expensive.

• Member Contributer

A good alternative to the high priced OEM's and the V35's. Plus I think they look great.

• Member Contributer

I think I like those better than the rounded Givis... they look nice on the bike!

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I was looking at these and thinking how they did a nice job updating the bags. But the rounded ones are the E21's. These match the lines of the tail pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

Those are listed at 22L, but look larger. Can you put a full-face helmet in one saddlebag?

Lint, not sure if you're aware of this, but if you're looking for hard luggage for your Italian Red VFR, it's hard to beat the OEM ones from DSS for $495. You can get the USDM ones with the "Interceptor" badge and reflector or the EDM ones with the "VFR" badge and no reflector.

http://www.davidsilverspares.com/VFR8002-VTEC-2002/part_182617/

http://www.davidsilverspares.com/VFR8002-VTEC-2002/part_23588/

Any chance you have a picture from the rear? I currently have the Givi bags that open to the side, and I would rather they open from the top. Thanks.

Those are listed at 22L, but look larger. Can you put a full-face helmet in one saddlebag?

Lint, not sure if you're aware of this, but if you're looking for hard luggage for your Italian Red VFR, it's hard to beat the OEM ones from DSS for $495. You can get the USDM ones with the "Interceptor" badge and reflector or the EDM ones with the "VFR" badge and no reflector.

http://www.davidsilverspares.com/VFR8002-VTEC-2002/part_182617/

http://www.davidsilverspares.com/VFR8002-VTEC-2002/part_23588/

Is this the bracket I would need? http://www.davidsilverspares.com/VFR8002-VTEC-2002/part_23588/ I have never owned a bike with luggage.

Sorry for the lateness folks. These bags are designated as E22, but they are actually pretty much the same size as the E21. That being said, you will not be able to fit a helmet in there. I'll get a picture of the back once it's light out tomorrow.

They did suit me well for a little weekend trip, but I am a bit of a light packer, and also good at playing Tetris with my belongings. That being said, your mileage may vary.

looks good, thought they would be slimmer than the OEM bags once mounted but i see that really isn't possible thanks for the pics. the top loading feature must be nicer than the side opening OEM bags tho.

btw when i bought my VFR the previous owner had hacked the fender so bad that i put in a competition werkes fender eliminator but i see that both the OEM and the givi bags use the fender to tie both sides together, would i still be able to mount the bags without the stock fender?

There is a metal bracket that bolts on right behind the license plate. I suppose if you could find a way to bring the two sides together, it could be done, but it might not be as sturdy, and there would be a random bar there that might look out of place...

To mount the OEM bags, you do not need the plastic fender or the metal fender bracket below it. The plastic fender can be deleted or kept with the saddlebags. The stock metal bracket is replaced by a beefier one included in the luggage mounting hardware. You do need the license plate light/bracket, however. I'm sure those can be sourced cheaply used. Or you might be able to find a work-around.

To mount the OEM bags, you do not need the plastic fender or the metal fender bracket below it. The plastic fender can be deleted or kept with the saddlebags. The stock metal bracket is replaced by a beefier one included in the luggage mounting hardware. You do need the license plate light/bracket, however. I'm sure those can be sourced cheaply used. Or you might be able to find a work-around.

thanks a lot for the info, i just went to david silvers spares and saw the replacement bracket included, guess i'll have my tag visible by red light cameras again...... lol i'll be ordering the OEM bags in a few weeks, the givi don't really save you much and since they stick out just as much i might as well go with the OEM.

I have the E22s on my vstrom but I mounted opposite so the larger side is forward. They are OK but the factory luggage on the 02 VFR I just bought has a bit more capacity and fits tighter. I think to bet the slimer tighter fit from Giving you need the V35s and unless you are looking to share between multiple bikes, the OEM look to be a better deal.

• 3 months later...

In case you guys were wondering... I tried looking for pictures to see how they looked before I bought them, but couldn't find any. I bought them anyway, so here's a pic of mine for anyone's future reference.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I bought them yesterday and i am going to use them tomorrow. But I cannot decide which side is the correct one.

So since you own them for about 4 months..

Is it the correct way to put them or is the opposite one of your picture?

Feedback on the bike's behavior when traveling at 180-200 km/h with the Givi 22 on?

Thank you.

Archived